whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, getting ready for more now we are supposed to be getting tonight/tomorrow. Heavy wet stuff. Looked at a job today, 15 60-75' red pines beside/behind the house guy wants removed, some others dead wooded etc.... says think you can do the stumps at the same time? I thought he was kidding, we have over 3' of snow in some places around here, more coming..... he wasn't! No way I am getting it out of storage until the snow melts. He was ok with that, have a bunch to do in the same hood when the snow melts so I can knock em all off at once. Now just waiting for a nice day to make em disappear.

Pretty easy day.

Dropped the mini skid off at the dealers (Difficulty starting). I've tried fixing it and it's beyond me.

Got to use my new ramps for the first time today. They are awesome.

Career day for my 7 year olds class brought the bucket and chipper my gear and my 084 with 4' bar. Kids loved it,im setting up an arbor day deal for there school. Trimming existing trees and planting some new ones.

Been getting into it the past few days, ain't doing a three week show piece but they gonna look good when we start rolling again.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

View attachment 282026View attachment 282027View attachment 282028View attachment 282029View attachment 282030

good lord that chipper looks ready for the scrap yard, no side panels, all that old paint gonna blister the new off & a tow behind stumper..........wow! I didnt know anybody still used those? is this your prized fleet? LOL!!!!!

I actually have an old stumper like that in the junk pile, seriously! & prolly in just as good shape.

LXT...........

277544d1360110470-img_0263-jpg

Lexy!?!?!? What's up, mah nugga? Cable pulling baznass treating you well? Were you able to afford those new side skirts on the mobile home this year? The upfront cost is a beeyatch ( for you ) but you'll save some serious loot on future heating costs! Anyways, good to see you still stalking up my posts, I'm sure this one will make you smile and warm you're poor old ( failing ) heart during the cold night.

Yeah, fleet...

good lord that chipper looks ready for the scrap yard, no side panels, all that old paint gonna blister the new off & a tow behind stumper..........wow! I didnt know anybody still used those? is this your prized fleet? LOL!!!!!

I actually have an old stumper like that in the junk pile, seriously! & prolly in just as good shape.

LXT...........

Are you and yer hand fighting again?

Found a crack in my chipper radiator today, gotta pull that in the morning. Working on replacing the two bad bearings on the stumper I bought. I had a good idea that they were bad when I bought it, and randy hooked me up on the price for new ones. Got it ready now to slide on the new bearings and put her back on the machine. God that wheel is heavy.

I didn't believe it when my father told me when I was a little boy but I guess its true when you pass a certain northern longitude everything is upside down. It must make the tree work easy huh?

The world should un-invert itself if you click on the pic (to reverse the gravitational force)
But yer right; climbing is a blast with the snow caressing the back of my neck.

Well, getting ready for more now we are supposed to be getting tonight/tomorrow. Heavy wet stuff. Looked at a job today, 15 60-75' red pines beside/behind the house guy wants removed, some others dead wooded etc.... says think you can do the stumps at the same time? I thought he was kidding, we have over 3' of snow in some places around here, more coming..... he wasn't! No way I am getting it out of storage until the snow melts. He was ok with that, have a bunch to do in the same hood when the snow melts so I can knock em all off at once. Now just waiting for a nice day to make em disappear.

Hope you get it! Got a failure to stop ticket 3 days ago lol.... Have any sway with Barrie Police? haha

Do any of you guys know if a bobcat 331 mini excavator will load a 2 ft diam pine stump? (6ft root ball) It's already out I just need to load it into a dump trailer. My 763 skidsteer won't pick it up.

It's 7:30 on a Friday night and I'm excited to be wearing sweatpants and that jeopardy is gonna start soon...

Do any of you guys know if a bobcat 331 mini excavator will load a 2 ft diam pine stump? (6ft root ball) It's already out I just need to load it into a dump trailer. My 763 skidsteer won't pick it up.

Bobcat specs for the 331 SOP 2000 mini says 1430 lb lift capacity. The tipping load of your 763 is 3000 lbs. Bobcat Historical Specifications - Bobcat Company
Seems the excavator could have more breakout force but the numbers dont look promising. Hope that helps but you probably already used the google.

Latest posts

Back