whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a little but when the kids are in my omas house I am worried its gonna look like a tornado went through. You put everything up and then double check and what does the butt head do. He comes around the corner with a night light.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Up to Minneapolis and back in 11 hours. Record time. No wife, no F-I-L. Just me and my middle on the way up, no stopping to pee every 30 or sit down lunches. Eyes on the road and my hand up on da wheel. My purple power cleaner was frozen when I sharpened chains, usually I soak them down pretty good. So I grabbed some PB Blaster, WOW!, dey sooo purty.

Two years ago I hired two extra guys one of them climbed and ran the bucket the other was a ground guy. I went from me and two guys to me and four guys and was out selling work all the time to keep us busy. I was doing alot of work but the extra stress about killed me, it was not worth it. I let three guys go in august and started cutting back on the work so its me and my main ground guy thats been with me for seven years and my dad started working with me. I love my equipment and wouldnt do this work without it. I guess its like anything else it has its ups and downs.
I like being small, get to be more picky on the jobs I want.

ejaqa6eq.jpg

Parking lot job. 20 mahogany trees. Chilling in my deathtrap

sent using logic and reason from a device forged of witchcraft.

I had a full day planned until I went to put the outriggers up on the bucket and one wouldnt go up. I kinda knew it was in the switch, so take the cover off and a wire was broke off from corrosion. I screwed around with it for 15min and finally was able to jump the switch with a screwdriver and get it up. All the switches were pretty bad so decided to call it a day and take it to the shop. My fingers were froze anyways, it was 15 out with 25mph winds.

I talked to treeman75 about the saws this morning told him I would run both to check them out ........... Well after 2 hours in wood pile , I made a birdhouse for my daughter , she's 13 today and she is uber excited about it . First thing I ever made LOL !
etejuryd.jpg
ma6a8ejy.jpg
I cut the thing outta sassafras and after I carved it cut out the hole and made a few perches I burnt it with a torch , friggan thing is heavy as hell

You could sell that down here for a couple hundred.

Dude, the freaking yuppies and tourists love spending money on "folk art". I've seen a dude sell an oak stick with a bit of fishing line attached to an emptied coconut to form a stringed instrument for $85

Got a belly full of honey ready for hibernation. We ate so much I can go along while without, love finding bees. Home owner tipped us good too.

Sent from my LG-US780 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387508127324.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387508127324.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 39
  • uploadfromtaptalk1387508168421.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387508168421.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 39
  • uploadfromtaptalk1387508210932.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387508210932.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 38
  • uploadfromtaptalk1387508251154.jpg