whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was set up pretty good. I got the shaft on the one I originally ordered which was supposed to come with starter, alternator and bell housing, not to mention I could keep the core for only a grand more than this unit, which is why I ordered that one. Turns out the factory stopped making it so this was the next best option. I could have got a short block locally for about $800 less than this engine but I figured I'd spend the extra dough and forget the headaches of injectors and the like. I think I did all right at about $6200 once I get my check back for the core. As that chipper sits though, I have an almost new machine for a total of 16K invested. Yeah, I couldn't sell it for that, so I'm married to it but I shouldn't need anything bigger for a few years at least.

Do you take this chipper to be you lawful wedded machine?

Oddly enough a lot of guys were recommending this method. Granted they were talking about truck diesels but they said after a swap, load it up and head for the hills. Seemed strange to me. The common theme from most people seemed to be don't run it if it's not under load.[/QUOTE

The fact that you care to 'break it in' makes me think you care about your equiptment and I think you should 'break it in' like it is a dependent. Are you the mechanic, or do you got a guy?
Jeff :)

Are you the mechanic, or do you got a guy?
Jeff :)

Depends on the job...and my current level of stress at the time work needs to be done. I'm pretty handy but I'm not afraid to pick up the phone either. This one Eric and I are tackling on our own.

just getting in. black walnut in newton split almost to the floor with one half heading to the garage and the other to the neighbors house.

ratchet strapped and bull rope'd them back together and started taking out weight. bucket baby tonight, no crano.

did i mention the 12 hour day first and then the late night gig? gonna be tired tomorrow.......

just getting in. black walnut in newton split almost to the floor with one half heading to the garage and the other to the neighbors house.

ratchet strapped and bull rope'd them back together and started taking out weight. bucket baby tonight, no crano.

did i mention the 12 hour day first and then the late night gig? gonna be tired tomorrow.......

Be careful bro tired stinks, I know cause I am always tired lol:cheers:

I had about 4 hours sleep last night. Re fi'ing the crib. Spit shined and the guy walks right through.....arrrrggghhh.:cry:

I know what your feeling there, bud. We devoted this entire past weekend to my brother's pad. Did all the flower beds, weeding, mulching, weedwacking, gardens, trees, etc., etc., and the assessment dude spent a total of 2 minutes outside. Place looked ####in' awesome and all he cared about was square footage and location. Oh, well. Cheers.

You wake up yet, man? There's trees that need to die.

I know what your feeling there, bud. We devoted this entire past weekend to my brother's pad. Did all the flower beds, weeding, mulching, weedwacking, gardens, trees, etc., etc., and the assessment dude spent a total of 2 minutes outside. Place looked ####in' awesome and all he cared about was square footage and location. Oh, well. Cheers.

Misery loves company Blakes. Thanks, makes me feel a little better. We busted ass for days esp yesterday.

You got the new mill hooked up and chewing wood yet?

Misery loves company Blakes. Thanks, makes me feel a little better. We busted ass for days esp yesterday.

You got the new mill hooked up and chewing wood yet?

Just started her tonight. I sent a video to MDS but god forbid I have to try and figure out how to upload it to the wubs. Nothing special anyways. Just a big ol' diesel doing it's thing. I was waiting on new radiator hoses and serpentine belt but just found out today that they won't get here till Monday. My fault really, should have made it a bit more clear that I needed them ASAP. Anyway, put the old ones on to get her going and she's running like a champ. Got the next two days booked so we'll see what she's got. Oil pressure is running above 60 at 1500 rpms and at 40psi around 800rpms. No leaks that I can find. I think we done good. Ready to pay it off in about 4 days work. lol

We dropped 10 trees today.....no clean up....with one minor error on my part....got careless and tried to pull a heavy leaner (16" tree).....poor placement of pull rope....limb broke out and tree set back down on saw...then broke over backwards into the lake......tore my saw up......hooked a chain to it and pulled it out of the water......I tried to pull it just to save from pull it out of the water......goes to show you...the smallest trees can cause big problems.....got my head on straight and dropped the rest in target areas

Grinded 8 stumps....no clean up

We dropped 10 trees today.....no clean up....with one minor error on my part....got careless and tried to pull a heavy leaner (16" tree).....poor placement of pull rope....limb broke out and tree set back down on saw...then broke over backwards into the lake......tore my saw up......hooked a chain to it and pulled it out of the water......I tried to pull it just to save from pull it out of the water......goes to show you...the smallest trees can cause big problems.....got my head on straight and dropped the rest in target areas

Grinded 8 stumps....no clean up

Yeeup!

didn't fall asleep till about 5 am. (i think i am an insomniac.....) and the alarm went off waaay to early. ummmm. i didnt punch out till 830 tonight. eating and forcing myself to bed.

Nothing screams safety like a climber working on no sleep cheesh thats a sig line there...

today

We took down a big Red Oak today.....really nice tree.....up and died about a month ago.......36" dbh....about 80'......lots of rigging....big fun

then grinded 6 stumps and fell a big red oak and took out a chinese chestnut....

Had to go bid one at a church today. 1 Oak in the parking lot. Short and squat, maybe 2 cords of wood, wide open drop zone. Hardwood in back that is graveyard dead. One 10" limb is on the roof of the neighbors shop, hung up in another tree. No bark left on this tree. Super dead. No room to drop. Gonna have to climb the neighboring tree, tie in and piece it out like Spiderman. What I live for... A money tree.

Latest posts

Back