whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So one of my classes is a ArcGIS tutorial (Geog 215) where I have to flip back and forth between 3 different screens and go back to a word doc for the class assignment. Needless to say the old fart is the last kid to get out of class every Monday night (4:30-6:10 but I'm invariably there to 6:20) because I cannot get it to save right and I allways seem to loose some data. Today I had a keyboard bounce and hit crtl-Z too many times :laugh:

I guess humbling experiences are good for the soul :laugh:

:confused:

:msp_w00t:

Jeff

Dave sure made his friend's have a thick skin.
So many now, think they should be let in,
Now a couple of talker's, are trying to run off the walker's.
Just leave, don't think where you've been.
Jeff

Goin' all poetic, old timer? I dig...

I've had it where i hit save every time I changed my map features (GIS is computer cartography, in so many words) and it still did not save it the way I thought it should. Our TA is a chineese girl on a Visa, so processing the accent is a course in it's self. :laugh:

Hey John, what really sucks is when you save it in the wrong format and can't reverse it. I spent a sleepless night onetime trying to straighten out a mess like that... School was more stressful to me than trees. :D

That ain't right Dan when you asked me about the salters I tried to be helpful and not for a split second was I a ####### and for you to go there , I mean if X ever bags it here , should I call your rabbit dressing up ### out for it , I mean he had some of it coming .....SOME .... And he also dished SOME out so I apologized for my participation and I would hope that it is received as a genuine statement.... And as far as WOODSMAN liking that post well sorry I didn't know there would be teenagers reading my posts ....

Calm down you rowdy heathen. I know how sensitive you are. I was just joking. I just don't know what happened AND you and MDS are the main instigators around here now that I am on medication.

Last edited:
Seriously Speaking ...

Why do you continue to post here, when its obvious that most everyone hates you/and or clearly has no respect for you? I expect a serious answer too!

It's that lack of respect that keeps me coming back. See it's like this, I don't like being bullied, so that thing that you would most like me to do I will not.

You and your sidekick ran off treevet with your inane, illiterate, and juvenile bullchit and you two, above all others, are what drags this forum down into the gutter. So I stay mostly to annoy you and others of your ilk.

But on topic; today I started another "Estate" job. There's so much work there that I just offered the guy a daily rate. Today we trimmed a large Oak, taking down two major limbs. We also dropped two very minor scrub trees and hauled all the tops back into the woods with the Steiner. We cut up the major rounds for firewood and stacked it for him.

I'm taking tomorrow off (snow forecast) and then back to the estate on Thursday to drop an Oak in bad shape. We'll be going back there all month, and maybe part of March. A job like this is money in the bank whenever I need it. Also another major job came in from an evaluation I did last week so I'll try to get that in next week.

Now I know you sweethearts will be calling BS on that, so I'll offer $300 cash for any real climber (you can bring your own ropeman) to come and work with me for a day. I'll even shoot real good video for you and post your work here. Maybe you can teach me something valuable about climbing. I'm willing to learn.

In the likely case that no one here is up to it I'll shoot some video and you'll have to suffer the pain of watching a sixty-something do the work you wish you had this time of year.

Last edited:
Tomorrow a trim and two small removals, after that three Pines to takedown. This is the first Winter that work has stayed steady, slower, but steady.

It's that lack of respect that keeps me coming back. See it's like this, I don't like being bullied, so that thing that you would most like me to do I will not.

You and your sidekick ran off treevet with your inane, illiterate, and juvenile bullchit and you two, above all others, are what drags this forum down into the gutter. So I stay mostly to annoy you and others of your ilk.

But on topic; today I started another "Estate" job. There's so much work there that I just offered the guy a daily rate. Today we trimmed a large Oak, taking down two major limbs. We also dropped two very minor scrub trees and hauled all the tops back into the woods with the Steiner. We cut up the major rounds for firewood and stacked it for him.

I'm taking tomorrow off (snow forecast) and then back to the estate on Thursday to drop an Oak in bad shape. We'll be going back there all month, and maybe part of March. A job like this is money in the bank whenever I need it. Also another major job came in from an evaluation I did last week so I'll try to get that in next week.

Now I know you sweethearts will be calling BS on that, so I'll offer $300 cash for any real climber (you can bring your own ropeman) to come and work with me for a day. I'll even shoot real good video for you and post your work here. Maybe you can teach me something valuable about climbing. I'm willing to learn.

In the likely case that no one here is up to it I'll shoot some video and you'll have to suffer the pain of watching a sixty-something do the work you wish you had this time of year.

Well yer doing a fine job of it... being annoying that is... the trees? Not so much... but hang in there... a few more years you'll be Prime Minister of the d-i-c-k clique.

P.S. 300 barely covers me and chances are your rope man will have my saw sticking outta his head by 10 am.

... P.S. 300 barely covers me and chances are your rope man will have my saw sticking outta his head by 10 am.

The last guy I hired from this site said he was not comfortable when he got to where he needed to be to do the job in a Silver Maple removal, so he came down. He brought his own rope man and the guy asked me what I was going to do. I put them both on an easy Pine tree and I went up to where "the climber" chickened out and finished the job for him. I think he was uncomfortable being out of the bucket for once. I still paid them.

My ropeman won't be working with you. I know how important a ropeman is that's why I'll let you bring your own. If you can't bring one I'll be your ropeman. I'll be sure to wear my hard hat. Hey, remember, I buy lunch! I've got a job for you this Thursday if you're up for it.

Last edited:
The last guy I hired from this site said he was not comfortable when he got to where he needed to be to do the job in a Silver Maple removal, so he came down. He brought his own rope man and the guy asked me what I was going to do. I put them both on an easy Pine tree and I went up to where "the climber" chickened out and finished the job for him. I think he was uncomfortable being out of the bucket for once. I still paid them.

My ropeman won't be working with you. I know how important a ropeman is that's why I'll let you bring your own. If you can't bring one I'll be your ropeman. I'll be sure to wear my hard hat. Hey, remember, I buy lunch! I've got a job for you this Thursday if you're up for it.

I will take you up on the offer for $700 a day plus Travel expenses. I am sure the trees I prune will be the only ones without spike marks in them.

You seem pretty sure of yourself bubba ...

I will take you up on the offer for $700 a day plus Travel expenses. I am sure the trees I prune will be the only ones without spike marks in them.

What make you think you are worth that? And I quit wearing gaffs on prune jobs years ago, while treeMDS still carves his intials in heratige trees with his chainsaw, just for fun. Where's the outrage for that?

Everybody has their rate.$300 is not worth it to me for a day of climbing.

The actions of MDS are not my concern. I know the area he works the residents are knowlegable and if he was doing bad work he wouldn't be in business as long as he has.

Am I underbidding my work here? Pruned 4 trees today for storm damage and large dead wood, 1 60' red oak over a house, and 3 red oaks each close to 100' tall. Charged $50 per tree... should I be asking for more?

Am I underbidding my work here? Pruned 4 trees today for storm damage and large dead wood, 1 60' red oak over a house, and 3 red oaks each close to 100' tall. Charged $50 per tree... should I be asking for more?

YES!
what service did you offer? Uninsured climber doing side work leaving all the debris where it fell? Or fully insured tree service showing up with a crew on workmen comp leaving the property like nothing ever happened?
How long did it take you?
Equipment?
size of crew?

Latest posts

Back