whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a 78 hp deutz diesel. I know i could have cut the stump lower, but i wanted to see what she had. Biggest stump i have ground with her yet.

I guess you had try it out, if I left a stump that high for the stumper crew id prob get fired. We have a stumper that looks the same , wheeled though, but it's like 45-50 HP then we run a big tow behind

I feel like I'm picking on my neighbor's retarded kid when I argue with you. It can entertain for a bit but I just end up feeling bad.

Ha, on the contray..........I thought you were my neighbors retarded kid & I dont feel bad!!!!!!!!!!!! LMFAO

LXT...

Ground this 5' dbh ash tree stump that me and the dan cut down a couple months ago. Took about a hour and 45 mins to grind. I ended up grinding pretty close to a 15' x 15' x 18" deep area. The chip screens i made worked great. I love my new grinder, and I DIDNT fell like a ********** for driving in the customers yard!

I've gotta a little 630a grinder. With the stump cut a little lowerer I can grind that size ash in a little over an hour, and mind you Im a machine lol

40 yards of chips on a single axle? Watch out for dot...

It IS way overloaded, very true. I figure that i'm rolling down the road anywhere between 55k and 70k full with the woodsman. Trailer is reg'd at 19500. But show me a log truck or dump truck thats not overloaded and i'll show you a dump/log truck thats losing money.

What's the inside dimensions of the box?

no tape measure handy so i took some pics at the dump for you guys.

Truck rides at 13'3. Trailer i'm parked a foot away from, lined up end headboard to headboard is 12'6
20130304_114310.jpg

20130304_095524.jpg

20130304_095536.jpg

20130304_095604.jpg

You must have a really powerful chipper to fill that with no gaps,,I ain't there,, but no way that is 40.
Jeff:msp_rolleyes:

There's a pic on another tree site of a 40 yarder, it's a tandem axle monster that you could park lil red in.. Thats 25 yards at best, nice job though many trees killed in a single day well done. No need for the hype.

You must have a really powerful chipper to fill that with no gaps,,I ain't there,, but no way that is 40.
Jeff:msp_rolleyes:

Put a pic of your guys chip truck up it looks huge to me the one you guys have in some of your crane pictures. To me its not the ability to haul it but volume. here is a 50 and you can see what im talking about. View attachment 282783

Last edited:
Well, after all that I have to eat crow. Truck is actually a 30 yarder. I'd been told it was 40 and took it to Bri the gospel truth. My apologies for my stubbornness.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

View attachment 282819

Did the first removal with this lift yesterday. 90 ft. skinny maple hanging over a guys shed. I laid down 125 ft. on 1/2" plywood half sheets on top of the snow and walked it in over some pretty mushy ground without leaving a mark. I'll probably pick up a few mats for sensitive areas but 2x8' mats are 43 lbs. and I don't think I want to throw them around all day. I was able to cut and pitch so I could do the tree by myself. The only downside was looking down and seeing tens of thousands of dollars worth of components that looked pretty vulnerable. I'll have to work on that. Happy so far.
Phil

View attachment 282819

Did the first removal with this lift yesterday. 90 ft. skinny maple hanging over a guys shed. I laid down 125 ft. on 1/2" plywood half sheets on top of the snow and walked it in over some pretty mushy ground without leaving a mark. I'll probably pick up a few mats for sensitive areas but 2x8' mats are 43 lbs. and I don't think I want to throw them around all day. I was able to cut and pitch so I could do the tree by myself. The only downside was looking down and seeing tens of thousands of dollars worth of components that looked pretty vulnerable. I'll have to work on that. Happy so far.
Phil

Sweet lift! Is it new?

View attachment 282819

Phil

No outriggers?

Latest posts

Back