whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jed1124

Jed1124

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I havent bought it, dude has the whole lot for $165, I can sell everything except the biners for close to that, and get some 2500# pulltape for around $0.10/ft to make slings
Might not be bad, would need to know what all the stuff is rated for first.
Rock climbers climb the rock, tree climbers climb the rope. Not sure the ratings are the same.

Jed1124

Jed1124

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Real good advice....have no fun, be boring, no memories...then its over. No wonder you passed the Conn. Tree Guy 30 tree ID test combination Pesticide Test lol.
What do you want me to do? Tell a 15 year old kid to drink hard, do a bunch of blow, and chase hookers?
Any time you want to visit to take the test let me know. I’ll put you up, we’ll drink beer and argue, invite Paul and Tom over for a spat, then you can flunk the test the next day.

Jed1124

Jed1124

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Please expound....I would abso fkn lutely LOVE to know the contents of that conversation.
Most of it was based around mite flare ups due to Neonicotinoid applications in Hemlock and my opinions regarding the most effective and efficient injection systems on the market today.
He is currently using the Wedgle Direct with Imidacloprid (crappy system) and I tried to direct him away from that system and chemical and toward Dinotefuran bark applications.
Good enough?

treevet

treevet

Addicted to ArboristSite
What do you want me to do? Tell a 15 year old kid to drink hard, do a bunch of blow, and chase hookers?
Any time you want to visit to take the test let me know. I’ll put you up, we’ll drink beer and argue, invite Paul and Tom over for a spat, then you can flunk the test the next day.
Dude, I studied personally with Alex Shigo for 13 years from 1980 when I first met him at Arbor Expo in Phila to 93 (read all his schit from 1970) when I passed their first test...without even studying. Then continued to study with him til he passed in 2006 falling on his deck and hitting his head. I can fly for free so I flew to his seminars in exotic places all over the country in the woods.

Own every book, pamphlet and dvd he ever produced. Went out to dinner one night with him and 2 other guys at the week long seminar in Boone NC where only 25 students allowed and everyone had their own microscope and we studied wounding, compartmentalization etc etc. You don't know ANYTHING I don't know. I don't drink beer or take any drugs and wouldn't waste my time on a 30 tree id (huge lol) combination pesticide test (they are state run here). And I mean that in the nicest way possible.

And you teaching a BCMA...give me a break.

treevet

treevet

Addicted to ArboristSite
Most of it was based around mite flare ups due to Neonicotinoid applications in Hemlock and my opinions regarding the most effective and efficient injection systems on the market today.
He is currently using the Wedgle Direct with Imidacloprid (crappy system) and I tried to direct him away from that system and chemical and toward Dinotefuran bark applications.
Good enough?
The most efficient injection system and the first system is Mauget (user friendly). Been using it almost since the company came into business. They actually sent me a case of Fungisol to test on Vert wilt and report back to them with results in 1970...for free.

I have used Dino (Safari) trunk sprays for EAB and find them inconsistent in results and a threat to the environment compared to a closed injection system. But some fairly considerate thoughts although the guy could easily dispel them. How could you make that schit run for "an hour"?

tree MDS
You have big stones kid, I give you credit. Must be the homeschooling and not getting ruined in the public indoctrination centers. You have a good future ahead of you stay away from drugs, booze, and dangerous women lol.

Yes, the women are always going to be the biggest problem. Lol. They’re so nice though!! :laugh:

no tree to big

no tree to big

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I disagree with the comparison of tests but I passed the first exam 30 years ago this year and it may have been more difficult then. The fail rate was very high. But to compare your exam with a BCMA is ridiculous I am sure.

It was just a few weeks ago a dumass from Chicago comes out of no where to pronounce my statement of a $10,000 ash removal I said was about 110' tall as likely barely 30' tall. I challenged him to a thousand dollar bet to come down here on a Sun. and find a witness while I measured the tree. He declined. I then did the tree and posted the video only to reveal the 4' trunk diameter with picked 12,000 lb stump to have about 60' long stems above the stump I had picked by a 90 ton crane and it measured 115 feet tall. The tallest ash in this state is 147 feet tall. It was the second biggest ash in all this area.

As for his ability to defend himself...he is a member here...he has friends like you here to pass it on. I would expect that to happen. I am hiding from no one. Let's hash it out. He comes on here and makes pretend he doesn't even know me and we have known each other for around 15 years I think.. I have nothing to lose posting this. I kind of like to talk about the hottest subject on the planet...racism.
So with out posting pics for reference from your own videos, I am going to use your distortion of mathematics to prove a point of your BS... "picking 60 foot stems" "off 11k pound butt log" (from your video only slightly taller then the single story garage) ill give you 20 feet soooo 60+20=80 am I missing something?

I'm still trying to figure out why you would even bring up our interactions from many weeks ago to try and defend yourself to another member? What relevance does it have? What point does it prove? That im the smartest one in this thread? I'm the one that just ignores you? Lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Jed1124

Jed1124

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Dude, I studied personally with Alex Shigo for 13 years from 1980 when I first met him at Arbor Expo in Phila to 93 (read all his schit from 1970) when I passed their first test...without even studying. Then continued to study with him til he passed in 2006 falling on his deck and hitting his head. I can fly for free so I flew to his seminars in exotic places all over the country in the woods.

Own every book, pamphlet and dvd he ever produced. Went out to dinner one night with him and 2 other guys at the week long seminar in Boone NC where only 25 students allowed and everyone had their own microscope and we studied wounding, compartmentalization etc etc. You don't know ANYTHING I don't know. I don't drink beer or take any drugs and wouldn't waste my time on a 30 tree id (huge lol) combination pesticide test (they are state run here). And I mean that in the nicest way possible.

And you teaching a BCMA...give me a break.
I envy your time with Shigo. He was a brilliant man. I’ve read everything he’s written as far as I know.
I’m not worried about anything I know that you don’t or vice versa. I’m more interested in learning from your years in the industry.
But your a blowhard, and that gets in the way.
The invitation still stands. I’ll drink the beer and you can have milk.

treevet

treevet

Addicted to ArboristSite
Been treating this 4 1/2' dbh 120' tall White ash since 2005 when I found the first (not a first but THE first) EAB in my town. I was on the town's UFB then. We have kept it alive for 17 years now while every other untreated ash, thousands and thousands, have died in the vicinity including all theirs. They just decided to save this one. 4 mil. Imicide. If you knock it...you just don't get it;.

treevet

treevet

Addicted to ArboristSite
I envy your time with Shigo. He was a brilliant man. I’ve read everything he’s written as far as I know.
I’m not worried about anything I know that you don’t or vice versa. I’m more interested in learning from your years in the industry.
But your a blowhard, and that gets in the way.
The invitation still stands. I’ll drink the beer and you can have milk.
We can talk tree care on here. I'd love it. One member, treeMDS, hates talking sophisticated tree care and tries to ridicule those who enjoy being a pro. But anytime fire away and I will blow hard right back. It is/was such a massive lost to lose the "Father of Modern Arboriculture". He was truly a genius and his goal was to pass on all he knows to those who "touch trees". And I don't mean to remove them MDS.

Travelling these days is hell but I do love New England. I went to college in Biddeford Maine for couple years prior to USMC. So beautiful this time of year.

ZinTrees

ZinTrees

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Yawn. It’s not man’s work if it can be done with shorts on. Just saying.
not calling the navy "mans work" by anymeans, more like a bunch of fat guys that got drunk and enlisted (my whole family is military, dad was navy for 7 years, I think I can poke a little fun)

this is the navy, they wear shorts, I think ive seen those shorts on the dukes of hazard once, looks kinda gay but OK
1633351328621.png

treevet

treevet

Addicted to ArboristSite
not calling the navy "mans work" by anymeans, more like a bunch of fat guys that got drunk and enlisted (my whole family is military, dad was navy for 7 years, I think I can poke a little fun)

this is the navy, they wear shorts, I think ive seen those shorts on the dukes of hazard once, looks kinda gay but OK
View attachment 933024
Everyone who knows anything (not fatty bucket princesses like Cassedia) know the Marine Corps is the elite fighting force in the world. Squids (Navy) are for kids.

Latest posts