whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today i checked some sites for ice and salted as needed. Then we went to the gun range, had the hole place to our selves. This is a members only range so there is no check in and no one to watch you, just go and do your thing. Went through about 300 2.23 and 200 9mm between the 3 of us. Thats me with my Windham m4. I am not not as fat as i look, pockets are full of spent shells and at 20 deg i have a lot on. And still cold. I hate winter

Attachments

• 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 42
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 37
Today i checked some sites for ice and salted as needed. Then we went to the gun range, had the hole place to our selves. This is a members only range so there is no check in and no one to watch you, just go and do your thing. Went through about 300 2.23 and 200 9mm between the 3 of us. Thats me with my Windham m4. I am not not as fat as i look, pockets are full of spent shells and at 20 deg i have a lot on. And still cold. I hate winter
Jesus man is that airfield , I am a ember as well

Nothing wrong with practicing what ya preach Edddie. Not enough people are passionate anymore. But yeah, maybe not scare the client,LOL! The older I get, the more I hate hackers, I know I will never change it, but it still burns me when I hear about this ****. Dude no showed today, think he may have driven by in this white POS chevy truck and decided to not do it because we where right there. I have no problem correcting them. Some don't like it, some appreciate it. I have had success with converting some over.

So I thought it would be a easy day, of course the weather man missed it again. It was gusting up to 50 mph. I was not that high, right above the roof lines, so I was getting the full monty. I was taking out these little 10"-12" cherry's that where about 60ft, but I could set a line and bomb the top out. 3 trees, 1 in the middle stayed, so I tied into it. Was trying to slam the gaffs in, but it was dead and super hard. Felt like they where bouncing off, finally get to a position that I could let go of both hands and be stable. The I would get punched in the back by a huge gust, pulling the one tree that I had my TIP in one way , then the other tree that I was working on, another way. Screwing my balance all up. One time the wind actually pulled me out of position. Would reset, and think I was hardened against another gust, then it would hit again........from a different direction. FML. Had a small LZ and a very nice birch right next to it that I was worried I would get into if I didn't time it right with the wind. Cut and repeat all over again. Sore as hell from leg locking and bracing myself. What a freakin day! So ready for summer.

Did have a good deal with the boy this am on the oak I took a leader off of. Perfect set up to make big cuts, as long as he let it run all the way down. Real close to the house and the back swing, if allowed, would have surely hit the house. He did it perfect every time.

Took the trailer to get some pallets of salt, ALL OUT! Said they probably won't get any more this winter. ****! I would guess this place sells a few million pounds/winter and they got cut off. Had to buy ice melt instead at about 60% more. That was with limestone in it for traction, the regular ice melt is more than double the salt. Wish I would have pulled the trigger on the tractor trailer load last week.....Going to go get some more early next week before they run out of this stuff too.

... and next thing anybody knows the HO is shooting his tree man with a pellet pistol.

I can pretty much guarantee if that happened to me, someone would be going to jail.
It would most likely be the tree man, 'cause the guy with the BB gun would be going to the hospital.:chainsaw:

Took the trailer to get some pallets of salt, ALL OUT! Said they probably won't get any more this winter. ****! I would guess this place sells a few million pounds/winter and they got cut off. Had to buy ice melt instead at about 60% more. That was with limestone in it for traction, the regular ice melt is more than double the salt. Wish I would have pulled the trigger on the tractor trailer load last week.....Going to go get some more early next week before they run out of this stuff too.

The salt mines don't change their production rate when demand goes up. All the companies that rely on the mines to make some other icemelt product run out and cannot make any more. The calcium chloride is a manufactured product, and it does not seem to be affected by any shortages at the salt mine.

I couldn't buy any salt for the last month; I'm supposed to get around 30 tons next week.

We had 2 huge Maples today one was in the backyard 1/2 over the house with a deck built around it and no landing zone at all. We did the front one first all except the 2 main leaders because we gotta use that tree in the front to put a block in because everything on the tree in the back we gotta swing about 25 feet out over the privacy fence to the front yard before we can lower it. FML. So we gotta go back tomorrow and take the rest of the one in the front down. -35 windchill today and tomorrow :/

Sent from my Autotune Carb

All kinds of rock salt around here. If you don't mind running for it or if you truly are getting a tractor trailer load (18 skids) they would probably deliver it to you. The place is called coops salt company. I often use extra course water softener salt. It it super clean and I can get it in 80# bags

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

All kinds of rock salt around here. If you don't mind running for it or if you truly are getting a tractor trailer load (18 skids) they would probably deliver it to you. The place is called coops salt company. I often use extra course water softener salt. It it super clean and I can get it in 80# bags

The place I was getting it (hour away) had very nice uniform colored pellets. I haven't checked on regular bagged salt yet, what I used to get always clumped and froze together easier. Might have to give them a call Monday if I can't find anything around here.

I can pretty much guarantee if that happened to me, someone would be going to jail.
It would most likely be the tree man, 'cause the guy with the BB gun would be going to the hospital.:chainsaw:

Yeah. I'm not 100% sure just how I would have completely managed that situation. The best I remember the shooter did get in at least some trouble over that deal.

I thought that's why they have trigger locks on saws, so you can locker wide open and toss the saw outta the tree at whoever whatever you so choose.

Where is he ?! I could get him loads aswell I just need to know where he is .

Back