whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wordpress has SEO tools. It's really not that difficult to optimize it for search engines. You just have to study a little bit and learn how to enter your tags and meta data with relevant key words for the crawlers to pick up.

I have mine through them as well, I paid someone to set it up initially and I can go in and do updates, add stuff etc.... mine got hacked into in December, everything got wiped, even from my Web builders files. Had to do everything over again! This time added some security features and added some backup features. I think it looks better now, still have to add some items but am happy with it! Still working on the video features though. Now that I got my helmet cam i should be able to put some good stuff on!

Last edited:
meta data that sounds like a foreign language to me and I've read about it and it still doesn't click. Im thinkin about going to community college and taking a course in web site design can't hurt me.

We had to take a mandatory technology class when I was in college... Actually 2 of them. They taught us stuff like word, excel and basic programs that we would need to do basic college level work. In the second semester course they taught us rudimentary HTML a little basic web design. It wasn't a lot but it was enough for me to have a grasp on what I'm doing now. That was over 10 years ago and things have changed a lot since then. You can use a visual editor to do web design now and it's not really too hard. The SEO stuff is what is a little more difficult to understand but there are a lot of great sources to learn how to do it out there on the web.

Nice site Deevo!

Thanks, I kind of like my work to speak for itself. Like i said there is still a bit I would like to do. It's gotten me a lot of traffic and work to go with it. I do advertise online locally and in a few small papers. I think that has worked for me. Not doing Yellowpages book next year. Rather put that $ into some equipment.

My brother built mine and a few other sites. Codeblueohio.com and youngpedals.com are two he built through connections, he's the guitar player in the code blue band, so that is a given. He might be willing to set a few of you guys up. I have another friend that might be of help to as he is going to school to be a computer programmer.

Here's mine, needs a lot of updating since we've dropped most of everything but tree work and firewood, but it gives you an idea. greatoutdoorsohio.com

My brother built mine and a few other sites. Codeblueohio.com and youngpedals.com are two he built through connections, he's the guitar player in the code blue band, so that is a given. He might be willing to set a few of you guys up. I have another friend that might be of help to as he is going to school to be a computer programmer.

Here's mine, needs a lot of updating since we've dropped most of everything but tree work and firewood, but it gives you an idea. greatoutdoorsohio.com

Hey Andy if you could let me know if your brother of friend would be willing to help me out. I'd really like to get this thing going before spring. Thanks

Andy. I know you've got your ear to the ground. A guy at church said a VanCuren climber fell 75 ft. Did you hear anything like that?
Phil

wow haven't heard about that but been real busy with plowing lately. I think tree ace used to work for vancuren long ago, wonder if he knows

Just got a email from a HO, picked me over our local BCMA for a large prune job, I was more expensive but the other dude gave the HO a bad vibe! Cool beans!

I got lucky when it comes to sites, My younger cousin is a web guru. He was brutally picked on while growing up, when he got to middle school and high school it got outa hand, enter SUPER COUSINS! It was soon realized that he had a couple of cousins that would target the oppressors! He had no more problems and was free to be the nerd he was meant to be! Fast forward 15-20 years and now he runs the biggest web firm in the area, holds national accounts and I get it for free, does all my maintenance and runs the twitter and facebook stuff, I pay for all the domain names, but that's it. He built it for free. He does that google opt for me and he has a local "things to do" website that is super cool, tons of traffic, have my adds all over it. Never thought being a "bully beat down" artist would pay off like this!

" Remember to be nice to geeks, someday you'll work for one" -Bill Gates

Jeff, that FTA guy, he said something that made me think of this guy I met when I was out there, his name was ED, was well known at a saw shop. Showed up on a job and we had to run him off, don't know if its the same guy, but I think it is, if it is..........OH MAN! That guys was a character for sure. Soon as he walked out of the saw shop, they all started talking like him! Do you know who he is?

I got lucky when it comes to sites, My younger cousin is a web guru. He was brutally picked on while growing up, when he got to middle school and high school it got outa hand, enter SUPER COUSINS! It was soon realized that he had a couple of cousins that would target the oppressors! He had no more problems and was free to be the nerd he was meant to be! Fast forward 15-20 years and now he runs the biggest web firm in the area, holds national accounts and I get it for free, does all my maintenance and runs the twitter and facebook stuff, I pay for all the domain names, but that's it. He built it for free. He does that google opt for me and he has a local "things to do" website that is super cool, tons of traffic, have my adds all over it. Never thought being a "bully beat down" artist would pay off like this!

" Remember to be nice to geeks, someday you'll work for one" -Bill Gates

I married one :laugh:

Jeff, that FTA guy, he said something that made me think of this guy I met when I was out there, his name was ED, was well known at a saw shop. Showed up on a job and we had to run him off, don't know if its the same guy, but I think it is, if it is..........OH MAN! That guys was a character for sure. Soon as he walked out of the saw shop, they all started talking like him! Do you know who he is?

Could be, I am sure he is laughed at where ever he goes.
Jef

Andy. I know you've got your ear to the ground. A guy at church said a VanCuren climber fell 75 ft. Did you hear anything like that?
Phil

No, haven't heard anything. He'd be a gonner at that height, so I would think that would be big news....scary to think about. I'll ask Mervin next time I'm in Ray's Repair. They take all their stuff there for repair.

Scott, was this in San Diego? I met a "tree guy" when I was down there named Ed... LOL, what a tool he was!

wow haven't heard about that but been real busy with plowing lately. I think tree ace used to work for vancuren long ago, wonder if he knows

I have never even heard of "vancuren". Hopefully what ever happened has just been exageratted. That happens sometimes.......

Did two bids today. Got to wait a month on the first one because it has to be board approved by the HOA but the Pres. and treasurer pretty much told me I'll be doing it next month. Other one said she is going to run it by her husband but she appears to be the decision maker. We already discussed the details of getting an insurance certificate sent to her.

I am about to make a change in personnel...

Edit: I was pissed and venting... :)

Last edited:
I have never even heard of "vancuren". Hopefully what ever happened has just been exageratted. That happens sometimes.......

had you mixed up with timberjack7. they're pretty close to our neck of the woods but I haven't heard anything on the news or from local tree guys. hopefully it was exaggerated

Latest posts

Back