whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Broke two fingers yesterday. Have this tree to do tomorrow. Trial by fire.
7e3e294454230120b2a56ed5f6007124.jpg
1083a2311362bcda6740fc27bac02640.jpg

I have an employee who is stepping up this year. I replaced his climbing line for him and got him studying for his cdl road test. He can climb, work the bucket, and rig just like I can. Just not as fast.
I'm still valuable even with one hand. Now wiping my ass with my off hand.... That's a different story.

I dislocated my right ring finger a couple of years ago. Didn't know I'd done it till I got on the ground and tried to pull my glove off. Finger was swollen up twice a big. Hurt for months, but only when it got tweaked sideways.

Untangled my LEWIS WINCH cable (150' of 3/16" d.) to remove about 40' and fasten new safety hooks. Photo shows the Lewis Winch tethered to a tree, a snatch block on the distant tree and my 12V two-ton winch on the GMC front end Hidden Hitch to pull the tightly tangled excess cable out of the spool until it would free wheel. For safety I hid behind the tree on left (foreground) in Case the cable snapped. A flying coil of cable can hurt big time if it should come loose or break. This operation took time but went real well, as planned.

After lunch a friend and his neighbor were coming by to look at my 2009 Tanaka 32CC x 14" limbing saw ECS3301 maybe to buy. So I got it ready to show with owner's manual but they never came. Turned out his neighbor decided to buy something for his motorcycle. Anticipating the sale I decided to buy the newer version Tanaka 32CC with 12" bar from Northern Tool for$299 plus S&H. No one had written a review on NT web site and mine had served me so well that I wrote a five-star review. The Tanaka has stood tall right beside my 2007 Stihl MS-200T through many long days of work. Back I the 1980's I lived in N. Florida and had a Tanaka 30CC air-cooled trolling motor mounted on a Coleman Scout pram that was an awesome unit.
After supper I ground a 40" white oak stump in our front yard using my Beeline SP-13 and got 'ER done in two hours. It sure was a good day and I hope your day went well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 24
did my Ariel rescue sadly Mr dummy was DOA as it took to long to get him down. In the scenario he had cut his arm then additionally dropped the limb on 12600 volt Swer wire thus was unconscious. I then, to my disbelief found out my phone contact for Power company emergency was wrong so i had to stand clear wait not risking myself,
So fyi all check and test that you have in your phone site safety paper work your local or work area power company emergency contact number if sumthin goes wrong tree vs power line and u need power off fast your not wasting about lookin the number up.

IMGP6288 - Copy.JPG

Putting a second floor on my house so I had to heavily cut back a few silver maples removed a few leads and a lot over other crap. Then, I figured well I might as well stop n hit the other two trees on my way down the drive, now I can hit the spruce so I'll do that too... made one Hella mess that really sucked to clean up by myself guess I shoulda brought a groundie along oh well too late now. On a positive note I now know for sure I have one tall ass silver maple had the tower 4 feet from the trunk on an elevated drive way so I'm 6 feet up 55' boom my 8' of reach 14' polesaw and still 20-25 feet of tree above. [emoji79]

Things are off to a really nice start this year. If it keeps up I might actually be able to call this a business. Still can't find any decent help though. Supposed to meet with a Spanish guy Monday afternoon. Says he's a climber, can do everything, etc. Really only looking for ground help (which he didn't sound to excited about), but we'll see. This should be interesting at any rate.

Copper Beech. I haven't measured it. Looks pretty big though. Lol. And yes, a lot of wood. It's only up the road less than a quarter mile from my shop is the good thing. Just not sure I want that much firewood though. Another good thing is I've got bucket access from two sides.. and no pavement to worry about breaking (new owner is enlarging the driveway, why tree is going. It worries him too), it's just a processed gravel driveway.

Copper Beech. I haven't measured it. Looks pretty big though. Lol. And yes, a lot of wood. It's only up the road less than a quarter mile from my shop is the good thing. Just not sure I want that much firewood though. Another good thing is I've got bucket access from two sides.. and no pavement to worry about breaking (new owner is enlarging the driveway, why tree is going. It worries him too), it's just a processed gravel driveway.
Murph it? Three cuts and go home?

Latest posts

Back