whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spent 8 hrs. in the rain yesterday with the well guy trying to get a burn out water pump out of the well. When the backhoes and cutting torches come out I know it's going to be expensive. Well is right underneath the primaries so I had to get power company to come out and shut everything down at the street. Back to tree work today. Hopefully when I get done I'll have a new pump and I can get the power back on.
Phil

Picked up the new harness yesterday. Think I'm going to be very pleased with it. I took a few minutes to hang in it and make some adjustments and I think I have it where I want it. The main difference that was a necessity to me was the large D's. The bridge can also be setup as a floater or I can clip into any of the loops for a specific stationary tie in in a variety of positions. Also the removable suspenders which get it classified as a fall arrest harness and will also make those large saws hang a helluva lot better. It's much heavier than the Kolibri I've been using but I just never trusted that saddle, maybe because it was so light, I don't know. I've just used so many Buckingham saddles over the years that I've really grown to appreciate how beefy and durable they not only feel, but ARE. Here's some pics. Take it easy on the comments boys, that's gonna be my wife in a few weeks.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Cleaned out the radiator on the chipper, I have a pre-screen infront of the big screen, when I pulled that one off, I noticed a bunch of leaf debris down behind the main screen? About a inch of loose junk, how in the hell did that get in there? Thought I prevented that, used the Lint Lizard for dryers on it, worked pretty good, blew out the radiator real good and then power washed it, can tell a difference just by looking, could tell that there was a build up of small dust particle's on all the fins. Still trying to fig on how that got in there, had to have sucked it up from the bottom. Oh well, we will see. While doing that, I had the boys pull EVERYTHING out of the bucket, holy cow, can u stick alot of crap in one of those. 100lb crap 10lb bag.

Check for dust chip crud building up on or inside the elec motor housing can bring grief to the motor.

Is your chip bin roof or side vented to allow the blow back a way out we have paper back tree here that will clog your radi screen fast.

Picked up the new harness yesterday. Think I'm going to be very pleased with it. I took a few minutes to hang in it and make some adjustments and I think I have it where I want it. The main difference that was a necessity to me was the large D's. The bridge can also be setup as a floater or I can clip into any of the loops for a specific stationary tie in in a variety of positions. Also the removable suspenders which get it classified as a fall arrest harness and will also make those large saws hang a helluva lot better. It's much heavier than the Kolibri I've been using but I just never trusted that saddle, maybe because it was so light, I don't know. I've just used so many Buckingham saddles over the years that I've really grown to appreciate how beefy and durable they not only feel, but ARE. Here's some pics. Take it easy on the comments boys, that's gonna be my wife in a few weeks.

I
attachment.php

attachment.php

Are you mocking me?
Hey that last shot is the best but she's not arching her back showing her butt. Shes just undoing the leg strap and you ran around and took the pic from behind......smooth.
btw best saddle ever.
My flat ass loves the suspenders.
I run a HDT roller on a large carabiner and the small, red rigging plate from sherrill. 1 hole for hdt and beaner to connect to bridge the other 2 holes for my climb lines.

Last edited:
Demo'd a morbark model 14 chipper yesterday. It does make a big difference, but the question is does it make a $47,000 difference. It was 5 times louder then my current chipper. The chips are smaller then my current machine. I tried getting it jammed up, but even throwing 2 4" branchs that were all twisted up in it at the same time, and all i had to do was push the lever a little bit for a little more yoke pressure, and they went right in. Very nice machine. Here some pics.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Demo'd a morbark model 14 chipper yesterday. It does make a big difference, but the question is does it make a $47,000 difference. It was 5 times louder then my current chipper. The chips are smaller then my current machine. I tried getting it jammed up, but even throwing 2 4" branchs that were all twisted up in it at the same time, and all i had to do was push the lever a little bit for a little more yoke pressure, and they went right in. Very nice machine. Here some pics.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Told ya! No clogging. We got a lot of nice and new chippers, the guy's really like this one. Ours has about 80 hours and is the smallest chipper we have. Great for coral, palm, podocarpus,etc.. I would not really use it for big removal's. It is a very nice machine.
Jeff

You probably don't need any advice, but I just want to say that if you trucks and chipper's are parked over-nite in a not-so secure place, do not leave the jack on the tongue, lock it inside the truck.
Jeff

Good advice. The jack was only on it because the sales man droppedit so I could hook it to the truck. Whydid you say you wont use it for big removals?

Im 50 plus years old and every inche of my body hurts today; don't think ill do anything today :)

LOL!, Good for you, though,
I will bet $1.00 that is your wall paper on your computer!
Jeff :msp_tongue::cheers:

Pm me and i will tell you where you can send me that dollar at. lol. Its not my wallpaper. I dont know what was worse, getting out there, or coming back. That branch bounced so much when it had nothing on the end of it, and my primary tie in was at the same height as i was at. The more i climb the more i am comfortable doing stuff like that. I know that it is a normal everyday thing for most climbers, but i use my bucket most of the time.

Pm me and i will tell you where you can send me that dollar at. lol. Its not my wallpaper. I dont know what was worse, getting out there, or coming back. That branch bounced so much when it had nothing on the end of it, and my primary tie in was at the same height as i was at. The more i climb the more i am comfortable doing stuff like that. I know that it is a normal everyday thing for most climbers, but i use my bucket most of the time.

That was a removal, right?
Jeff :msp_thumbup:

did a big insurance job last night, craned off a big old maple from A garage and house, finished and 11:00pm got home by midnight, freekin got soaked!!! Overall good week and night to cap it off! got lots of pics and videos will post later! Went to my husky shop today and bought a new 346 xp and 562xp. Gonna break em in good this week !!!

Back