whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a newer tractor with a claw-scoop now. I only use it as needed though (the grapple). It’s not the most practical thing for day to day use. When it does shine, its pretty awesome though. This is just a random pic or two from last year.
3FB8336C-453F-49E3-A553-A510778CEA7B.jpeg
And, of course, an ash log loaded with the trusty slip scoop. Lol.
B8703CA9-0843-41D8-97A7-65C0B0E3F50E.jpeg

So this ******* I just hired left me after two weeks. Says he got a construction job with benefits, but thanks and he enjoyed working with me. I liked the guy too. Back to the drawing board. At least I’ve still got my chubby Guatemalan (the only chubby Guatemalan, I’m pretty sure). Gonna have to go on a hiring rampage, see what I can drudge up. This is getting ridiculous. I waited two weeks for this loser to put his notice in at his other job too!! ****er,, I could’ve been looking elsewhere. Nice text to get Sunday afternoon at 3:00. Grr.

So this ******* I just hired left me after two weeks. Says he got a construction job with benefits, but thanks and he enjoyed working with me. I liked the guy too. Back to the drawing board. At least I’ve still got my chubby Guatemalan (the only chubby Guatemalan, I’m pretty sure). Gonna have to go on a hiring rampage, see what I can drudge up. This is getting ridiculous. I waited two weeks for this loser to put his notice in at his other job too!! ****er,, I could’ve been looking elsewhere. Nice text to get Sunday afternoon at 3:00. Grr.

He’ll be back when his new boss discovers he’s not the construction worker he claimed to be.

So I have to pull a “break in case of emergency” move tomorrow. He cylinder didn’t come in last Friday when it should have. If these ****ing goons lost it again I have to pay a guy to drive to Milwaukee and bring it back. I’m hitting a brick wall here.

Dude, I been thru probably 20 guys in last 2 years. It's like this everywhere. I could tell stories for hours. I can get a guy by the next day on clist so if the current guy don't work out I can have one by tomorrow. I got a guy for last 6 months tho and he climbs and another new guy that climbs but he has baggage. It is really hard to take. 2 guys ago a huge black guy almost killed me. He rode his Harley in so I said after work let's take a putt down to the river. He rode right up the back of me and I went tumbling thru an intersection at about 50 mph, em transport, hospital, road rash, stitches, concussion, the works. No insurance, no driver's license.

Yeah, I’ve been doing the same thing with CL. That’s what I did after I got the text, ran up to Walmart and picked up another burner phone and then placed the ad again on CL. So much nicer having all that BS contained to a separate line!!

That’s pretty scary about the biker dude. Sounds like you “wrangled” yourself a particularly brilliant one that time. Good ole CL!! Haha.

So I have to pull a “break in case of emergency” move tomorrow. He cylinder didn’t come in last Friday when it should have. If these ****ing goons lost it again I have to pay a guy to drive to Milwaukee and bring it back. I’m hitting a brick wall here.

My sympathies with that whole deal. Sounds very annoying and stressful.

Conn. to Milwaukee...on a work day...jeesh. As tho this schit isn't hard enough.

Another episode...this last winter I had a midget lesbian apply. Worried about a sexism charge I tried her out. She kicked ass. Carried logs on her shoulder...didn't dull the saws, dragged...did it all. She was about 4 feet 8 inches tall and had the tiniest fingers in the world. She had that huge butt you see in the Wizard of Oz. I was gonna keep going with it and then her "fiance" calls and tells her that her house burst a pipe in like zero degree weather...putting 7 feet of water in her basement. She had to evacuate and for a couple of days she lived with dad and her gf drove her car around all day. Then she just disappeared like her tiny little fingers disappeared into a pair of tiny little gloves....

I have a newer tractor with a claw-scoop now. I only use it as needed though (the grapple). It’s not the most practical thing for day to day use. When it does shine, its pretty awesome though. This is just a random pic or two from last year.
View attachment 650696
And, of course, an ash log loaded with the trusty slip scoop. Lol.
View attachment 650695
Scoop don't matter long as it saves that back.

uship.com

One of the 2 employees I have went on a tirade this morning, seemingly drug induced. 4 months and never even a shred of indication he could act this way. He was making payments on a saddle. I let him take it as mostly paid for but he tried to take a 120' piece of Velocity I had given to him a week ago and I grabbed it. I said if you pay for the saddle you can have it. Thought I was gonna have to dust off some of my ole Karate moves lol. He backed off and left with a bunch of threats. Other worker said he was going to a methadone clinic. I really had no idea.......arrrgh. :-( Back to the drawing board.

One of the 2 employees I have went on a tirade this morning, seemingly drug induced. 4 months and never even a shred of indication he could act this way. He was making payments on a saddle. I let him take it as mostly paid for but he tried to take a 120' piece of Velocity I had given to him a week ago and I grabbed it. I said if you pay for the saddle you can have it. Thought I was gonna have to dust off some of my ole Karate moves lol. He backed off and left with a bunch of threats. Other worker said he was going to a methadone clinic. I really had no idea.......arrrgh. :-( Back to the drawing board.
Sounds like withdrawal and trying to find some stuff to sell.

Back