whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished up putting the new bearings on the stump grinder this morning. Rotated some pockets and teeth too.

attachment.php

Started to tear apart the chipper to get the radiator off. Didnt go as bad as i thought.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Phone is finally starting to ring a little bit. Spring is on the way. :rock: Went and looked at this job for a landscaper. As we were looking at it, he said if i wanted to do it hourly, his customer was ok with it. They just put the fence in a week ago. I asked him why they didnt wait to do the fence till the trees were down. Gonna have to have the power shut down to remove the trees. Thats gonna be four houses without power. He said he got a couple other prices rangeing from $2000 to $4000. I told him $3000, but i dont think i am gonna get it. What a shame.

attachment.php

Didn't do a da##* thing. Rain, woods are wet and soft, suppose to cool at night in couple days. Probably going to have to face it, springs coming.

It's gonna be 85 degrees today,,,,,,
Talked to an old Navy buddy this morning, he is kinda freaked out.
He went poop this morning and a lot of bright red blood came out. He don't have health care so he is going to ride it out.
He said it was a lot of blood, not a little. He won't go to a doctor because of money he don't have.
Other than that,, it's a beautiful day.
Jeff

oh ####

Hah, was gonna pm this but you're full ... :dizzy: Tell your buddy bright red is not such a huge deal, means it happened near the end....had some medication do that to me once, freaked me the hell out too. Doctor didn't seem too concerned but I sure as #### didn't take any more of that stuff.
If it's dark red/black that could be a major problem. Sure he already has looked but google has alot of info.

Are you and yer hand fighting again?

NO..........! I thought id put a dress on a rabbit n give that a go! a trick I learned from you, & I just thought id give ole blakey a lil kick, knew he would put up a pic, I just thought he had something to show????

I really like the pic of the yota attached to the chipper..........he musta had the ole lady haul it for him, lol, yeah my trailers not bad blakes its just twice the size of yers........kinda like my annual income LMFAO, hey? howd that xmas light endeavor go for ya? LOL, musta been a booming year I mean hell getn all yer stuff primed n painted........woo wee! wont you look dapper pulling 20yr old equipment with an orange peel paint job waiting to happen, go get em tree cudder! LMFAO

LXT..........

NO..........! I thought id put a dress on a rabbit n give that a go! a trick I learned from you, & I just thought id give ole blakey a lil kick, knew he would put up a pic, I just thought he had something to show????

I really like the pic of the yota attached to the chipper..........he musta had the ole lady haul it for him, lol, yeah my trailers not bad blakes its just twice the size of yers........kinda like my annual income LMFAO, hey? howd that xmas light endeavor go for ya? LOL, musta been a booming year I mean hell getn all yer stuff primed n painted........woo wee! wont you look dapper pulling 20yr old equipment with an orange peel paint job waiting to happen, go get em tree cudder! LMFAO

LXT..........

Why do you post up some pics! I need a good laugh.

Do any of you guys know if a bobcat 331 mini excavator will load a 2 ft diam pine stump? (6ft root ball) It's already out I just need to load it into a dump trailer. My 763 skidsteer won't pick it up.

I was mistaken, it was an e32 excavator. It worked but just barely picked the stump high enough. A great day though, when I finished that I brought it home and dug a hole for a root cellar.

filled this truck
20130302_123634.jpg

6 times using this beast
20130302_123612.jpg

to feed this beast
20130302_123617.jpg

finally tally was 28 trees removed, 200+ yards of chips (40 yard chip truck x 6 loads) 2 loads of wood. Boom in the air at 730, folded and finished at 5.

filled this truck
20130302_123634.jpg

6 times using this beast
20130302_123612.jpg

to feed this beast
20130302_123617.jpg

finally tally was 28 trees removed, 200+ yards of chips (40 yard chip truck x 6 loads) 2 loads of wood. Boom in the air at 730, folded and finished at 5.

Now for the juicy part: what does someone in Rowley charge for something like that? Up here in vancouver, Canada that would be about 14K-16K. (hope you don't mind me asking)

Now for the juicy part: what does someone in Rowley charge for something like that? Up here in vancouver, Canada that would be about 14K-16K. (hope you don't mind me asking)

I honestly don't know. We get shown the orange X's and get to go home when they're gone.

I would think even more than that just to rent that crane around here is over 2-3k a day. Probably 20 or more.

They don't rent that crane,They own at least 3 of them ..:)

know of them well, the point was how much the bid was, since they own it they don't just leave thousands on the table.

I wish a rental company would let me put a 40 foot sticker with my company name on the boom. :msp_tongue:

I dont think he meant 40 yards our walking floor tractor trailers hold right around 100 so i don't think that thing is doing 40, 25 is usually pretty big for a tandem or a single. to much volume

We run 25 yard boxes and that truck looks huge compared to them. Wirh a full load on we are over on the rear...

We run 25 yard boxes and that truck looks huge compared to them. Wirh a full load on we are over on the rear...

Really? i didn't think it looked that big i was thinking it was close to our 25. i would think it isn't even possible to put 40 in a single but i really don't know i have no idea what mine haul.

my knuckle boom is 14long not sure how many yards that would that be? our chip truck is like 22 long but i never tried to figure the yardage it hauls. i know its heavy.

heres a picture how many yards do you think i really have no idea?

View attachment 282429

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back