whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice looking unit ! Congrats. I'm going tomorrow to look at a rear mount national. It's an older unit 17 ton with 95' of boom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This one is on a 92 chassis L8000 with interlock axels, newer cat motor with 34K miles. New hydraulic pump. Boom is a 25T 96. With 92 main, and an additional 28-52 of jib. Its in really nice shape.

This one is on a 92 chassis L8000 with interlock axels, newer cat motor with 34K miles. New hydraulic pump. Boom is a 25T 96. With 92 main, and an additional 28-52 of jib. Its in really nice shape.

You can be horizontal at full extension and raise up without retracting. I guess that's supposed to be impressive on an older unit crane.

Thurs and fri job continued.

Attachments

• 1618473_670688809636437_62900472_n.jpg
    1618473_670688809636437_62900472_n.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 36
  • 1798779_670689016303083_1770753131_n.jpg
    1798779_670689016303083_1770753131_n.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 1724022_670689206303064_418322957_n.jpg
    1724022_670689206303064_418322957_n.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 30
Must've been tired after that one. Gotta have a good rope man on those tight squeezes

Character is who you are when no one is looking

It went flawlessly, and right on schedule. There was some hairy parts getting the trunk down, but all in all it was a good job. Ill see if I can figure out how to post a vid from my FB page.

Would've been nice to use the crane on that one eh

Character is who you are when no one is looking

This job was in Cambridge on the Harvard campus directly on Memorial Drive. Between police details, and the cost of a crane big enough it would have probably added 50% more to the cost of the job. As it was I charged 3800 + a sidewalk occupancy permit for my chip truck.

This job was in Cambridge on the Harvard campus directly on Memorial Drive. Between police details, and the cost of a crane big enough it would have probably added 50% more to the cost of the job. As it was I charged 3800 + a sidewalk occupancy permit for my chip truck.

Say whaaaat? How much did you have to pay to park your truck and chipper for two days? Over 4k? That's nuts man

Say whaaaat? How much did you have to pay to park your truck and chipper for two days? Over 4k? That's nuts man

No No. I charged $3800 for my fee. The parking permit and running around time came to $200, which the client is responsible for. All together the removal cost him $4000. Tree work in the city is fahkin expensive man.

More Balls than the little bucket ehh !!:) That truck looks great, I know it will work out great for you.

I love that bucket Chris, I really do. I would love it to have a few more ponies under the hood, but she's a great truck. If things go smooth this winter, I'd like to give them all a fresh paint job. That crane will look the cats ass with a new coat on her and fresh decals.

You can be horizontal at full extension and raise up without retracting. I guess that's supposed to be impressive on an older unit crane.

I think what that means is that if you overload the crane a little bit, is isn't going to come cascading to the ground even after the load has reached the ground. Maybe you will be able to pick loads off the ground at the limit of the crane. Pick it up a little...it it tips, then just back off because it won't work. Do that with the wrong crane and you might go for an expensive ride.

The crane operator I hire occasionally told me that if he tips his full extension out a bit too far, he will flip the crane, even if it has no load at all.

No No. I charged $3800 for my fee. The parking permit and running around time came to $200, which the client is responsible for. All together the removal cost him $4000. Tree work in the city is fahkin expensive man.

As well it should be. I wandered into Boston one time on a road-vacation. I got trapped downtown, couldn't go anywhere. No parking at all, nothing but a traffic congested mess.

I got out as soon as I could. I cannot imagine how unprofitable it would be to drive a heavy truck around in that mess. You would lose anything resembling normal profits just trying to get to the job and back.

As well it should be. I wandered into Boston one time on a road-vacation. I got trapped downtown, couldn't go anywhere. No parking at all, nothing but a traffic congested mess.

I got out as soon as I could. I cannot imagine how unprofitable it would be to drive a heavy truck around in that mess. You would lose anything resembling normal profits just trying to get to the job and back.

it can be trying at times, you have to know when to travel and when not to. Also, the city is full of no truck roads too. The "reward" for doing so is usually solid money on tree work though. I only have a cpl competitors on the difficult jobs like the one pictured above, and I am always able to comfortably underbid them. For instance, we did a very similar job like the one I showed pictures above on two alanthias in the back bay. My direct competitor was at 3K for one of the two in the back. I took two down in two days for 4K. If the tree has to go, you can pretty much charge whatever you want within reason, and you will get the job.

Latest posts

Back