whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well my back is finally feeling better and what do you know now I have a hernia. I've had it for a year or two but just got worse I think I'm gonna need surgery which scares the he'll out of me. I hate doctors to begin with now I could be out of commission for a couple of months. Worried I'm not gonna be able to keep up with bills if I can't climb. WTF! Give me a brake!

That sucks...I have one that got a lot larger humping stuff about two months ago and am now on a month of no heavy lifting or excessive standing , so no work essentially. Hoping it might get better!

Thanks everyone for the support it is much appreciated. Gonna try to work today and in the mean time get into nthe doctors to get this taking care. Hopefully I can nip it in the butt quick so I can get back to work before thr busy season. I still have a bunch of work from the storm to get to but hey they are going to have to wait. If anyone knows any good climbers in the area that want some extra work. I hate putting ads out for climbers too sketchy.

What part of PA are you in? I wouldnt rule out giving you a hand aslong as you are in western PA. Depends on the weather around here to. Its suppposed to get warm and rain later today and tomorrow and then get cold wednesday and beyond so if ground gets good then its on here. But either way if you need temp help I may be able to. And like sgreanbeans said, call people. A phone call update is a very good thing. You prolly know that though. I have had 2 herinias myself. Left side and right side. I think mesh in both. First time I was bout 23 so it didnt seem like much. Hurt like heck first day then I was at the bar within 3 days and working within 2 weeks. Not saying that was smart though and I doubt I was lifting big wood, but climbing for sure. Second time I was about 34 and it was different ball game. Hurt for a few days and hard to walk far or stand long for the first week or so. I know I was layed up ,work wise, for more like a month to 5 weeks. Plus it was in the winter so it really didnt matter. My advice is do it asap and plan on 6 to 8 weeks off of heavy work. But you can sure as heck point at things and rake

Thanks everyone for the support it is much appreciated. Gonna try to work today and in the mean time get into nthe doctors to get this taking care. Hopefully I can nip it in the butt quick so I can get back to work before thr busy season. I still have a bunch of work from the storm to get to but hey they are going to have to wait. If anyone knows any good climbers in the area that want some extra work. I hate putting ads out for climbers too sketchy.

Then don't do it. What do you need me to climb?

And it you want I will bring a razor blade, vise grips and duct tape... take care of that little operation for ya, have ya good as.... well dead but at least you won't have to go to the doctor.

Pulled over 6 trees and cut them to log length. HO is gonna clean up the brush and then have me come in with my loader and stack all the logs up for him. Got 7 more trees to go yet at this job.

217857d1326748246-lenard-jpg

What part of PA are you in? I wouldnt rule out giving you a hand aslong as you are in western PA. Depends on the weather around here to. Its suppposed to get warm and rain later today and tomorrow and then get cold wednesday and beyond so if ground gets good then its on here. But either way if you need temp help I may be able to. And like sgreanbeans said, call people. A phone call update is a very good thing. You prolly know that though. I have had 2 herinias myself. Left side and right side. I think mesh in both. First time I was bout 23 so it didnt seem like much. Hurt like heck first day then I was at the bar within 3 days and working within 2 weeks. Not saying that was smart though and I doubt I was lifting big wood, but climbing for sure. Second time I was about 34 and it was different ball game. Hurt for a few days and hard to walk far or stand long for the first week or so. I know I was layed up ,work wise, for more like a month to 5 weeks. Plus it was in the winter so it really didnt matter. My advice is do it asap and plan on 6 to 8 weeks off of heavy work. But you can sure as heck point at things and rake

Raking is how I got thing ####ing thing! Well no not really but I agitated pitch forking stump grindings the other day. Im in eastern pa Berks county a little far for you but thanks.

Was at the Cleveland Clinic today and saw this projection on the wall. I thought it was really cool. It moves as if they wind was blowing and I hear it changes color and drops its leaves to. If I ever build a mansion a gonna get me a forest of these.

Heading to american arborist in the morning to pick some stuff up. I tried out that lock jack, I got today. I am not 100% sold on it. My hands were almost numb so I will have to give it another try. It seemed like it keep try to twist when I was decending. Gotta play with it some more, If I still dont like it, its gonna be for sale cheap.

Was at the Cleveland Clinic today and saw this projection on the wall. I thought it was really cool. It moves as if they wind was blowing and I hear it changes color and drops its leaves to. If I ever build a mansion a gonna get me a forest of these.
Pretty cool, isn't it? I saw that last year when I went down for my carpal tunnel tests. Someday the Clinic will take over the whole city.
Phil

I'll take Plas any day over gaygay and fortheazz. The kid was actually pretty cool after awhile.

When i worked with Plas I kept a VERY short leash on him. The first time I actually made him pay me. I brought him in on few of my jobs, it was difficult.
When I went to Aston to help with his jobs I realized he was full of it. There was alot of miscommunication ( purposeful I think) with his clients which came down on me. I tried to talk with him but he was full of it. He wouldn't listen, he was lost in the sauce. I had to suck it up. I made sure NC got what he needed for the day on the poplar job and didn't have to get into to much.

The last time I had him come up he dropped the ball so hard I told him to beat it. He wasn't listening to what I was telling him, ended up with a notch headed towards the house and he was about to hang himself with his own rope. I was pretty pissed. I mean for him to disregard instructions and end up bamboozling himself ( and me) time and again was to much. Yeah, you see a lot of guys like this. They are fooling themselves and think since they bought their own bull#### you will too.

What he thought was reality and what was reality were two different things. He liked the idea but there was no part about him that was going to toe the line. What I thought was a just greenhorn was really a guy with a head full of snow. A poser indeed. I doubt he will peek his head out of the covers anytime soon.

A lot of working with the guy was for myself to see if what I just said is a real trait in people or misconception. I don't really want to beleive it but its a real trait. Its alien to guys like us.

Back