whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We did a bunch of removals yesterday with the crane. It was a so-so day, right off the bat my truck got stuck in the snow with the chipper... had to take the chipper off so one of my friends could pull the truck out with his pick-up, then we got the chipper out with his truck. All ice under the snow, and where there wasn't snow there was just ice. I didn't get the job with the crazy cat woman, and this other oak tree I was planning to take out was postponed due to a car being in the way of the set-up. I did see my new alturnamats, but unfortunately the company ordered 4x8's instead of 3x8... so I will be getting them at the lower price... not a bad deal.

Today we finished up one of the jobs from yesterday, one of my friends came in to haul off the logs with his log truck... cost me $250 to take out 2 loads of wood. He took off $50 because I let him dump some cottonweed logs at my yard. Picked up my compressor from the mechanic, they had to do a new filter on it, $500 right there. Got a bill from an alleged friend for hauling logs about a month ago... $700 to haul 1 trailer load of logs and dispose of them... the logs were all decked up nicey nice, but he had to be greedy... last time I'll be using him for that. Another friend called me, starting to put together a nice crane job for the next couple of weeks, so it looks promising.

They look very nice 2 tree. I will be making me a pair just like them. What are the dementions??

Each square is 4'x4'. Unfolded its 12'x4'

Here is a material list of what i used

40 - 8' lath
8 - 5" hd hinges
4 - handles
4- 1/4"x 3" bolt w/ eyes
5lb box 4" deck screws
5lb box 1-1/4" course drywall screws
32 - 1/4"x 2-1/2" bolts, nylon lock nuts, fender washers
wood glue for frame corners
2 large tubes construction adhesive for between the two frames halfs
25' roll of 1/4" squares hardware cloth
25' roll of 1/2" squares hardware cloth
4 bungees with the plastic ball

Welcome to the world Ellie! Congrats

Pulled the rear passenger wheel off my truck today, 2003 Chev 1500 4x4. Its been making the most godawful grinding, broken spinning shaft sound finally pinpointed that wheel. Figured it was either the bearing or the parking break shoe inside the rear drum. Wheel felt solid, pulled the caliper & rotor/drum shoe was loose as cheap who-err and I could tell it'd been rubbing. Put it all back together and she's silent again, love it when you can fix something by simply removing and discarding parts - doesn't happen often lol. Stupid design on GM's part anyways, parking brake hardly ever worked!

Welcome to the world Ellie! Congrats

Pulled the rear passenger wheel off my truck today, 2003 Chev 1500 4x4. Its been making the most godawful grinding, broken spinning shaft sound finally pinpointed that wheel. Figured it was either the bearing or the parking break shoe inside the rear drum. Wheel felt solid, pulled the caliper & rotor/drum shoe was loose as cheap who-err and I could tell it'd been rubbing. Put it all back together and she's silent again, love it when you can fix something by simply removing and discarding parts - doesn't happen often lol. Stupid design on GM's part anyways, parking brake hardly ever worked!

That's good, did you get your door handle/lever I pulled off back together?

I might be geting 2-3 200t's from a guy that owes me money.They have alot of hours on them and are retired. I was wondering what it cost to have one rebuilt and who rebuilds them?

Latest posts

Back