whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where in upstate are you timberland? Windy as #### here but we worked through it.

On another note, I debated starting a new thread but I got a quick question on bucket covers. We bought a new one this year and the elastic is already shot, blows off on the highway. It would be easy enough to just run without it during the day and put it back on at night but I heard without the cover the fiberglass insert can somehow work itself out in the wind on the road. This seems completely retarded to me but the #### do I know, I'm just a dumb tree cutter. Anyone ever experience anything similar?

Sheriil tree sells a nice cover that I got 2 years ago and the bungee is still super strong on it. Think it was $130

That's enough for me, Mike, thanks.

Maybe drill a hole so you can thread a beener or bungy for rentention purposes but for what they wnt for those damn covers ( Lord knows I have seen enough of them laying on the road) take it off when you drive.

I went out and drove my pickup over a well head and sewer pipe with the chipper hooked to it. I can't see buying a brand new truck to drive it into bushes and scrape it all up.

So I was all set blowing chips into the wood and pulling spruce trees out of pools thinking about what my friend, a financial advisor, said to me at the Y pool the other day. He said, " When are you just gonna hire mexicans to do that ####?"

I was about to ask him when he was gonna hire mexicans to do his job, well, because they can do that too, but then he went on about how the power company doesn't do a very nice job clearing the wires. I didn't bother to get invloved with his lines and worked hard not to point out that he was a fat #### and his wife was wider than she was tall. As long as they are nice right? Nice? Right?

So I was a-hacking and a-slashing getting that spruce out of the pool thinking about Quantum Physics and thinking maybe I had enough of be subjugated when my wife called me around one and said she was picking up Sarah and some other kids whose grandmother was dying so I packed up and went home. Mainly because I had done all I could and needed my dump truck cause I wasn't gonna drag the other spruce all the way over to where I could blow the chips into woods and the ground was getting to mushy to drive the dump truck in. I hope to blow it out in the morning.

Now I kinda do get off doing things by myself that rightly should require a properly trained crew to stay within etiquette and I was never one for ettiquet and if you know anything about Quantum Physics you may realize that etiquette is nothing more than a dream and if you take your eyes off of it then its not there. There is no forest, there is no tree... until someone is there... apparently... but I can't say for certain.

And that is pretty much what I told the guy at the pizza shop when I order a pizza with everything on it. He asked what I meant by " everything", I told him that all was up to him and I can't wait to see that pizza.

Last edited:
A little town called Argyle which i believe is the only dry town in new york. The job i was supposed to do the ho called and said she was taking her kids to great escape. My bucket cover is elastic with a rope and bull snap i hook to the boom. Even if it blows off its not gone for ever.

A little town called Argyle which i believe is the only dry town in new york. The job i was supposed to do the ho called and said she was taking her kids to great escape. My bucket cover is elastic with a rope and bull snap i hook to the boom. Even if it blows off its not gone for ever.

You are UPSTATE then! I'm down in Binghamton and there is a local here with the same name as you. My cover has the snap too so I won't lose it, but flying a big, orange, Buckingham kite off my boom on the highway ain't my style. Guess I'll end up rigging somrthing to make her stick.

I take mine off when i leave the house. You can take some 1/4 " rope put a bowline in one end and choke the cover under the lip of the bucket, couple half hitches your good to go.

Let's hope I don't have telling eyes if that happens. I might pass out anyways. 19 hours and counting

Yea seeing your child's head "crowning" in what looks like a hot bowl of oatmeal is a bit tough !good luck , and remember don't dare ask the doc for an extra stitch , they frown upon that anymore :hmm3grin2orange:

Yea seeing your child's head "crowning" in what looks like a hot bowl of oatmeal is a bit tough !good luck , and remember don't dare ask the doc for an extra stitch , they frown upon that anymore :hmm3grin2orange:

Extra stitch!!?? I know you know from experience jackass. 101, yer my hero!

When it's just you and her and the midwife is taking her time getting there, ain't nothing for it but to become the Doc. By number 4 it ain't now thang.

Went shopping for the first time in a couple months; paid some awesome suppliers, got the business free and clear of all debts. And then drove home going 45 on the freeway for only the second time ever in my life. It's fun out!
View attachment 280624

Still working on that college's new property. Everytime I turn off to the access road I'm amazed. One minute I am in the city with all it's people , cars, and noise, 5 min. later wilderness. Yesterday a bobcat ran across the road as I was driving back there. I am done with all the trees, and were removing a lot of concrete steps and sidewalks. I hate doing anything besides tree work, but I like that area a lot. We have a excavator, and a bobcat skidsteer, but I love swinging a 16 pound sledge hammer and bust stuff up.
We've removed a lot of old irrigation pipe also. I'm saving all the brass valves(I have a lot of them now)to take to the scrap yard for recycling. I bet I have 50lbs of brass.
Here are some more pictures.View attachment 280638View attachment 280640View attachment 280641View attachment 280642View attachment 280643

Still working on that college's new property. Everytime I turn off to the access road I'm amazed. One minute I am in the city with all it's people , cars, and noise, 5 min. later wilderness. Yesterday a bobcat ran across the road as I was driving back there. I am done with all the trees, and were removing a lot of concrete steps and sidewalks. I hate doing anything besides tree work, but I like that area a lot. We have a excavator, and a bobcat skidsteer, but I love swinging a 16 pound sledge hammer and bust stuff up.
We've removed a lot of old irrigation pipe also. I'm saving all the brass valves(I have a lot of them now)to take to the scrap yard for recycling. I bet I have 50lbs of brass.
Here are some more pictures.View attachment 280638View attachment 280640View attachment 280641View attachment 280642View attachment 280643

Thought about you today when I drove past a group of deer...they're as common as rats here. Sounds like a pretty cheap price for that much land around there. Cool place.

Sheriil tree sells a nice cover that I got 2 years ago and the bungee is still super strong on it. Think it was $130

Tell you what i just got the orange one from tree stuff and am impressed, actually the first cover that ice and snow cant push down and leak. My saw scabbard and harness are nice and dry every morning.

Tell you what i just got the orange one from tree stuff and am impressed, actually the first cover that ice and snow cant push down and leak. My saw scabbard and harness are nice and dry every morning.

Highranger, right? Do you cover your joystick with it too, or just the basket?

Finished up my stump grinder chip screens today.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Back