whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No outriggers?

The outriggers fold forward to go through a 36" gate.

282819-lifta-jpg

Video of grinding that 5' dbh ash stump yesturday. I speed it up 4x to make it not so boring. There is a few spots you might get sea sick from though! lol. I gotta get a video lesson from the murph one of these days.

[video=youtube_share;bFsT_44GSAM]http://youtu.be/bFsT_44GSAM[/video]

Thats a nice lift im sure ill be after one someday. Once i dont feel like climbing trees anymore ill probably bite, the reach we have with the kboom and a bucket on it is the only thing that has postponed it. since we only need minimal capacity we can get it up in the 90's never really measured it nor is there a chart for it there so i only use it as a bucket that high and man does it move at that height.

Video of grinding that 5' dbh ash stump yesturday. I speed it up 4x to make it not so boring. There is a few spots you might get sea sick from though! lol. I gotta get a video lesson from the murph one of these days.

[video=youtube_share;bFsT_44GSAM]http://youtu.be/bFsT_44GSAM[/video]

Well least your video works lol I cant figure out mine of course it aint far from reel to real lmfao I gotta knock out 50 stumps tomorrow with my sc 602 :cheers:

The way things are here I could never justify spending that much money for something like that. Truthfully, I don't believe the thing is worth $145,000.

Thats the same price of a new forestry bucket truck with elevator. I have been tossing the idea around for in a couple years either buying a lift like this or a 75' bucket truck. Everyone that i talk to about a bucket with elevator says stay away from them. They just cost to much to maintain. Besides, I cant always get a bucket into someones back yard, where you probably can almost always get a lift into there backyard.

We actually are planning on renting it out but we'll never just hand someone the keys. I or someone I've trained will remain with it and do the positioning. As far as insurance it basically goes like this; I'll be in the bucket doing the work under my insurance subbing to someone else or someone else is in the bucket under their insurance but with me managing the lift. We're also trying to look outside of tree work for uses. I'm 65 with a replaced knee and I don't feel much like dragging brush any more. I could have packed in and sat around and did nothing but what fun is that. Money's cheap. 3.49% for a 10 year fixed rate loan. I don't think that will last. The value of the US dollar certainly won't last; not with the government printing money at warp speed. I ordered a saw lanyard from the great guys up at tree stuff this morning. 20 bucks and change for the same lanyard I bought a few years ago for $15. That list could go on and on and if you don't believe me go find an old 2006 Wesspur catalog and look at the prices. 145 grand is a lot of money but consider this. In 1976 I bought a house for $58,000. 37 years later I was able to mortgage that same house and pay for a $145,000 lift with some left over. My "guess" is that $145,000 might not seem like much in the coming years. Time will tell. Ask me in a year from now and I'll give you and honest answer.
Phil

We actually are planning on renting it out but we'll never just hand someone the keys. I or someone I've trained will remain with it and do the positioning. As far as insurance it basically goes like this; I'll be in the bucket doing the work under my insurance subbing to someone else or someone else is in the bucket under their insurance but with me managing the lift. We're also trying to look outside of tree work for uses. I'm 65 with a replaced knee and I don't feel much like dragging brush any more. I could have packed in and sat around and did nothing but what fun is that. Money's cheap. 3.49% for a 10 year fixed rate loan. I don't think that will last. The value of the US dollar certainly won't last; not with the government printing money at warp speed. I ordered a saw lanyard from the great guys up at tree stuff this morning. 20 bucks and change for the same lanyard I bought a few years ago for $15. That list could go on and on and if you don't believe me go find an old 2006 Wesspur catalog and look at the prices. 145 grand is a lot of money but consider this. In 1976 I bought a house for $58,000. 37 years later I was able to mortgage that same house and pay for a $145,000 lift with some left over. My "guess" is that $145,000 might not seem like much in the coming years. Time will tell. Ask me in a year from now and I'll give you and honest answer.
Phil

Let me get this straight...you are 65 and you mortgaged a paid for house to buy a $145,000 piece of tree equipment.:msp_ohmy:

Phil
Not to be a A$$ but at 65 you should know better then to ever borrow against your home to buy equipment. I am thinking your home was paied for to.

Not to be a A$$ but at 65 you should know better then to ever borrow against your home to buy equipment. I am thinking your home was paied for to.
It was paid for and I have the ability to cover the loan. Unless, of course, the banks close with everyone's money locked up tight and then the whole economy gets flushed.
Regards,
Phil

I'm saying he is going to say it was not his home but just a house he owned. At 65, you start admitting that you hocked your paid for home for $145,000 to buy some kind of tree equipment, even if you did, and your kids might stuff you in the old folks home for dementia.

I'm saying he is going to say it was not his home but just a house he owned. At 65, you start admitting that you hocked your paid for home for $145,000 to buy some kind of tree equipment, even if you did, and your kids might stuff you in the old folks home for dementia.

Whoops...got that in late.

Latest posts

Back