whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:clap:11:30am here. Still planning on going fishin myself. :clap:
How was your trip?:msp_w00t:

Got a late start myself but good and relaxing. had a nice little grand slam of smallies and rock bass in the river then some largemouth from a close by pond, nothing huge but still fun.

whucha goin for?

Good advice. The jack was only on it because the sales man droppedit so I could hook it to the truck. Whydid you say you wont use it for big removals?

we run 15" morbarks and do big removals but we generally do not chip huge wood, we leave it for the log truck, but when you need to it can handle the task. I would imagine chipping into your bucket with big wood would fill it very quick anyways. the other day we were stuffing the chipper with the grapple with some ash and we were chipping some huge stuff and it took it fine, chipper wouldn't pull the massive amount of brush in but it took being force fed with the grapple did 20+ yards in about an hour(move truck, set rope, flop tree, move trucks, chip...) ran it a little hard she was running a bit hot after that though but for your average tree removal it will make your life much easier

After a wet start to the day I finished up some stump grinding jobs and washed the truck. Not a great day, but I will take it.

Bought a new 201T. My foreman said he did not notice any discernible difference from the 200.

The 200's are going for quite a bit on ebay! Stihl Ms 200t Chainsaw Brand New Not 201t | eBay

Did a job today that I thought I had bid for 3050. Brought along additional guys to get it done in one day (8 including myself though I went on bids for most of the day). Unfortunately, I did not realize that my math was wrong on the proposal and it only added up to 2150! Oops! I had written 3050 in the total on the proposal at the time of the estimate in April and did not take time to look at it closely until the end of the day today. Realized it at about 3pm, an hour before quitting time!

I thought I had bid so high that I was having the crew do additional work there for free. We ended up pruning an additional Monterey pine, a mid sized magnolia, and removing a codom from a Canary Island Pine by the end of the day at no cost. Wish I had looked more closely at the proposal before telling the guys to do all that... Thankfully, I did not lose money but I did not make too much either. Methinks I will get a fancy clip board with a calculator on it now.:cool2: I wonder how often I make mathematical mistakes like this without realizing.

Anyways, in the end it will be worth a nice yelp or angie's review :) The customers were really happy- and the work was not too strenuous.

PowerBall

Damn it! Thought for sure that I was going to hit the Powerball yesterday. Had several instances of good luck yesterday, sold the biggest job eva! Took my dump trailer, over filled with big wood, to the dump, drove 5 miles with the pintle OPEN! O M G, I did that, over railroad tracks and all, almost made me throw up when I seen it, total newb move. But nothing happened, had enough weight. Then got The mail. IRS corrected my taxes, YES!!! Even tho I knew I was right, when ever dealing with them, ya get nervous, real nervous. Been weighing heavy on my mind. So with all this good news, I thought I better play, bought 5 tickets, not a damn thing. You guys have no idea how close we came to having the biggest tree guy bash on the planet. I was going to fly u all in and give a away Wraptors and GCRS's away as door gifts............damn it, better cancel that order.

It's Sunday.

Woke up late, drank coffee, and laid around doing nothing.

And I will continue to do nothing until I am forced to do something. At that point I will do something, fast and poorly, so I can return to doing nothing with style and excellence. :msp_thumbup:

Boy, that would be nice to go buy all new equipment and be able to work for the fun of doing tree work.

Unfortantly, i have to go get to work. Got a garage, I cant walk through, so thats first on the list, then if i can get up the motivation, i am gonna go grind a stump that i didnt get to do on friday because of getting hit with that tsnaumi

I'd probably retire, but hell yeah that would be a blast shopping around for shiny new crane trucks, chippers and such

Still hanging around...

8f6a004c53dd40aebcb7e4c18c7fb637.jpg

On Friday I did a medium mulberry removal in an inner-city back yard, maybe three stories tall. Pretty simple rigging, all natural crotch and I could work over the two power drops and lay down the other utilities without a problem.

I'm about a third of the way through when i realize that the insulator/anchor has pulled out of the drop on the neighbors building due to rotten wood. My associate grounding for me tells me it was like that when we got there, and thought I knew :rolleyes:

So I had to putz my way through cut n chuck about a third of the canopy, a five hour job goes to seven...

Still hanging around...

8f6a004c53dd40aebcb7e4c18c7fb637.jpg

ill have to post some pics of my coon hes gettin kinda chunky. looks like a little blimp wobbling around after hes done eating.

hes in the back doing bidding with me wrecking a turtle my wife bought.

IMG_1264.jpg

thats where my money and lawn mower blades go. damn lawn ornaments. almost theraputic after a while tho. nothing like hitting a lawn gnome with a lawn mower.

ill have to post some pics of my coon hes gettin kinda chunky. looks like a little blimp wobbling around after hes done eating.

hes in the back doing bidding with me wrecking a turtle my wife bought.

IMG_1264.jpg

thats where my money and lawn mower blades go. damn lawn ornaments. almost theraputic after a while tho. nothing like hitting a lawn gnome with a lawn mower.

that thing is going to bite your ass Matt.. :msp_w00t:

You're gonna have fun cleaning up after that coon when it gets older and bigger. My ex had one as a pet, I don't think that thing ever completely hit the litter box once.. or layed a solid turd, in it's entire life, for that matter! Lol.

He was cool though, other than that the fact that he hated me, and was very distructive! I did have one when I was a kid that was friendly. Poor guy got into some decon, and that finished him off. I was bummed about that real bad!

Latest posts

Back