whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awwwww man! I went out to eat and was looking forward to reading some good juiceys when I came back but its gone! Aw poo. Now I gotta run estis without a smile on my face.:msp_thumbdn:

maybe try starting it in the off topic forum instead of the commecial climbing forum so it might stand a chance??? afterall its not exactly climbing talk...

Well technically the forum is "commercial tree care" and "climbing".

I trust most of the ones posting in here own and operate or work for a commercial tree care company. So, think the thread was started with good intentions; and was initially on good roll just letting others know what commercial guys who run their own company were doing for the day. Ok some was felling a tree, some doing estimates.. etc. But still not too far off the mark of the "commercial tree care" side.

I do agree that some of it has perhaps strayed a bit, and can come back to focus. But if it is really about what a person does in their "commercial tree care" and/or "climbing" -- which would normally entail business stuff I guess.. then is really ok here IMHO. Because, frankly, if within that context many would find interesting; and some may learn, have questions, ask questions, etc.

What exactly are the bounds of the "commercial tree care" side.. ? As there is an "and" in the title, it does not have to ONLY focus on climbing.

Looks like we lost a good amount of this thread too. Just when this site was starting to REEEEAAAALLLLLY suck, they found a way to make it worse. If they want good content, they need to kick off the posers like FTA and AA and quit busting the balls of guys like vet and OD. Lame.

Well we lost interest of a good amount of the commercial guys, or they are simply out being too busy to sit and post. I know I spend a lot more time on here in winter than this time of year.

But this is supposed to be a forum for "commercial tree care".. not tree care 101. But like I said maybe a lot of the commerical guys are simply busy, and may come back -- we can only hope.

Well technically the forum is "commercial tree care" and "climbing".

I trust most of the ones posting in here own and operate or work for a commercial tree care company. So, think the thread was started with good intentions; and was initially on good roll just letting others know what commercial guys who run their own company were doing for the day. Ok some was felling a tree, some doing estimates.. etc. But still not too far off the mark of the "commercial tree care" side.

I do agree that some of it has perhaps strayed a bit, and can come back to focus. But if it is really about what a person does in their "commercial tree care" and/or "climbing" -- which would normally entail business stuff I guess.. then is really ok here IMHO. Because, frankly, if within that context many would find interesting; and some may learn, have questions, ask questions, etc.

What exactly are the bounds of the "commercial tree care" side.. ? As there is an "and" in the title, it does not have to ONLY focus on climbing.

I was not talking about this thread I was talking about the thread tree MDS was refering to when he said
"Aww man, we were just getting started over there!!" which I would assume was the thread that was started to trash talk each other or whatever, that was deleted in its infancy. so yes this one is perfectly at home while the lets call each other names thread not so much:wink2:

Last edited:
I was not talking about this thread I was talking about the thread tree md was refering to when he said
"Aww man, we were just getting started over there!!" which I would assume was the thread that was started to trash talk each other or whatever, that was deleted in its infancy. so yes this one is perfectly at home while the lets call each other names thread not so much:wink2:

Its tree MDS bro, not tree md. He's an entirely different person (and gets rightfully pissed when mistaken for me)! Lol.

Not too pissed. I only get pissed when a HO firewood cutter tries to come into the commercial forum and tell me what I need to charge... That tends to fire me up...

Got a weird call last night. I actually didn't get the message til this morning as I didn't hear it ring last night. A girl called at around 9 PM wanting me to come rescue her kitty... She was about a half hour away so I doubt I would have gone even if I had got the call last night... Never know tho, she sounded kind of sexy... I may have went just to see what her cat looked like...

Not too pissed. I only get pissed when a HO firewood cutter tries to come into the commercial forum and tell me what I need to charge... That tends to fire me up...

Got a weird call last night. I actually didn't get the message til this morning as I didn't hear it ring last night. A girl called at around 9 PM wanting me to come rescue her kitty... She was about a half hour away so I doubt I would have gone even if I had got the call last night... Never know tho, she sounded kind of sexy... I may have went just to see what her cat looked like...

or her puss

Finally off to Atlanta in the morning. Took me a week longer than I thought it would to just wrap things up here. Gonna have to be a quick trip. I've still got a large check to collect here and 2 jobs scheduled for the first of the month.

Sounds like fun Rope! Stay safe and take all this heat coming up my way back! I think I sweated my weight in water today. Pretty bad when you could _iss in your jeans and not really tell any difference. Stupid finger still hurts from that dam Corona, good thing it wasnt a Silky, Ida been in surgery getting it reattached!

Yikes!

Finally off to Atlanta in the morning. Took me a week longer than I thought it would to just wrap things up here. Gonna have to be a quick trip. I've still got a large check to collect here and 2 jobs scheduled for the first of the month.

If they all cryin when you get there....we just took out the Braves on a 9th inning walk off by Stubby, and took the series.

Today I took down half a Cherry tree ...

A clusterf*** morning led to a 13:00 arrival and it was just so hot and humid that it was punishing to do anything outdoors.

It was a large twin trunk Cherry tree, up a steeply sloped tight backyard. Rotted and hollow at the juncture at ground level it looked dangerous. I used the heavyweight ratchet straps from my tractor to bind the two together. One about 5' up and the other about 15' high. Being able to pull the smaller half of the tree with the ratchet straps was not a confidence builder.

The LZ was tight and landscaped, it was also the neighbor's yard. They were fully onboard though, as it was their home that was threatened by the huge compromised Cherry tree. They even let us park the dump and chipper in their driveway.

I set pulleys in two parallel secondary leads or the larger more troublesome half of the tree to lesson the shock loading. In just rigging the tree I was exhausted and drenched with sweat. I had to stop and sit down.

We made big, fast running drops. JonBoy did a great job as my rope man. Standing them up and slowly easing on the PortaWrap to stop the tops over the shrubs and plants while Rich, my ground man, pulled them to a safe soft landing clear of the expensive landscaping. I never felt a heavy shock the whole day..

An elderly backyard neighbor came out and wanted me to cut down a small tree for her. I traded her the tree for access with my tractor through her yard. That was a break, because getting the tractor up the landscaped and very steep hill from the road below would be a major hassle, ramping over retaining walls to get up there.

After bringing down the tops of the bigger half of the tree I stopped well short of the highest ratchet strap and called it a day. I left the truck and most of the equipment in place and will have to finish the other, weaker, half tomorrow.

Last edited:
I sat and drank beer all day waiting for people that never shown, for a job I didnt wanna do, for people that never pay, so serves em right that I went up this stormdamaged Boxelder drunk. Im so pissed at the world, that I kinda was hopin that this goofy cut hit the primary, but it didnt. 3 co's walked away from this tree. Had to do it with one BUST ASS GRUNT!!! Frank earned it today, the JR's are gonna pay for it tomorrow, we made a rats nest for em. B###hes wanted to blow off there boss, we'll give em a reason not to do it again. Vet, I was on a bender, so no , I wasnt paying attention, but sounds like that 6 liter a good motor. Still dont belive that shizz tho, You made me want a chevy, i must be drunk.....

Well it looks like this is the week for monsters. I went and bid another humungus dead oak the base dbh is eight feet it has trees where the limbs are:)
I got it if i can get too it in a month 6k:) Another service bid it at 18k then me and one more were at 6k. I told the man it is worth 18 k and that i dont really look forward to doing it lol:)

Well it looks like this is the week for monsters. I went and bid another humungus dead oak the base dbh is eight feet it has trees where the limbs are:)
I got it if i can get too it in a month 6k:) Another service bid it at 18k then me and one more were at 6k. I told the man it is worth 18 k and that i dont really look forward to doing it lol:)

did you ever sell that grapple truck you had? it will be worth its weight in gold on this one. congrats make them dolla dolla bills.

Latest posts

Back