whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How the #### do you run outta ribs in the middle of the week anyway?:dizzy:

That's what I was thinking. I got some sandwich with a long name I can't remember but it was good. Forgot to steal another glass for Laura though.

After every close call I like to yell "Perfect!" as if we'd planned it that way and we're just that darned good. I really don't think I'm fooling anyone though...maybe myself...just a bit.

I once did something pretty amazing and the general. foreman pulled up just as it went down. It was way back in my riskiness days lol. I tied point above rigging to a log about 28 foot long and 30 inch no shock load but still it went snap but the swing made the log land absolutely perfect flat and beside the truck. Gf got out and said what the f you thinkin, I said production lol and where is the bull rope you promised me.

Oh hell,

After every close call I like to yell "Perfect!" as if we'd planned it that way and we're just that darned good. I really don't think I'm fooling anyone though...maybe myself...just a bit.

I do that all the time.I figure if it makes me feel good,who cares if anyone believes it.as long as they believe I believed it,I'm happy.

did a big poplar today... about 75 foot, the stump was easy 42 inches. was in the tree for 3 1/2 hours, got big blisters on the calves from my buck pads to prove it... knocked out 4 big tops, then rigged the side that was hanging over the house, pretty minor considering how bushy the thing was. all in all a good, safe day.
alohas

Worked on the ground today , wasn't my turn to climb loaded the truck completely by 9:30 am and removed 4 decent size elms by lunch , made enough to finish payroll and thats that til MONDAY , tomorrow I get to fix my yard since the fence guys left it a mess , I have to say that there are some good contractors out there and some ok contractors

Spent way too long on a 90' Pecan today. I was only supposed to cut a few stubs off from storm damage and treat it for web worms. I ended up getting two throw bags stuck in the tree and had to set my line with a pole saw. I hate doing that. Pole saws always invariably nick the crap out of the line when you are trying to pull them back through. That's why I hardly ever do it. I like to baby my ropes (especially my climbing line).

Anyway, I got up there and ended up taking out all of the hangers as well as the broke off stubs that I saw and leveled up the canopy real nice for them. The lady was ecstatic when she saw her tree. Told me to give her another card so she could refer me. That's what I like; Happy clients.

Got to look at a big Sycamore tomorrow.

Spent way too long on a 90' Pecan today. I was only supposed to cut a few stubs off from storm damage and treat it for web worms. I ended up getting two throw bags stuck in the tree and had to set my line with a pole saw. I hate doing that. Pole saws always invariably nick the crap out of the line when you are trying to pull them back through. That's why I hardly ever do it. I like to baby my ropes (especially my climbing line).

Anyway, I got up there and ended up taking out all of the hangers as well as the broke off stubs that I saw and leveled up the canopy real nice for them. The lady was ecstatic when she saw her tree. Told me to give her another card so she could refer me. That's what I like; Happy clients.

I like Pecans, (to eat), wish we had more here.
Jeff :)

Yeah, hate to get that second throwline stuck too.

nova and two thirds:monkey:

Boom! Thanks rope!

I would love to regale you all with tales of the incredibly manly tree-related stuff I did today but the truth is I took my long suffering wife out to the best restaraunt in our local area had a great lunch then slept it off! Some times its about the little stuff dontcha know.

Boom! Thanks rope!

I would love to regale you all with tales of the incredibly manly tree-related stuff I did today but the truth is I took my long suffering wife out to the best restaraunt in our local area had a great lunch then slept it off! Some times its about the little stuff dontcha know.

I will be glad when I can afford to again!

####! I came home with two cases, a bottle of Quervo ,some triple sec ,some limes and a couple lobsters, she asked me how much. Well #### that! I was out this morning climbing sticks and taking chances and thank God I didn't get the throwline stuck cause I wouldn't have made it back home by 1 to take her and Sarah to the pool.
I offered to take her out for dinner and all, you know for some some lobster bisque and a nice salad but she was saying all about "that cost money" though she comes in with 400 dollar curtains. Curtains!!!?? Who the #### pays attention to curtains? Especially when yer drunk!!?? You know how much beer, Tequlia, triple sec, limes and lobster I could have got for 400 bucks? A throwline is like 25. That is stuff a man can actually use.
I have to say I haven't been drunk in years .

Last edited:
I wasn't gonna go outside today but I got a call last night about a scheduled job I was supposed to do before the end of the month so I went out today. Nothing major, just had to climb a few and notch one down in tight quarters.
All went really well, the Ho's were helping. They were doing their thing, I was doing mine, I had to have them untie the lowering line a few times but the stayed clear. There was a dog and a little girl and a Mac 10-10. I pulled the dog's tongue out and showed everybody just how long a dog's tongue is, told the little girl not to climb on the dropped tree with the saws running all around and fired up the 10-10 which was pretty cool.It wasn't ancient but it was different. Ran loud and strong.
I left them loading brush into a brand new F150 and went home. I was hoping to to the job during the week when I could be by myself but they wanted to have people there to clean it up this weekend.

Triple sec... Now that's a waste of good money... :D

Well, I even bought salt, you know, for the rim of the glass.
The triple sec smooths out the lime and I am pretty sure you can just use an orange anyway. Nothing says " #### off world" better than a margarita, well, maybe a gin martini.

I was at this " function" a while ago, it was in a ritzy hotel and I ordered a dirty matrini. It was ten bucks! The bartender pointed at the sign which said " martinis ten bucks, cocktails 3.75" I told him to pour some gin in a glass with some olive juice and that settled that. What in the #### is vermouth anyhow?

Back