whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyways.... back to our regularly scheduled programing. Tall Tree climber, myself and the crew finished fixing storm damage on some big oaks etc and then did a 2nd job this pm. All went well. Took a small tree off a shed. The Fuso is shaping up. Used it for the 1st time today. Works great!. Have a little more sheet metal work to make it 100% though. I'll post pics soon. Tommorrow is more storm damage work, some small jobs...... Mike

I participated in my first controled burn in over a decade. Wow do I ache! I've not humped a 45lb pack in a long long time. Our fill spot was way far from most of the burn, and it was muddy/slippery out.

Kinda fun though, on the few areas that took fast, most of it was so wet we had to keep retorching .,

[QU:)OTE=treevet;2112218]9 times out of 10 I have no idea what you are saying and this is not the 1 per cent. Cable tv guy, look cool ???????

Every day stuff? Not for you, the last time you climbed was about a hundred thousand double cheeseburgers ago. :)[/QUOTE]

I don't eat fast food or "cheeseburgers", ha! Seems like you got alot of time for pics, do you add that into your production? You don't know my job and probably could not do it!
Jeff

Anyways.... back to our regularly scheduled programing. Tall Tree climber, myself and the crew finished fixing storm damage on some big oaks etc and then did a 2nd job this pm. All went well. Took a small tree off a shed. The Fuso is shaping up. Used it for the 1st time today. Works great!. Have a little more sheet metal work to make it 100% though. I'll post pics soon. Tommorrow is more storm damage work, some small jobs...... Mike

picts!

I participated in my first controled burn in over a decade. Wow do I ache! I've not humped a 45lb pack in a long long time. Our fill spot was way far from most of the burn, and it was muddy/slippery out.

Kinda fun though, on the few areas that took fast, most of it was so wet we had to keep retorching .,

Sounds like fun. I'd like to do that! I trained once for wildfire work when I worked for the state. Keeps you in shape. I don't do much hiking doing tree work...... Mike

picts!

attachment.php

Wow, that gut in the background has a cool hard-hat!
Is that a tree coming at me?
Jeff

Seems like you got alot of time for pics, do you add that into your production?

You don't know my job and probably could not do it!
Jeff

pictures just take a second and I keep a camera in a small case around my ankle. I love to look at other climber's pictures too.

I know you are not a climber.

Pool job was kinda interesting as it was a real thick reinforced old school pool and the guy had a 3,000 lb. weight on the end of a chain for a swinging wrecking ball (?) and crashed the sides. Later the rental company guy was there for a repair and told him it was a no no.....but he was done already.

So you know what is going on with the Pool guy but not--you know.
Jeff

pictures just take a second and I keep a camera in a small case around my ankle. I love to look at other climber's pictures too.

I know you are not a climber.

Then you are a dumb -ass , I know more about climbing than you I bet, I started in 1977, what about you? What are you doing now? I run and train 8 climbers. How are you doing?
Jeff Lovstrom

Last fall I was called to remove a tree in a wooded area I was dreading to get a call about for years. 100 foot plus huge trunk cherry had uprooted in an old growth woods and was embedded in a giant english elm.

Nothing to do but suck it up and go up the elm and dislodge it. The elm was healthy but was noticeably bowed from the weight so I thought I would bottom cut a few sections off the elm to get it more upright and therefore take some pressure off the elm.

I made just 1 cut of about 6 foot off the bottom of the cherry and instantly the both of them came crashing down to the ground. I was just a minute or 2 from climbing the elm and my sectioning off some of the cherry and the recoil may have been enough to bring both of them down like happened with the bottom cut.

I was thinking about that tree the whole time I was up in the hackberry today. We figured that maybe a nearby honey locust root system over the hackberry's back roots was holding it up. There was no other reason for that tree to be still standing.

Hackberry is extremely heavy wood. The tree was wanging all over the place the entire time I was up there esp. when I took off some huge pieces.

Then you are a dumb -ass , I know more about climbing than you I bet, I started in 1977, what about you? What are you doing now? I run and train 8 climbers. How are you doing?
Jeff Lovstrom

I started climbing in 1969 and have never stopped. I have run my own business since 1971 and can prove it.

You are a blowhard and I would slap the piss out of you if given the chance.

Latest posts

Back