whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We took down this big monster with a 70 ton crane. The crane op mentioned several pics were 18,000 lbs. An 880 with a 47 in bar had to be used from the bucket.

Obviously the bucket is folded up so u couldn't reach but from the pic it looks like you could have hit the whole tree from it?? 18k of brush picks or trunk log? I think the pic is making it look small, seems I can never capture the Giants we do...

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

It was a beautiful day,
Yesterday was nice but it was windy,
I have one of my crew's downtown San Diego, (I hate downtown), but it was surely nice,
We, (not me), as a whole in so-cal are freaking about 'El Nino',
Sounds terrible!,, they say we could get a few inches of rain,
frenetico.gif
:crazy2:
Jeff

It was a beautiful day,
Yesterday was nice but it was windy,
I have one of my crew's downtown San Diego, (I hate downtown), but it was surely nice,
We, (not me), as a whole in so-cal are freaking about 'El Nino',
Sounds terrible!,, they say we could get a few inches of rain,
frenetico.gif
:crazy2:
Jeff
i hope you survive the downpour jeff. when these weather issues occur, sometimes the only way to get thru it is roll up your windows in the pickup and take off the sunglasses. i know its a sacrifice, but you will get thru it.

Cut this out from around the service entrance only a handful of branches on the whole tree but literally there was only one branch not going straight towards the wires any ways missed the wires missed the house missed the sewer clean out missed the neighbors dog tied up below me ....... And ended up with some walnut bandsaw fodder 12ft of log 11inches on the skinny end 14 on the fat end nice and straight only the top 2 ft has any knots this should be some sweet stuff if I cut it out and dry it without screwing it up ...... That's a big if lol uploadfromtaptalk1446931504815.jpg

Jesse

Did a quick side job with the bossman today, 24 poplar floppers. Had to set a rope in 23 of them to pull um. No clean up cut so one guy could pick up or drag
990198ec270336c98875944bf91a1721.jpg
f1b72eaf88d851b4220072b8052965ba.jpg
would hate to have to clean up that mess

Those are usually the ones I think I got away scott free and a week later I get the ....... How much clean this up for me

Jesse

Oh, please. It's a tree crane job. It's like lower than setting roof trusses on a crane guy's list of technical jobs. Lol. They just tolerate us ignorant barbarians $$.
tree work is much more technical than normal crane work where you know what pieces weigh and they start off from the ground.

Those are usually the ones I think I got away scott free and a week later I get the ....... How much clean this up for me

Jesse
I'd be more then happy to come back it's gonna cost ya though! I bid a job for 2300 bucks once didn't get it. then i get an email and some pics asking for a price to clean up n haul debris on the ground 2500 bucks, thank you, didn't get that either haha! plus i was like wtf why didn't u ask me fir, a price to just fill your yard with a tangled mess. Ida done that for like 300 bucks

I've only had one job this summer I dident clean up and actually dident clean up lol maybe a half dozen others I went back after they decided it wasent fun cutting brush 4ft or less and bundling it no more than 50lbs to wait for the lethargic garbage service to pick it up a month later because they have nowhere to put it.... The part i love is how It ends up costing them more but there happy as hell I still haven't figured out how that works ........ Love the thought of leaving the yard a tangled mess but...... I cringe at returning 3 weeks later after its been rained on and trampled down by a overzealous homeowner without a clue

Jesse

Did some trimming over at some office complex. Unfortunately the driver and a groundie that was part of my crew decided to grab a beer and drank while driving. I advised against it but it happened anyway. Reported it to my supervisor so there's gonna be an investigation in the incident.

Stupid s**t like this ruining an otherwise good day.

Back