whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I would have gotten a shorter wheel base I would have been able to get the monster tool boxes I have on it. I like to carry alot of gear so if I need something I have it with me. I just measured the truck. It is only 3 feet longer then my old truck so it should be fine.

If I would have gotten a shorter wheel base I would have been able to get the monster tool boxes I have on it. I like to carry alot of gear so if I need something I have it with me. I just measured the truck. It is only 3 feet longer then my old truck so it should be fine.
thats a beautiful truck , hope it serves you well. the builders could of easily mounted the second toolbox behind the rear axle, with the rear axle in a position to provide great maneuverability and proper axle loading when you load that baby up with wood or chips. remember you have the weight of the kb on the front end all the time also. the builder didn't have your best interests in mind when he set this up. (and you were relying on him for that-your a tree guy, you know you're job they should know there job)

thats a beautiful truck , hope it serves you well. the builders could of easily mounted the second toolbox behind the rear axle, with the rear axle in a position to provide great maneuverability and proper axle loading when you load that baby up with wood or chips. remember you have the weight of the kb on the front end all the time also. the builder didn't have your best interests in mind when he set this up. (and you were relying on him for that-your a tree guy, you know you're job they should know there job)
Well it's not a second toolbox. It is one tool box that is 9' long so there wasn't any other options but to put smaller tool boxes on the truck, which would have not let me carry all the equipment that I wanted too. The truck is fine. This cab was a box truck for many years with its current axle spacing.

bebury9u.jpg
he moved back the rear axle on this too . It must be his deal , but I will say that this Chevy was one of the most front heavy trucks I've ever owned that being said it also was one of the smoothest riding trucks ever .

My new truck rides like a dream. 70mph for 6 hrs home.
Yea wait until it's loaded and feel how it rides , you don't get that bumper pull lag with a the chipper hooked , they are really set like that for the ride , however I did bulldoze the front end into soft soil many times , but I shouldn't of had a 17,000 lb truck in the mud half of them

If it's to wet just gotta put down mats or wait. I have gotten my bucket stuck a few times and I don't chance it anymore.
It's more common sense .... Which admittedly I lack at times , so I blame myself for stuck equipment . Like the bucket that cost me a trans , mistake one not putting down mats , mistake two trying to fix mistake one with HP and 4x4 instead of calling bigger tow truck LOL , as my Grandmom said thems the breaks kid !

Here some pics of the tool boxes. These things are sweet.
203d3b048af32cf32d440cbe728bf364.jpg
d3f8d672ec4baf40d5a3c99cc97c6380.jpg
Just take some time man and make sure they are completely sealed , sometimes they leave punched out bolt holes for mounting open and when the rain kicks up off the wheels it gets soaked in there . I learned that with the read truck when all my dry snow plow gear including my lunch was floating in 2" of ice water ...

Just take some time man and make sure they are completely sealed , sometimes they leave punched out bolt holes for mounting open and when the rain kicks up off the wheels it gets soaked in there . I learned that with the read truck when all my dry snow plow gear including my lunch was floating in 2" of ice water ...
Yeah i was planing on checking the seals and caulking any open bolt holes. They said they made them water proof but guess we will see.

Back