whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
85% is pretty good, given how many of the questions are trick questions. It works like this (at least in Missouri): they throw in enough tricky asinine questions that you must know 100% of the simple answers in order to pass.

My favorite is where they ask you to calculate the volume of a conical tree...like that had anything to do with how to spray one! I have looked all over, and I have never found any spray application that uses any calculation of the volume of a tree for any dosage or treatment related application. Another one is about roundworms, and references their phylum; they actually expect you to write down the incorrect answer in order to get that one scored properly.

I haven't ever taken any CEU's, nor any review courses. I just take the test every three years, since 1984.
  1. The CEU's cost lots of money, the test is $45.00
  2. I can take the test and be done in 4 hours, including drive time; the refresher courses take two days.
  3. The test really hasn't changed that much over the years; I know most of the questions by memory.
I have taken the test so many times, the examiners have even greeted me by my first name when I walk in the door.:laugh:

I will not worry about the CEUs either.....just take the re-take the test.....most of it is common sense and yes, there are the few trick questions to get you guessing....I figured there is no way I would miss 20 of the 80 questions.....lot of math questions and math is one of my strong points.....however...I can get CEUs for my CA license and my pesticide now so it may not be a big deal. It seems as if they just want you to go through the process to make sure you are serious. I did like going to Purdue to take the course and test in late summer.

I just buy programs off pested.com and take them in the winter on my slow time. Cost me around $300 but I do all my credits in 3 days

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

It's the same amount of hours as if you went to the classes. I would rather sit at home and do them them pay almost the same and have to drive all over creation. Plus around here most of the classes are in the summer when I would rather be working and making $

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/hvo/4297884533.html looks like new, probably need a adapter plate tho
I just bought the same thing in CT two days ago for my dingo. I don't know what machine you intend on using it on, but I was under the impression that all minis/bobcat 4 series loaders will accept the plate. The one I bought actually came with a larger bobcat plate so I can use in on my full size machine too.

It's the same amount of hours as if you went to the classes. I would rather sit at home and do them them pay almost the same and have to drive all over creation. Plus around here most of the classes are in the summer when I would rather be working and making $

So true. If I was going to take any classes, I would certainly prefer to do them at my pace and without all the driving around.

The problem I have with most licensing classes is that they are geared towards helping out the slowest participants, so as to leave no one behind. The courses are generally filled with folks who do not have a license anyway, so it is all new information to them.

After too much of hearing the same the same thing described about 4 different ways in a row, metering out information at a snails pace, I start to go to sleep. Staying alert for the occasional tidbit of new information becomes torment, and I deeply regret being present.

Welded wearing on my stump grinder wheel today with hard facing mig wire. Ran it, no vibrations that I can see. Should help with the wearing problem. The first picture is what the new pockets looked like after only 50 hrs. uploadfromtaptalk1390679878778.jpguploadfromtaptalk1390679899461.jpg

Welded wearing on my stump grinder wheel today with hard facing mig wire. Ran it, no vibrations that I can see. Should help with the wearing problem. The first picture is what the new pockets looked like after only 50 hrs.

Shucks. If you ever break all the teeth off, you can probably finish with just the rough welds on that wheel. :laugh:

All the new wheels from carlton have it done. That is where I got the idea from.

I noticed on the 4012 machine we bought from Carlton the wheel is wearing faster than I think it should. It is the sandvik optional wheel. It does have some hard surface factory welding on it.

That's the problem with stump grinders, High Maintenance. And everything on them is expense as hell.
I have had three machines and the last two were really awesome (RG50 / SC852). I don't feel like they are high maintenance.....have been workhorses for me and money makers....just my opinion.

I have had three machines and the last two were really awesome (RG50 / SC852). I don't feel like they are high maintenance.....have been workhorses for me and money makers....just my opinion.
I won't say they are money pits, but when something breaks you better dig deep into your piggy bank.

I have a guy with a 50K grinder and his in in the shop quite frequently. I do not know what his ROI is to date, but I have a feeling it isn't too much judging by his pricing. Fact is, they are expensive to operate, and you just cannot get good money to work them as a standalone stump guy. I have a bucket, a dingo, a bobcat, a chipper, a chip truck, a ton of saws and related tree gear, and my next purchase is going to be a crane. I think I will pretty much own everything else there is that is tree related before I buy a grinder. At least until my stump guy is no longer available....

Latest posts

Back