whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some stuff for sale.

I am selling my 85 morbark chippper, and a 28' hay / firewood conveyer if anyone is interested. I will list them in the classified section as well.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I've had the good fortune to be climbing for limbwalker54 recently, got the rest of the week booked with him. He's a breath of fresh air, especially considering some of my recent work contract gigs. guy really has his #### together, and I look forward to working with him in the morning, and going home in a good mood.... And after all my years travelling, let me tell ya, THAT MATTERS.:rock:

I've had the good fortune to be climbing for limbwalker54 recently, got the rest of the week booked with him. He's a breath of fresh air, especially considering some of my recent work contract gigs. guy really has his #### together, and I look forward to working with him in the morning, and going home in a good mood.... And after all my years travelling, let me tell ya, THAT MATTERS.:rock:

Pics or didn't happen:cheers:

I am selling my 85 morbark chippper, and a 28' hay / firewood conveyer if anyone is interested. I will list them in the classified section as well.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

there is a woodsman 790 out your way that I'm going to go check out this weekend. was supposed to be a demo unit with like 15 hours on it or something 250hp. its in east earl PA

Well, I got the go ahead for the cleanup (chipping & removing the wood) from the tree on the house/garage we had Friday night. Was waiting to see whether the insurance was going to pay for it, and they are. I am also debating whether to buy another chip truck and chipper. I want another chipper as a back up anyways, but also want to start another crew. I am at a point where do I get bigger or stay where I am? I have 2 fulltime guys and 5 part time guys, groundies, climbers, brush draggers! One of my main climbers is very good at all aspects, and works safe, and I can fully trust him to do complicated jobs without me being there on site now. I have sent him and a few others out on their own a lot in the past few weeks and did great work. I make sure every job is done to my expectations and has taken a lot of thought and trust to make this happen. Decisions decisions!!!!!!!!! :cool2: Oh yeah looking for a mini skid steer now! I want to demo the DW650 and the Vermeer equivilent. We have a 743 Bobcat with grapples, but like everyone knows is not nice lawn friendly!

Last edited:
Dug fence posts in record breaking heat... Trees have slowed down with all the hot weather, not sure if there is a correlation...

TMD and I got up in a big old linden tree today and pruned her, she was a beast. My mom delivered me some fresh copper river salmon from the Pikes Place market it Seattle when I got home. Let me tell you that is some of the best salmon I every had you just can't get that here on the east coast.:msp_smile:

Had a great day today after my nightmare of a day yesterday. I won't go into all of it but suffice to say that I didn't get to my job till 2 pm yesterday. Started off with my brother flipping his truck and being pinned in it (he made it out Ok). I went to the crash site and was stuck there until noon, then went around the block looking for an address right around the corner where I had a job to bid and saw a really good friend in a hospital gown and a cast on his leg fighting with two cops while on his crutches... Ass shinning and all. I couldn't just leave him there as he practically gave me the stumper I was pulling behind me. Something happened and he lost his longtime girlfriend a couple of years ago and he hasn't been right since. Anyway, I stopped and talked to the cops, told them the story on him (a sad one) and they handed me his Indian Nations ID, social security card and CDL and told me to take his clothes and wrist watch and get him home. He had broken his ankle and had some altercation with them while trying to leave the hospital. Anyway, I had to get him home or they would have locked him up... I finally made it to my job where the customer has a license plate that says grumpy on it... He was #####ing me out over the phone when I called to tell him I was running late... I had him laughing before I left though. Said he is gonna have me back to do some pruning in the Winter.

Had a good day today. Ran three job sites today with 2 spread out crews. I tested my groundy on a $450 dollar stump today. Left him on his own and he had it done by the time I got back in two hours... Was a good day.

Last edited:
Cleaned up some other hacks mess :bang: that homeowner fired.
I've worked on a few of those (including today) where I wanted to put a sign out by the road that read; I DIDN'T DO THE BAD TREE WORK. I'M JUST TRYING TO FIX THE OTHER GUY'S MISTAKES. We did one where it looked like the guy tied a beaver to a pole and let him chew the limbs off. Others were actually dished into the trunk. Embarrassing when it's by a busy highway.
Phil

TMD and I got up in a big old linden tree today and pruned her, she was a beast. My mom delivered me some fresh copper river salmon from the Pikes Place market it Seattle when I got home. Let me tell you that is some of the best salmon I every had you just can't get that here on the east coast.:msp_smile:

It's pike place market ya hillbilly, just a few exits south of me. They sure do beat an old clam.

Back