whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear that man... Mine is at my feet now... He's getting old. Not looking forward to the day I lose him.

Same here, our rescue mutt is over eleven. We recently had to drop $1100 to get some nine teeth pulled on him, the periodontal disease was causing his liver enzymes to rise. My wife was crying all the way to the vet.

For some reason it will not allow me to upload a pic?? I cropped it down pretty small...

Last edited:
Had to put my dog down today. RIP Murphy.

my condollences man.. not an easy thing..

our dog is 13 now and his time will be coming.. our best friend and only child..wife and I gonna have a hard time with that ..

my condollences man.. not an easy thing..

our dog is 13 now and his time will be coming.. our best friend and only child..wife and I gonna have a hard time with that ..

My Dad and step mom are in the same boat. She doesn't have any kids but I left a lab\great dane mix there 12 years ago. He sleeps in they're bed and they're not little. If she buys steaks for dinner he gets one. Hell he's 1\2 of what she talks about. She's gunna need to be seriously sedated when that ol pup croaks. He's probably put in 50k riding in my trucks.

Im not responsible enough to have a dog (travel to much really) But I do miss my old dog. He's in my profile

Zale- Sorry to hear that man, never good, those deals. Like AJ, I dont have a dog,had one and she died, like u, it was very hard for me, been looking for a pup German Shepard for a long time, holding out till I find one, but then I hear this and I become hesitant again, don't wanna go thru that pain again. :cheers:

Its painful enough living Iowa.....just kidding beans. Reason I threw in the Iowa is becaus this cowboy usaully hits the hay about 930 and im in Hawaii. What im getting at is its 1130 here and your in iowa so you better be up drinking coffee planning the day. Not on the party seen blowing all that hard earned tree $:hmm3grin2orange:

My Dad and step mom are in the same boat. She doesn't have any kids but I left a lab\great dane mix there 12 years ago. He sleeps in they're bed and they're not little. If she buys steaks for dinner he gets one. Hell he's 1\2 of what she talks about. She's gunna need to be seriously sedated when that ol pup croaks. He's probably put in 50k riding in my trucks.

Im not responsible enough to have a dog (travel to much really) But I do miss my old dog. He's in my profile

nice lookin dog man. wish they could just stay young.

Today?

Day 1 of a two day job. taking down and cleaning up about a dozen spruce. Half are medium to large, the other half are pretty small. We're using a container for the branches and useless wood and have a guy with a clam picking up the rest for himself. We don't pay the clam guy and he doesn't pay us, but we both benefit.

And it was stinky hot and the blackflies are out. Bleah! :msp_tongue:

Thanks for everyone's thoughts. Murphy was 14 so it was not a surprise. About 2 years ago I got another dog who I called jokingly "back up dog". It really helped my wife deal with the loss. She is already looking online for another rescue to keep "back up dog" company.

Worked all day in the rain. Coffee tastes really good right now.

Today?

Day 1 of a two day job. taking down and cleaning up about a dozen spruce. Half are medium to large, the other half are pretty small. We're using a container for the branches and useless wood and have a guy with a clam picking up the rest for himself. We don't pay the clam guy and he doesn't pay us, but we both benefit.

And it was stinky hot and the blackflies are out. Bleah! :msp_tongue:

Welcome back, long time no post! Yeah they were out in full force here in Ontario as well! I was in your native province last week!

Today was a holiday here in Canada "Victoria Day" so just hanged with the family all day in/out of our neighbours pool all day. Got a sweet insurance job for this week, 5 fire damaged mature sugar maples from a fire I was at as a volunteer a week ago, insurance company said they have to be removed (as per the home owners request) was a big shop that was fully involved when we pulled up at 0400 am! Should be a day or 2 job. Get to use our bobcat with the new grapples we just got! No lawn to tear up so we can go crazy with it! Gonna be another good week!

Welcome back, long time no post! Yeah they were out in full force here in Ontario as well! I was in your native province last week!

Been busy stinking up the politcal forum of late. Thought I'd come up for air. :msp_thumbup:

We weren't sure if we were going to get busted for working today - meaning the neighbours would come over and tell us the shut the **** up - but we were at end of a dead end so it went well. And we didn't bring the chipper so that made things much quieter.

A couple of years ago on Victoria Day a thwaddle of old ladies showed up where we were cleaning up a downed tree and made it clear that we and our noise were not at all welcome. So we left. Gotta be civil sometimes.

Man it's a holiday here in the states as while; I decided to take today and tomorrow off :)

Today was a holiday here in Canada "Victoria Day" so just hanged with the family all day in/out of our neighbours pool all day. Got a sweet insurance job for this week, 5 fire damaged mature sugar maples from a fire I was at as a volunteer a week ago, insurance company said they have to be removed (as per the home owners request) was a big shop that was fully involved when we pulled up at 0400 am! Should be a day or 2 job. Get to use our bobcat with the new grapples we just got! No lawn to tear up so we can go crazy with it! Gonna be another good week!

We got a job lined up just like that. Guys barn went up with all his equipment in it. Damaged about 12 trees surrounding the building including a few big oaks. We can get the chipper back there and shoot everything into the woods and the wood stays too. I love insurance work

Had a fun one today not really, more like a pita ash. The trunk growing against the house did a nice droop over the house. Only had one ground guy so I had to take a porty up in the tree with me to help out. Managed to get three of the four trees topped out though, we did pretty good. Going back tomorrow to take the other one down, load up the wood and collect.

View attachment 239012

View attachment 239013

Last edited:
finally got this truck finished and back to work this morning

Copy3ofIMG_0013.jpg

Planted one of three rows of my garden...today is a Stat Holiday up here (Victoria Day). Got the spuds(Red Pontiac) and 200 onion sets in (Spanish and Red), plus zucchini, spaghetti squash and a type of summer squash called 8 ball. The soil is wicked dry and a clodded up here, so I had to water the other two rows with gallons of water; that plus the rain forecasted for tomorrow will hopefully mean I can work the soil to plant smaller seeds...carrots, swiss chard, herbs, beets, spinich, lettuce plus the beans. Tomato plants will remain indoors another week.....frost a distinct possibilty here in Alberta until 1 June.

Back