whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still can't walk without a cane but the intense pain is gone. Wife is insisting I go to the Doctors, I still want to wait. I am a few dollars ahead for the first time in ages, The thought of giving it all to the doctors and then some hurts more then the knee. If it was making sucking noises Ied of gone all ready, but I think I may of bruised the hell out of it. Its a little swollen today but Iv seen it a lot worse, but you can see the bruiseing.
Last time I went to the doctors to have a date palm spike removed from my forearm, it cost me 1800.00 bucks. Ied of had that ground men pull a little harder with those needle nose pliers if I had known
I hate to think Im cheap, but I once pulled my own tooth 10 min. before the dental appaintment my wife made for me.using vise gripes. Almost fainted right in the bathroom mirror it hurt so bad.

I took one of the F-650's to get the front tires replaced. Seems like the weekends are the only time I can take vehicles and equiptment off the line. Got there at 8am.,one guy in the shop. Dang, 2 hours of my Saturday spent at the shop. Got a good deal tho,,,I have Hankook,,I replaced them with a newly introduced Toyo. $900.00 out the door. :clap:
It's gonna be a tough week coming up. I need to go tomorrow morning and get ready to set up a job I don't want. Gonna put 6 guys on it for a couple weeks,(about 300 trees), and I got a nasty euc removal on the same day, ( will try to get pics), and I got a crew going to a golf course for removals.
I wish I had another me,,:dizzy:
It was a beautiful week! Very productive, and no lost hitch pins!
Jeff

I still can't walk without a cane but the intense pain is gone. Wife is insisting I go to the Doctors, I still want to wait. I am a few dollars ahead for the first time in ages, The thought of giving it all to the doctors and then some hurts more then the knee. If it was making sucking noises Ied of gone all ready, but I think I may of bruised the hell out of it. Its a little swollen today but Iv seen it a lot worse, but you can see the bruiseing.
Last time I went to the doctors to have a date palm spike removed from my forearm, it cost me 1800.00 bucks. Ied of had that ground men pull a little harder with those needle nose pliers if I had known
I hate to think Im cheap, but I once pulled my own tooth 10 min. before the dental appaintment my wife made for me.using vise gripes. Almost fainted right in the bathroom mirror it hurt so bad.

Wade, you must have a hole, right? Where?,, no joke, could be serious. I know what you mean about the concern's of the cost, I am the same way. You are just up the road from me and I know there are clinic's that are free or they base it on what you can pay. Although, you know this and I probably sound like I am nagging you, but if you can't walk? IDK.
Take care, Jeff:msp_wink:

If itgets to bad and infected, at least you have a chainsaw to what the leg off. It would say you a lot of money pruning it off yourself.

I have been real busy, about three weeks back. I have been doing alot of bidding and sometimes get real sick of dealing with people. I think I will be ready for my vacation in a month, going to sturgis. The wife and I are going out for a ribeye dinner tonight and I think I might have a couple glasses of wine.

I have been real busy, about three weeks back. I have been doing alot of bidding and sometimes get real sick of dealing with people. I think I will be ready for my vacation in a month, going to sturgis. The wife and I are going out for a ribeye dinner tonight and I think I might have a couple glasses of wine.

Just because your all hammered the #### up doesn't mean your gonna get #### the wine is for them ! :dizzy: I spent this weeks lunch money on mine last nite !

Today while removing mistletoe from a Oak, I was cutting a 2in dead limb with my silky putting a lot of downward pressure on the saw when it went throu the limb and hit my knee like a machete. I was way out on a long branch over the house, with a high tip up in the tree. It hurt so bad I almost got sick.
After a few min. I shucked it off and finished the tree. Came down and helped with the clean up, limping more and more as I made trips to the chipper up the steep driveway.
I rode up the hill with another climber so I didn't have to drive home. By the time I got dropped off I couldn't put any weight at all on it.
I just took a half of a vicadon. Never took a pain med in my life beside over the counter stuff. It doesn't look bad, not swollen just a few scabs where the saws teeth went in. but the pain is awful. I had a full day of work tomorrow I was hoping it would get better,but its getting worse it seems.
I keep hoping it'll feel better tomorrow. I don't have insurance so a trip to the doctors is only a worse case option.
Hoping maybe its just bruised real good.(that it is I can see the bruising)and it'll fix it self. I have a ton of work right now. Couldn't of happened at a worse time.
Enough crying, will see what tomorrow brings....

Just make sure you paint the cuts with TREEKOTE, don't want you getting Oak Wilt on us.

Three hours of pure torture
9a2abyhe.jpg
mu6uvy9e.jpg

Anyone here do parades or other community outreach stuff? Our bank sponsered a parade in their small town yesterday and asked us to put a truck in it. Kinda gay and I lost a half days work polishing up the truck but it was a pretty good time. Just wondering if the bystanders see it for what it is (shameless self promotion) or if they're just happy to see a big truck and get some free candy.
View attachment 301527
View attachment 301528
View attachment 301529

Anyone here do parades or other community outreach stuff? Our bank sponsered a parade in their small town yesterday and asked us to put a truck in it. Kinda gay and I lost a half days work polishing up the truck but it was a pretty good time. Just wondering if the bystanders see it for what it is (shameless self promotion) or if they're just happy to see a big truck and get some free candy.
View attachment 301527
View attachment 301528
View attachment 301529

I don't think the "big truck" even came into play. You were just a dude with some free candy. You could have been riding a jackass for all they cared.

View attachment 301527
View attachment 301528
View attachment 301529
My town has one coming up in July. They encourage all the businesses to be in the parade. For a little town it's pretty impressive. I'll be in with this. Probably put my grandson in the basket and lift it up 5 degrees or so.
View attachment 301543View attachment 301544

View attachment 301527
View attachment 301528
View attachment 301529

Everything that puts your name in front of the public IS shameless self promotion! You are in business! I do not hide it, I promote it! Donating a carbide rescue saw to the local fire dept. never hurts either!

It is going to be a busy week for me.
I have a euc in La Jolla to remove between two units. No crane access. I will try to get some pics of the job, but here are the before pics.
Jeff :msp_biggrin:
View attachment 301523View attachment 301524View attachment 301525

Good thing is you have some good limbs to lower everything down with, and their not spread out to far. Bad thing is thats some slippery, heavy wood. Vertical zipline might make getting the trunk down a little faster. Can't tell how close the units are to it.
Any underground utility to worry about? Chunks of that tree will be like bunker busters.

View attachment 301527
View attachment 301528
View attachment 301529

I think that's cool. I'd do it if I were asked!

Back