whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday was take the kid to work day , basically all I got was the takes and shovels thrown haphazardly into the truck and a dead battery on my phone from him playing video games ..... Oh and a huge bite taken outta my sandwich ! Thanks Obama

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 34
Around here the newspeople have been trying to scare us about the wind so I was concerned and started laughing when the said 20 mph. Ha! 20 mph? What's that? A desk fan blowing me whilst I nap?

And listen, buddy, two words fer ya: next time buy a freaking hat with a chin strap!

That's what I call air conditioning in the tree.

Took my little girl out today for some mushroom hunting and 4x4ing in my Jeep today. Just put on some sweet new tires. For such a prim and proper little 11 (almost 12) yr old girl...she sure does love going through some mud. This may be a problem in the future.

Worked at a distillery yesterday. Derby ' s around the corner and can't have pick dead trees falling on people's heads during the tours.
8e4b41bc5f603ea693fde075da9d86b5.jpg
f9bdd7ef553cde28b85df57b7d6fee43.jpg
a3149760b04748abc666408b60b1be5b.jpg
5795b8273649f01b594c7e8216cac564.jpg
c34be2843571c47c67ba1cae5ce46160.jpg
4a1958134af2ec4f5b6023dbad88e40d.jpg

Terrible tongs came out. For the stump cut.
881527bff8536425acf31d01b54ce696.jpg

Finally got a/c and an automatic bucket truck... wtf have I been doing all these years... I've told myself I'll only turn it on once we're heading home...

Then I saw the co-opetition at the dump later that evening
91d4d7972661f9f1a9c3a395e1fb137a.jpg
8397f6a35c602b1702733bf92303f55f.jpg

We were both unloading solo.

I like your method of solo unloading better than his, hand bomb on and hand bomb off! I dont miss those days! The dead end of your hoist line looks pretty chewed above the socket. You should re-do it, cut it off and braze the end. There is a cable (crosby) clip you can get for the dead end that goes above the socket with 2 saddles on it so it bights on the dead end only and not the main hoist line.

I like your method of solo unloading better than his, hand bomb on and hand bomb off! I dont miss those days! The dead end of your hoist line looks pretty chewed above the socket. You should re-do it, cut it off and braze the end. There is a cable (crosby) clip you can get for the dead end that goes above the socket with 2 saddles on it so it bights on the dead end only and not the main hoist line.
cable is going in wrong side of becket causing sharp angle leading to cable failure. he will fix it when it breaks off. still using tongs for vertical lifts. all this has been mentioned before. does not care. another crane accident in the making. no big deal there are plenty of companies to fill the gap.

cable is going in wrong side of becket causing sharp angle leading to cable failure. he will fix it when it breaks off. still using tongs for vertical lifts. all this has been mentioned before. does not care. another crane accident in the making. no big deal there are plenty of companies to fill the gap.

Yep you are right! I missed that.

Around here the newspeople have been trying to scare us about the wind so I was concerned and started laughing when the said 20 mph. Ha! 20 mph? What's that? A desk fan blowing me whilst I nap?

And listen, buddy, two words fer ya: next time buy a freaking hat with a chin strap!
Your posts read like a Hunter S Thompson excerpt. Intriguing..

Back