whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didnt do much today my two boys had a two hour late start for school so I slept in a little. Dropped the boys off and went to the yard and took the alternator off to have rebuilt. Stopped by my sign place and had 7 signs made for 15 bucks apiece, they are the same type as the political signs.

My log loader should be done by the first of the week, I had some welding done on it, nothing too serious.
Came home grilled a couple big ribeyes for the wife and me and the kids had tv dinners.

Removed the limb off a big White Oak that customers husband used to hang himself...

Sipping Whisky now...

Been there, done that... a couple times. Alls I know is that when the time comes I'm using black walnut. Hanging yerself from an oak tree is just too passe' when there is such a variety out there.

It was a day. Blakes gets a treat.
se3yqeda.jpg

Dam, dude, dam. That's hardcore! Tom Selleck ain't got nothing on you.

Twas a half day of school for my lil chitlin today. I had to pick her up at 11 which means I get in the pick-up line at 10 soes I can grab her quick. I spent the hour reading an article in Rolling Stone about how the NRA is killing us and dozed for a spell listening to the soft rain revelling to the smell of my new truck.
Then we drove up to Longstreth to get a new softball bat since she ovaled her last one beating it on the chainlink fence posts. I should have handed out one of my cards considering they had trees that needed pruned off the buildings but the women in there seemed a little dykey and appeared to take offense to my manly stature. I dunno, maybe its me, maybe its them but I still was a little nervous... especially when i saw what they were charging for ball bats.
So we did lunch all civil and such then went to Target for basis staples and such. The kid was tossing outfits and toys in the cart telling me I had to buy them. I said "no" and told her that she should have brough her purse considering I am paying 20 bucks per tooth plus the fact that she can whine 50 bucks out of me without even trying very hard. So she has a knot of cash that she don't want to spend when she can spend mine. Dam smart for seven I suppose, I give her 5 bucks for every test she aces, which is all of them, (thanks mom) I am going broke... happily. I am surprised we got out of there for 48 bucks. Ten of which was for clothes hangers and I don't even use clothes hangers, I just stuff that #### into a drawer you know.
We got home around two without me driving into the river on purpose and played ball for awhile. I made up some excuse for not being able to get on the ####ing tramapoline and then rode our bikes around the corner to 84 year old Mrs. Ludwick's where I implored her to tell me how to survive.
She told me her father built a house out of brick, lost it in The Great Depression then built another out of stone right next to the first one then showed me a picture of her 1949 Subaru. The old man got the stone from clearing farm land and the house still stands today. She usually pours a couple glasses of wine but we had to beat it to karate.
After I dumped lil chitlin off there I hit the gas station where I talked it up with some contractors and handed out some cards then made for the leekwo sto. Then my X best friend's X wife called me to tell me she was on her way over so I could put a battery in her car, her and her " boy" stayed for dinner which ended up winding my kid up so much she was throwing clementines at me til I tossed one back then it was her and her mother telling how mean I am til the lil chitlin got a bath, gave me a hug and went to ####ing bed! Alls quiet on the western front but I am still locked and cocked ready to slit the throat of the first enemy that appears on the horizon. Don't let it be you cause we all know we can't stand each other but deep down we know we need each other and don't forget it.

Last edited:
Although it was and still is a beautiful day, the stress level was high. We got thru it and that is why it is still a beautiful day,,
Jeff :msp_wink:

Im wondering, can you get a med card for having high stress? If so, sign my up!

Although it was and still is a beautiful day, the stress level was high. We got thru it and that is why it is still a beautiful day,,
Jeff :msp_wink:

Gee, I could have said the same thing without 6 paragraphs but I am too stubborn to let anyone but Dan drive my trucks to the gas station. Last time I did it cost me 4 grand. Dan wasn't to happy either.

I have a couple " one man" jobs coming up and one " a bunch of men" job to do. Of course I should have help but I will post pics just the same... if I am still alive.

I've got my insane deathtrap of a lawn mower set to romp, I am glad for some easy work. I think I have an old playset to TD, it should be fun although I still need to find a place to dump it, its trash.

One of my clients wants me to TD a little 40 foot spruce, its strange how their yard is littered with old washing machines and odd steel. I am going to take it to the recycling center for a couple bucks and have the Power Wagon weighed. I looked online and it said it weighed 8k but someone told me it only weighs around 5600. I kinda thought your regular half ton 4x4 weighed around 6, the power wagon is a 3/4.

I usually take scrap in exchange for other scrap. I am pretty sure the ticket said my old 1/2 ton was 6 and my red dump truck was 9. Other than that, you know I ain't going anywhere near a weigh station regardless.

Last edited:
Gee, I could have said the same thing without 6 paragraphs but I am too stubborn to let anyone but Dan drive my trucks to the gas station. Last time I did it cost me 4 grand. Dan wasn't to happy either.

I have a couple " one man" jobs coming up and one " a bunch of men" job to do. Of course I should have help but I will post pics just the same... if I am still alive.

I've got my insane deathtrap of a lawn mower set to romp, I am glad for some easy work. I think I have an old playset to TD, it should be fun although I still need to find a place to dump it, its trash.

One of my clients wants me to TD a little 40 foot spruce, its strange how their yard is littered with old washing machines and odd steel. I am going to take it to the recycling center for a couple bucks and have the Power Wagon weighed. I looked online and it said it weighed 8k but someone told me it only weighs around 5600. I kinda thought your regular half ton 4x4 weighed around 6, the power wagon is a 3/4.

I usually take scrap in exchange for other scrap. I am pretty sure the ticket said my old 1/2 ton was 6 and my red dump truck was 9. Other than that, you know I ain't going anywhere near a weigh station regardless.

I cut down a treeView attachment 291366View attachment 291367

I walked the grinder 5 football fields at the blistering pace of 1 mph , I fell asleep once and ran my foot over daydreaming looking at the turkey buzzards circling because they thought I was dead
evy6y8az.jpg
ru6ymy9e.jpg
that's my truck we took it at the halfway mark because it was a spec , all because it rained last nite LOL

Freakin snow this morning! Fired up the woodstove today. Whisky headaches suck...

It snowed here to. I just shook my head. The fire sounds like a good idea but I dont wanna clean the fireplace out again. I went to my daughters soccer game in Shaker Heights and froze my butt off. Crazy for April 20th

I walked the grinder 5 football fields at the blistering pace of 1 mph , I fell asleep once and ran my foot over daydreaming looking at the turkey buzzards circling because they thought I was dead
evy6y8az.jpg
ru6ymy9e.jpg
that's my truck we took it at the halfway mark because it was a spec , all because it rained last nite LOL

Maybe you lost a few pounds!

Does anyone know what this is on my sand cherries
u5uzy4u8.jpg
they were sprayed to no avail , they look healthy
rarybaqu.jpg
this is my tomorrow project after softball
6y9epapu.jpg
qydumyja.jpg
trying to get the yard in order so I can start fishing
u6uqubu9.jpg

Back