whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put my 2 fairly new steel chokers on this ash stem without even re checking what they were good for. Figured twice what one rated at. Cut it off at ground and my friend who owns the 90 tonner said what are the chokers good for? I said 2 tons ea. or 8k. He said the piece read in at 12k. I said I won't tell anyone. He said he wouldn't either...Now the one in the building we pulled out, that prob weighed in at over 35 k prior to us taking the canopy off and 5 pieces off the butt at around 48" dia ea...we used his chokers and it probably weighed in at around 20k when picked. The ash at 12k...

I put my 2 fairly new steel chokers on this ash stem without even re checking what they were good for. Figured twice what one rated at. Cut it off at ground and my friend who owns the 90 tonner said what are the chokers good for? I said 2 tons ea. or 8k. He said the piece read in at 12k. I said I won't tell anyone. He said he wouldn't either...Now the one in the building we pulled out, that prob weighed in at over 35 k prior to us taking the canopy off and 5 pieces off the butt at around 48" dia ea...we used his chokers and it probably weighed in at around 20k when picked. The ash at 12k...

this video made me want to puke, you need image stabilization terribly

ive got a thread on here somewhere, you can go look for it if you want to see it that bad

also, I couldnt find the frame for my gopro so its in a waterproof case, so you cant hear much

im not an expert videographer

Thanks. Palfinger q150z, 31.5’ boom rated to lift something like 10,250 lbs at 10’ off the truck.. somewhere around 3300 lbs at max extension.
View attachment 926633View attachment 926634

What the payload on the truck once Palfinger fitted?

And what drive config is the truck?

Small fry my HIAB (3.6 tonne close, 700kg at 12m), but christ it's useful, even if we're just craning the stump grinder over some fences.

Have an Intermercato five finger grapple with continuous rotation on my Vermeer 925. Went with the same model used on the 5-8 tonne excavator class with modified attachment plate, that's an animal for tree work. Makes all the grab buckets etc look amateur. Something lighter, but similar on the HIAB would be pretty darn good.

View attachment CT1.JPGView attachment CT2.JPG

Did your forget your meds that day Grandad?

Cool truck.

I should know what the payload is, but not sure offhand. GVWR is almost 78k lbs though, so don't think it's possible to overload it (was kind of the point of the truck).

Not sure what you mean by drive config, but both rear axles are powered and 5:38 ratio. Cummins ISX 505hp with allison 4500 RDS. Truck hardly feels loaded and the three stage jake brake is amazing. The task of dealing with wood pretty much seems like it doesn't even exist anymore, so I guess it's doing its thing.

I have a valby (intermercato) grapple on my giant. Amazing grapple. Bulletproof. Do you have a pic of yours? Having a hard time picturing a five finger grapple.

Lol. Yes, big craniacs like yourself…:laugh:
I think he did, man's shaking like a sawzall on meth
"Did your forget your meds that day Grandad?"

Yeah I like to use that shake technique when I am butt fkn your mother, she loves it...little fagot. You are so small time with that pathetic little grapple truck. Ozzies tend to be very effeminate esp. after their govt. scared them and took all their guns away...without even a whimper. Likely because of the way you all treat aborigines. It is shameful. Sorry to say I have been over there.

If all you and Quesadilla have against me is that I am old...and I am still twice the treeman any of you are...you are some tree cutting sissies and always will be. Can't even embed a picture on the forum. What a moron

Back