whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Score 1 for the good guys. Yesterday, me and the boy where running back home after dropping off some firewood. We drive by this gagglephuck tree removal. I look and it is the ********** in that video from around here, then one where he drops the tree in the neighbors yard and tears everything up. Well it looks like he got busted. I think, but not sure, his bucket truck broke, with the boom up, next to HV. He is out with the HO and it looks like the HO is pissed. Then the cops come rolling up. The tree guy,as soon as he sees the cop pull up, jumps in his chevy truck and bails. Leaves everything there and gets the hell outa there! Here are some pics for your viewing pleasure. And the vid to refresh your memories.

View attachment 331272 View attachment 331273 View attachment 331274 View attachment 331275

Doesn't it suck to think we have to "compete" with such outfits/hacks. Everyone has somebody like that running around causing bad PR for tree guys. We are just grouped together as a whole by some people and it really pisses me off. Educating the client can be a pain, but the ones that understand it are the ones I want as a client. I really believe in trying to find customers that care more about just price. Fighting with guys to be the lowest priced will be a dead end in the long run.

Got the new axle for my truck yesterday. Almost $400 and then another $200 for synthetic gear oil for the rear end. Mine is pretty black. They said it's not supposed to be dark.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Score 1 for the good guys. Yesterday, me and the boy where running back home after dropping off some firewood. We drive by this gagglephuck tree removal. I look and it is the ********** in that video from around here, then one where he drops the tree in the neighbors yard and tears everything up. Well it looks like he got busted. I think, but not sure, his bucket truck broke, with the boom up, next to HV. He is out with the HO and it looks like the HO is pissed. Then the cops come rolling up. The tree guy,as soon as he sees the cop pull up, jumps in his chevy truck and bails. Leaves everything there and gets the hell outa there! Here are some pics for your viewing pleasure. And the vid to refresh your memories.

View attachment 331272 View attachment 331273 View attachment 331274 View attachment 331275

I love that video , with that old hag squawking at them , Winston .... Winston my mom isn't happy Winston , I am calling the cops ! At that point I woulda adjusting my notch and if I am gonna smash landscape then she's gonna get a good shot of that top !

1. Doesn't it suck to think we have to "compete" with such outfits/hacks. Everyone has somebody like that running around causing bad PR for tree guys.
It sucks big time but the problem is there are more and more of these morons around. We have a new outfit around my neck of the woods that I just found out about last week. I spotted them in an old POS cable TV truck trying to do a little take down. Their do it yourself sign on the truck read "Last Chance Tree Service." Those jokers looked like they were on their last chance. They were some dirty, greasy, ignorant looking dudes to say the least. I called a landscape buddy of mine that makes it his business to know everything and asked him where did that bunch come from. He said "Oh yeah, they showed up around here back about November. They have already dropped a big dead cottonwood on a guy's house and demolished it. Just F'in demolished it. You didn't know about it?"

It sucks big time but the problem is there are more and more of these morons around. We have a new outfit around my neck of the woods that I just found out about last week. I spotted them in an old POS cable TV truck trying to do a little take down. Their do it yourself sign on the truck read "Last Chance Tree Service." Those jokers looked like they were on their last chance. They were some dirty, greasy, ignorant looking dudes to say the least. I called a landscape buddy of mine that makes it his business to know everything and asked him where did that bunch come from. He said "Oh yeah, they showed up around here back about November. They have already dropped a big dead cottonwood on a guy's house and demolished it. Just F'in demolished it. You didn't know about it?"
I'm not a fan of regulations but something needs to be done about **** like this. I think if you want to run a tree service you should be required to be certified. Hacks that get caught should have their equipment confiscated .

I'm not a fan of regulations but something needs to be done about **** like this. I think if you want to run a tree service you should be required to be certified. Hacks that get caught should have their equipment confiscated .

Right. At least take their beer and make sure its properly disposed of!!

Working on west island today doing some light pruning and put a cable in an old Catalpa tree,I don't now which tree is worse for a big guy like myself to climb aCatalpa or a Sassafras,they some brittle trees. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391274869.041933.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1391274899.418375.jpginteresting fact about this place, after JFK assassination his wife and kids came here to hide out for a whileImageUploadedByTapatalk1391275037.894508.jpg

Working on west island today doing some light pruning and put a cable in an old Catalpa tree,I don't now which tree is worse for a big guy like myself to climb aCatalpa or a Sassafras,they some brittle trees. View attachment 331524View attachment 331525interesting fact about this place, after JFK assassination his wife and kids came here to hide out for a whileView attachment 331526
They hid In the trees ? BTW I'm not certified that's just the hack in me talking

Back