whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

They're on my old cell phone that needs special softwear to extract. I'd email them, but I needed to save the $360/yr I was spending on internet phone; whatwith school and all. I need a new phone, but with school and work....I still need tires, though I did get the breaks and fluids done over the winter.

Hopefully all the calls I got this week, everyone wanted Friday, will fill up next weeks spring break so I'll be draginass sore by the weekend and can do more then pay off the credit cards this month. :laugh:

Thank god for my pension!

What will i do today? School all morning, maybe a little work in the afternoon. There is always dog crap to clean up :laugh:

Hard to do too much by myself. The phone is ringing and there is work though...

Had a call this morning from a fired aspy employee looking for work. I have a picture of some of his handywork set as my screensaver - a nice orange vermeer flipped over on its back. dont suppose he knows that though. lol.

Hopefully get out tommorow and saturday, make something out of the week. Its gonna be 70 the next two days.

Some more greasing and washing equipment today, estimate latter on.

Whats this? TV and lovestrom gonna be the next AS cage fight??

Got my money on the treeguy named Dave.:cheers:

jeff knows his shat about treework, but he's from cali-fornicate, and would rather hug ya and share a yogurt smoothie.

nothing wrong with slinging words on here, provided you're a real climber. (as both these guys are) get over it, and get back to work.

and Jeff, lay off the cheeseburgers, ok? we're gonna get you in a tree this summer at the AS summer picnic/slapfest.

Hard to do too much by myself. The phone is ringing and there is work though...

Had a call this morning from a fired aspy employee looking for work. I have a picture of some of his handywork set as my screensaver - a nice orange vermeer flipped over on its back. dont suppose he knows that though. lol.

Hopefully get out tommorow and saturday, make something out of the week. Its gonna be 70 the next two days.

Some more greasing and washing equipment today, estimate latter on.

Im available all weekend... :popcorn:

Only if you (pretty, please!!) promise to bring DOT along with you too. :)

j/k. I'm good for the weekend, but thanks.

LOL I was just wanted to see the response. I got something lined up for the weekend... But honestly would be glad too.

I am suppose to be helping out Treevet, he sent me a pic of him getting ready for the op
picture.php

LOL I was just wanted to see the response. I got something lined up for the weekend... But honestly would be glad too.

I am suppose to be helping out Treevet, he sent me a pic of him getting ready for the op
picture.php

Just waitin for Jeff to say is it axes or chainsaws lol. I could go either way obviously.

[QU:)OTE=treevet;2112218]9 times out of 10 I have no idea what you are saying and this is not the 1 per cent. Cable tv guy, look cool ???????

Every day stuff? Not for you, the last time you climbed was about a hundred thousand double cheeseburgers ago. :)

I don't eat fast food or "cheeseburgers", ha! Seems like you got alot of time for pics, do you add that into your production? You don't know my job and probably could not do it!
Jeff[/QUOTE]

Well, just what is you job anyway?

Well today, I managed to get my kid to school early; we left the house at 9 am. She don't eat breakfast, I even tried some chocolate chip cookies but no. She just sits there and sucks down chocolate milk pretty good though.

Then i hit the parts house for low pressure fuel pump for the 7.3. The book said to take the turbo off but thankfully that wasn't not the least bit nessary. If you even had one of those to mess with you would understand.
So that went well, no more Leaky Mcleak, man it stunk. It took awhile to clean it all up but the job wasn't that bad. A little tight in there and I kept slipping off the ladder. I greased the old barge up too and put some mouse bait under the hood.
During the pump job i went out to the nursery to take some pics of some trees for a client. I am pretty sure I have the job ( or else I wouldn't have taken the pics) and should pick up a deposit tonight when i show the pics.
Now its back up to the wood lot to try to make some sense up there.

Last edited:
Maintenance day today. Sharpened a chain for my climbing saw, made a new lanyard. Charged a battery for the stump grinder which I am about to take to a friend and let him look at. Had to dig in my books forever to find the local number for a line drop tomorrow. Been trying to schedule this all week and could get no confirmation or call back from corporate customer service in OH. I finally found my local contact and got that scheduled. Still have to take the stumper to be looked at and bid a job this afternoon.

Things are starting to pick up. I've done a couple of small jobs this week, have two large removals scheduled for tomorrow and another large removal for the beginning of next week. I also have another large job supposedly coming in next week. Just waiting to hear from the insurance Co. on that one. With the half dozen small jobs I have on the line I am starting to get busy! :cheers:

TheN I put up one of those cheap ass tarp sheds and moved a half pallet of rock salt into it, charged the cub cadet and got that running ( put it in cheap as tarp shed too) then swung the kid til I got sick then...
Well i have to meet a client tonight later. but was also talking with prospective "sub contract-bosses" .
I do think this thread is more like Rope's and Slayer's; you see they have their very own. it all seems fine to me and I want to thank The Vet for keeping me motivated.
BTW: What in the Hell does Jeff do again?

Sounds like someones cheese is slipping off the cracker:dizzy:

We got a bunch of little uprooted/broken trees done today, 4 different locations around town. I was really suprised they got it all done in time. First one the neighbor claimed ownership of the Leyland Cypress trees we were going to takedown, he had winched 1 of them back into place yesterday. SO we started on the next before he ran out and stopped us, whoops. Good thing it's in a right away. I see no sense in trying to save these things as they are around 25-30 tall, they stand no chance of making it long term.

we did some small pruning today In P-Town, got a tree to stand back up re guy'ed it.. took out a few storm damaged limbs..

then we tip lined a small decaying maple
then a small vista prune for the ocean
lastly I pruned a medium sized Elm while the other guys removed a decent sized locust that had been up rooted....I hate chipping on busy streets..

Sounds like someones cheese is slipping off the cracker:dizzy:

We got a bunch of little uprooted/broken trees done today, 4 different locations around town. I was really suprised they got it all done in time. First one the neighbor claimed ownership of the Leyland Cypress trees we were going to takedown, he had winched 1 of them back into place yesterday. SO we started on the next before he ran out and stopped us, whoops. Good thing it's in a right away. I see no sense in trying to save these things as they are around 25-30 tall, they stand no chance of making it long term.

My #### slipped sometime ago, probably born that way

:):confused: You know what I do,right?
Jeff

Besides talk more crap than me? No.
You have to understand I might have missed something you posted along the way. I think I did see a pic of someone ( I suppose you?) out on the tips at one point during this entire trip but then again I have seen a lot and I can't be to sure anymore.
Do you sling the saw or do you sling the jaw? for some reason I thought you were an estimator of some sort but I dunno. And yes, sometimes I have no idea what you are saying either, its those times I take it you are not talking to me.

Back