whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took a bunch of extra hitch pins with me today.

Finished up a nice job and the lady wrote me a check and tipped me 50 bucks and gave me a bible and asked if I believed in god. I was like, " Uh, SURE!"

Noticed someone was doing burnouts on my tennis court, the tracks led away from my chipper. I think its the 20 year old son of the owner of the farm. I think he had a mind that he was going to use it, realized it was locked up then peeled out because he is a 20 year old kid with one of those turbo diesel trucks with the exhaust sticking out of the bed. These things are so big I could fit into one of them.

This kid is supposed to help me fell a white pine one of these days. I dunno. I kinda want to fell it so everything lands in open but its side heavy towards the house. Its not big, its full of vines though. If I climb it everything falls into a nasty spot. I could do it myself if I climbed it but it would suck. If I fell it I want one pull rope on a machine and another rope to hold it off the house as it comes over which will have to anchored to another machine. I don't think I want this hop-headed kid anywhere around me though I have never met him.

Met the husband of the owner of the farm the other day. He wanted me to chip some brush for one of his customers. I met the guy at his house so he can show me the job, we get in his Focus, the radio in blasting rap music, he is on the phone and we are tooling around West Chester in rush hour traffic trying to cross 202.

I feel bad because I am not getting much firewood split lately. I also feel bad because my penis isn't 10 inches long and 4 inches thick.

I'm feeling ya brother. I haven't gotten much firewood split lately either. :chop:

Ahh, one day I will get a cooler full of beer and get it done but ever since my buddy starting buying it wholesale and selling it retail I kinda feel like its not worth it for me. I mean you can't make a dime in this world without a middleman.

All I have is oak so you know I got to get it open.

One of mine called me today about cleaving his neighbor's mulberries off of his roof. It wasn't nasty, just 250 worth of smash and grab. I told him to make his ******** assed neighbors pay but he didn't want to make waves. A few years ago I charged 1600 (on him) to remove a mulberry that had taken over three row home properties. It was on his neighbor's side but again, he didn't want to make waves.

I removed the mulberry, by myself, you should have seen that! I'm a ****ing prancing prince of the dirty nasty. The neighbor ( the other neighbor) knew it was his responsibility. Of course he didn't want to say anything. I told my guy what to do but he didn't do it.

But today he finally told me I was right. Oh well, what can you do?

So today I wrote for just clearing my man's garage roof. He told me the other neighbor wanted a price for removing the tree. I knew the last thing that neighbor wanted was to hear from me and I certainly didn't want to hear from him.

****ing city jobs! I am just going to beat on a fenceline mulberry with my pole saw and get the **** out.

One of mine called me today about cleaving his neighbor's mulberries off of his roof. It wasn't nasty, just 250 worth of smash and grab. I told him to make his ******** assed neighbors pay but he didn't want to make waves. A few years ago I charged 1600 (on him) to remove a mulberry that had taken over three row home properties. It was on his neighbor's side but again, he didn't want to make waves.

I removed the mulberry, by myself, you should have seen that! I'm a ****ing prancing prince of the dirty nasty. The neighbor ( the other neighbor) knew it was his responsibility. Of course he didn't want to say anything. I told my guy what to do but he didn't do it.

But today he finally told me I was right. Oh well, what can you do?

So today I wrote for just clearing my man's garage roof. He told me the other neighbor wanted a price for removing the tree. I knew the last thing that neighbor wanted was to hear from me and I certainly didn't want to hear from him.

****ing city jobs! I am just going to beat on a fenceline mulberry with my pole saw and get the **** out.

So, you had a beautiful day!
Jeff :dancing:

Barely got to sleep and a 5am phone call woke me up. Someone wanting firewood to be delivered. Yup... at 5am. Now wide awake. Gonna be a great day on 45mins of sleep.

Got somehow talked into driving 40 minutes each way to give a quote in a low rent neighborhood...after 30 years when am I going to learn to stop wasting my time on those f'ing losers.

Ahh spring! Things are blooming, the weather is warm, the birds are chirping... WAIT! That ain't no damn birds, that's the ****ing U-joints in the rear driveshaft!

I swear I have been driving around thinking it was birds until I went through the bank drive- thru window and the sound echoed back at me from the wall. I only heard it when going real slow but today it really got nasty and downright embarrassing . I just got done putting a couple in and I think its OK now.

Back