whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8eruby5y.jpg

So, I'm trimming a calusia "hedge" and my orders are to get it off the sidewalk.... good thing I didn't just cut all willy-nilly or their hedge would be gone, LOL.

It's hard to see, but that loop has 90% of the leaves on it. Grows from the fat bit and ends at the stick below it growing toward the camera
Oh, the loop goes almost a foot over the sidewalk.
sent using logic and reason from a device forged of witchcraft.
Now that looks like a weed. I would make a single pruning cut at ground level

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Now that looks like a weed. I would make a single pruning cut at ground level

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
I explained to them that it's the wrong clusia for that use. There's two commonly used kinds, one stays a bush and that one is a small tree.
Others grow as vine and some grow like strangler figs

Rosea (what they have)
y2aqu3et.jpg

Guittifera (What they need)
9edu9e4y.jpg

I got a call from one of the companies I work for that a cat was in pairiail. I cleaned up the mess I had going deadwooding a mostly dead walnut and drove out to see what up. The cat had been up there two days. The little girl keep saying "my kitten", so I assumed it was. I throw a line up into this tangled ugly lepo pine. No branches for 50 feet, then a more or less flat tangled thick top. I could here the cat crying. When I finally get a look at it, it's a great big tom cat. He heads out to the end of a branch and is perched there like he's ready to jump. The pine is so thick I can't climb out to him on the branch so I have to come up underneath the branch. I lower my self, and tarzan it out to the cat.
I get close and snatch him behind the neck, then with him trying to kill me I slowly lower my self down to the ground and hand him to the little girl. They videoed it but I haven't recieved it yet. I like doing pet rescues. I got a pet possum down a few months ago for a lady. What else would Beastmaster do.341.JPG

Well, was going to go out. But the freezing rain kept me in. So I watched First 48 all day, then realized I was watching A&E and felt that I was letting Phil down. So then I watched Lockup on MSNBC, then felt I was letting everyone else down, so then I just turned it to Fox News and let it roll. Guess what the story of the day was,lol. I bet that I could recite the Robertson's response at will. Going to try and go again today. Hope the roads are clear. Literally a skating rink out there yesterday. Boys where not allowed to take any car, so they had a pissed off boring Friday night.

Getting everything ready to head north this afternoon, really hope the forecasts are wrong 0.5-1" of of ice would be devastating.
Really hope it's just rain and the boys all get a paid sightseeing trip and are home before Xmas

Woke up late for work to a broken phone courtesy of the cats.
Luckily my nerd powers saved me! Screen is completely shattered and unresponsive. So, how am I typing? I shall share the geek tip that saved me.

All lg android phones have a program on them called "lg On Screen Phone". This lets you connect your phone via Bluetooth, WiFi, or usb cable. When I first get my phone home I immediately set it up to automatically connect to my pc so I have complete use of my phone in case something like this happens.
It takes ten minutes to set up the first time and has saved me twice already.

Skip to 23:00 to see how to get it set up, this video is for an old phone I just sold But the steps and program are the same, just update the osp program on your computer after install.

1. This lady calls me this morning and says she guesses she wants to cancel her job. This is a job we started yesterday and couldn't finish today because of the rain. I told her you can't cancel the job because it's over 80% finished. She comes back with "Well, I don't know how all that works but just go ahead and cancel it." I told her to read that contract she signed and she should get an idea how all this works.

I'm going to go finish this english walnut tree I started. Its right on the property line, but 80% of it is over the neighbors front yard. The trees been topped in the past and is full of rot, it has conks growing 6 feet up the trunk. The 70 something lady that owns the tree loves it. her mother planted it when she was a girl. That reason alone I am trying to get a few more years out of it for her. She told me the neighbors love the tree. I talk to the neighbor, she hates the tree.
I hit the tree on their side pretty hard to mitigate any chance of it breaking, removed dead and rotting branches, and one whole limb, to take off any more would be way to much and destroy any balance the tree has left. The neighbors want me to remove two major leaders on their side. They didn't hire me as I pointed out to them, but they're going to talk to the old lady.
I won't do it. I'd rather remove it then mangle it more. I'm not clear on the law, though I know they can trim their side, I'm not sure they can harm the tree in a way that would kill it.
Going to be an interesting day.

[quote="beastmaster, post: 4605149, member: 11550"
I won't do it. I'd rather remove it then mangle it more. I'm not clear on the law, though I know they can trim their side, I'm not sure they can harm the tree in a way that would kill it.
Going to be an interesting day.[/quote]
Generally, they can take anything over their line, up to the horizon. Unless, it is detrimental to the over all health of the tree. If they do...........do it, and the tree dies as a result, they can be held responsible for the cost of replacement or 3 times the cost of the tree. I know there are small tweaks here and there, but everything I have read about this subject has all been pretty much the same. I think in Cali, it is even more stringent. Up, kinda close to u. In Fallbrook or Temecula, My Jr Sales Arborist at big green (whom I set up to take over the territory after I left and is, from what I understand, rocking it, like I new he could) had a deal where he was the consulting Arborist in a case like that. Owner loved them, neighbor hated them. If I remember right, the party who removed a few trees with out permission, paid dearly. The trees where there before the houses, but to replace them with a few 48" box podocarpus , they had to remove a 6ft block wall and use a crane to get them in from the street. Cant remember the exact figures, but think it was around 40g's! I may have the details wrong, but know it was up there, may have been more. Not sure if they got the job, but know we billed like 4-5gs for the total consultation. Took a lot of time for him to get to the bottom of it all. The HO didn't care, didn't care about the cost of the replacement even if he lost. He wanted to smash the company that did it. Felt bad for whoever it was, as they where hired by the neighbor and thought that they where on his property when they did it. Neighbor new better, but had them do it anyways and of course didn't step up and do the right thing. The HO couldn't go against the neighbor for some reason, think that is was maybe a cash deal, so all the hate and discontent was aimed at the tree service. Again, may not have all the exact facts right, but close enough, it was really bad. It was during my departure prep time, so I had bigger things on my mind at the time.
I will not do this work anymore. Have seen it go bad too many times. If the owner of the tree is cool, then so be it, but if they have the slightest doubt, I pass. I always make both parties sign at the same time, so that way I know they are on good terms. I have seen this issue rip a "good neighbor" relationship to threads and no matter what part you played, one hates you and one loves you.

I am completely broke but all my shopping is complete , I haven't touched a tree in 2 weeks . But I am enjoying the time of complete and utter jerking off . I am helping my other pud pulling amigos work on there jobs , complete mindless **** today I am running a leave vac . I am not even getting paid for it ! Just doing it to help a brother out . He's gonna help me this coming Friday on a Craner over a pizzeria . HMMMMMMMM pizza !

I my sold junk chipper to an old head over in PA one of the coolest tree guys I've ever met just pure and simple fun dude , he's got awesome toys , chevelles vets and a bike that I want. , he was super stokes with the purchase he's resurrecting a WC17 for a guy with the engine . Man lately I've just emptied my mind of so much stress that I am enjoying Xmas yesterday I stayed in my Jammie's and wrapped presents with the old lady afterwards I unwrapped her !

Latest posts

Back