whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grinded two big stumps and then went to the river for some fried snapping turtle.....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....good!!!!

lol

Pretty much laid up all week with bad abdominal pain, after being to Emerg on Sunday aft. Had a CT scan Tues and waiting for the results. Kidney stones??

I had the kidney stones years ago from drinking a lot of soft drinks and dehydrating working in the sun and my sympathies go out to ya. They say it is the only pain similar to a woman giving birth in intensity. I had mine for about 24 hours.

I had the kidney stones years ago from drinking a lot of soft drinks and dehydrating working in the sun and my sympathies go out to ya. They say it is the only pain similar to a woman giving birth in intensity. I had mine for about 24 hours.

Yeah. To many sodas. I woke up one morning with a dull ache, in 20 minutes I was in the ER waiting room, pants down, hands on my giblets and jumpng up and down till they dosed me.
24 hours seems just a tad to long to endure something like a kidney stone. The pain seemed to come from my kidneys ( back and side) and my groin. Not the abdomen.

Yeah. To many sodas. I woke up one morning with a dull ache, in 20 minutes I was in the ER waiting room, pants down, hands on my giblets and jumpng up and down till they dosed me.
24 hours seems just a tad to long to endure something like a kidney stone. The pain seemed to come from my kidneys ( back and side) and my groin. Not the abdomen.

Yeah, nasty stuff. At first they thought I was a drug addict going through withdrawals. It was about 3 am and finally they gave me the morphine. I passed about 5 or 6 of them. I think now they can explode them with vibration somehow.

Speaking of stump grinders...

This didnt happen today but it is worth a laugh even if it is at my own expense.

This is what I found after not trenching around a stump properly.

attachment.php

And this is what it did to my poor stumpy.

attachment.php

And this....

attachment.php

And this too....

attachment.php

It cost me a new set of pockets and a new set of teeth. The moral of the story is check with the shovel first!!

Yes it was an easy fix. Just not as easy as checking with the shovel 1st. I don't want to think about the shape my legs would have been in if I was stupid enough to take the guards off as I see done from time to time.....Lucky for me the wedge (weighed maybe 2 1/2 kg) went sideways after being hit but it still made a nice bang bouncing of the wall.

Yes it was an easy fix. Just not as easy as checking with the shovel 1st. I don't want to think about the shape my legs would have been in if I was stupid enough to take the guards off as I see done from time to time.....Lucky for me the wedge (weighed maybe 2 1/2 kg) went sideways after being hit but it still made a nice bang bouncing of the wall.

Yup, 20/20, How many times do we think we could of avoided something after the fact?
Jeff

Looked at the first nasty one of the year... 110' white pine with lightning struck dead top(s) (about 30', stone dead, with the bark falling off). all wood gets roped (house on downslope). Powelines prevent good crane access and the dead tops have to be roped - or climbed way up on and pieced out. Or just get the power shut off and get a crane.

Some of these things aren't even really worth it.

I actually (gulp) bid this thing pretty aggressively, considering what it is. We shall see...

We removed a big black cherry, partially broken and on a house. Rigged it all down. Did some other pruning and installed a cable. 9 solid hours of work for four guys on a sunday. Have more pruning and cabling to do tomorrow. Going to be another long week. Took out a big decayed sugar maple yesterday with talltreeclimber. I'm not used to the warm weather yet..... Mike

Ok a little closer to the topic. This happened today but I swear I didnt do it.

attachment.php

Had a couple of storm fronts pass over today. Perth has pretty mild weather all year round so a decent wind can do a lot of damage. This E.indica will have to come out. Its a pity cos they are beautiful in flower and this one is an easy 50 years old.

We got hail too! Thats a big deal around here.

attachment.php

Hey they make metal detectors lol heck with a shovel lmfao:cheers:

Those metal detectors aren't much good at detecting rocks. I always hit way more of those than I do steel wedges.

Lmao it is amazing if I hit dirt here, we have more rock than dirt seriously. Quartz really all rock the only soil is a very thin layer of decomposed organic matter.

Latest posts

Back