whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
saw my kids in VA, they rock......:cheers:

attachment.php

Dan thats a sweet crane! wish i had some rep for ya the dead stick lift on that thing must be like 6 ounces!

Took down a rotten azz shagbark today that was really really sketch over a house and a service drop, you gotta love it when you have to kick 4 inches of dead **** bark off before you can hit something hard enough to set a spike every time you kick in your hooks

Just a friendly word to the wise BM....bullschitters are a dime a dozen on these forums and that is the last thing I would want to be considered if I were you. Once you are thought as BS'er you never lose that. I NEVER bullschit period.

You are slowly but surely working yourself into the self proclaimed expert on craners with only ONE year and possibly 4 or 5 crane jobs (I assume every crane job you do ends up on here) under your belt.

"Hone your game" a little more.....then start flapping it.

Never said I was an expert, TV and any board member on here with a clue knows that. Yeah, I post the majority of my craners, because I'm new to it and excited about it. And yes, I'm getting pretty good at it, but I have a long way to go and realize that. Don't know where you're getting this stuff from.

Started the big pine today. So far so good. In the morning I brushed out a black birch for one of the neighbors, and got a big hickory out of the way for another, pruned some branches on 2 small norways before I beat the heck out of 1 with the hickory. Got into the pine tree around 11:30, stripped 2/3rds of one lead, and got another one stripped and under 90' so that the crane can reach it. Got out of that at 3:30 and brushed out a DEAD ash tree for one neighbor. Figure tomorrow morning hit the pine hard, not counting the one lead that needs a few branches before I can blow out the top I have 3 leads to go.

Real pretty day today. Crystal clear blue skies, but dang cold. Got down to 32 last night and never got above 60 to day. Yeah, I know, let the jokes begin. I'll go get my man-suit.
Jeff :laugh:

must freeze yo ass off when ya gotta roll down the window to tell em what to do lol :hmm3grin2orange:

looked at a job taking down a rotten leaner pople overhanging a house in a swamp with power lines, tossed my throwline up around it and i could rock it about 8 feet side to side with no trouble about 40 feet up, its about 16" in diameter, bid it extremely high hopping i wouldnt get it and of course i did, i dont have access to a bucket or a lift, im open to suggestions?

its always good when there challengeing

looked at a job taking down a rotten leaner pople overhanging a house in a swamp with power lines, tossed my throwline up around it and i could rock it about 8 feet side to side with no trouble about 40 feet up, its about 16" in diameter, bid it extremely high hopping i wouldnt get it and of course i did, i dont have access to a bucket or a lift, im open to suggestions?

its always good when there challengeing

pictures.....

any chance of stringing a line between 2 other trees that pass above the leaner?

yes there is i will see if i can get some pics there are 2 trees about 150 feet apart that pass pretty close only problem is they also pass over the service drop and part of the transmission line, however this is the last house on a dead end road so i think i can get the power company to drop the lines for me maybei dont think im gonna be able to get much angle though if i string between the 2 other trees

yes there is i will see if i can get some pics there are 2 trees about 150 feet apart that pass pretty close only problem is they also pass over the service drop and part of the transmission line, however this is the last house on a dead end road so i think i can get the power company to drop the lines for me maybei dont think im gonna be able to get much angle though if i string between the 2 other trees

I have climbed off a ring rigged to be suspended between 2 trees and over a dangerous tree to climb. Cranked it real tight with a comalong. Obviously you gotta make sure everything is secure.

what did you use for a ring? did you spike the rotten tree or ascend just of the overhead line? what size rope did you use for the overhead safety line?

what did you use for a ring? did you spike the rotten tree or ascend just of the overhead line? what size rope did you use for the overhead safety line?

big steel ring I use for many things....spiked belayed... but now I would use my Wraptor...1/2 " double braid...scaffold knots on ring.

Let's see a pict to see if all this is feasable.

Reminds me of a job I did last week. A fifty foot alder, that had a perfect open face cut,probably eighty percent into the stem all done by a beaver. It was overhanging the boathouse and an amazing ski boat that was on a lift. The owner of this mansion was out of town so we couldn't move the boat.
I climbed a adjacent cottonwood and swung over to the alder. I had the gc hold the tail and then tie me off to the cleat on the dock. The beaver had chewed so deep, it felt like the action of the handsaw would cause the tree to fall. Got it down without damage but it could of gone either way
I would never climb a compromised or super dead tree, I always descend into it and don't underestimate the amount of time it will take to set up the high-line. Good luck.

we tied up a few loose ends from the holiday, tried grinding stumps, got to the sight, rain came from nowhere and dumped on us. Early day

2500poplar3005.jpg

I went and put a barbaric though servicable humbolt in this with a 44 and 2 foot bar. I had to string a rope across the street to tie it off to a tree because if something went wrong I don't think the the come a long rigged perpendicular to the rear hitch of my pick up would have done much good... unless you were shootin fer U tube. Thank God the UPS was not around.
It went where it was supposed to, put a hell a crater in the lawn and was one of the more louder ones. The rear horn shattered though it never hit the ground.
People came out with cookies and esspresso. I was able to cut and load all but the codom section and other various big ass random useless chunks but everything is off the lawn.

Its been buy two get one free with all those loads and its still all been local. I get some complaining how they want better logs rather than this poplar... yeah.

Latest posts

Back