whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The $200 he owes you is chump change. It is dead money. You know it, and of course he does as well. He might have considerable experience playing that game. Teaching the deadbeat a lesson in business ethics is a waste of a limited diminishing resource (your time).

I will, in one way or another reach total satisfaction regarding this issue. Not about the money at his point, but I appreciate and understand your point of view.

Had a friend who didn't get paid once. Good sized job, truck load of stumps and logs and another filled with chips. Happily gave them all back to the guy, right on the front lawn.:msp_smile:

Oh, it's going that way quick. He has a new build on a VERY secluded lot with one tiny access road in :)

One of my clients called this morning, looked at a maple removal for him and his neighbor about a month ago; big red maple behind the house. I just told him roughly 10K and that was it. He called this morning to tell me that the neighbor got a price of 6K for it. Went out with a friend to look at a job for him, the two of us took a ride by just for ####s and giggles, we were both in agreement at the 10K range. Stopped and picked up a 2890 from a friend of mine so that I can do a few grinding jobs tonight and tomorrow, did 2 BS ones tonight... nothing great, but it's progress. Just hoping that things pick up... or that some of my competitors drop dead.

Any pictures of this 10K unicorn? I know certain parts of CT are ritzy, but 10K on a single maple is serious.......

Got a call from the guy that I removed the bamboo for. His guy was regrading part of his yard and found a big stump. Needed to get it ground last night. it was just about dark when I got there but got it done.

This heat sucks. Only working till noon. So freakin tired of my eyes being burnt out of my skull with salt from my sweat.

Hot here yesterday so I took the day off and looked at and indoor job to lift a guy to replace some ceiling tile over a hotel pool. All I have to do is drive the lift through the front door with 1/2" of height clearance, past the reception desk, into the pool atrium and around the backside of the pool on the left of the pic. (Oh, and please initial the contract where it reads that we're not responsible for the floor surface or anything underground). Should make some great pics if they decide to go forward with the project.
Phil
View attachment 313932
View attachment 313933

not if i register it under 17,000

Go ahead. Dot is pulling people over doing that and then when they are over weight are charging $2 a pound othat they are over. That truck most likely weighs around 12k so you will be only able to put 5k of weight in it. Not much when you start thinking about it.

Go ahead. Dot is pulling people over doing that and then when they are over weight are charging $2 a pound othat they are over. That truck most likely weighs around 12k so you will be only able to put 5k of weight in it. Not much when you start thinking about it.

What the #### whatever! The truck weighs around 7500lbs and the dump "might" weigh around 1500lbs, IT IS ALUMINUM.:dizzy: If I register it at 16999lbs that leave me plenty of weight to spare.

What the #### whatever! The truck weighs around 7500lbs and the dump "might" weigh around 1500lbs, IT IS ALUMINUM.:dizzy: If I register it at 16999lbs that leave me plenty of weight to spare.

My one ton weighs 7800 with dump and its tagged at 19k what is all this inspection stuff I hear ? Anyway I have been very close several times weight wise but I have the highest tag available for it.

Yeah, there's no way that truck ways 12K. My F800 with 17 yard steel chip box is only 12,300 with two guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Hear ya been brutal this week I decided to stay home today :) Got a summer cold or allergy and in the heat it ain't worth the way you will feel at supper.

Same here been nursing a cold for 2 days and the heat makes it worse, sucks trying to sleep at night too. I worked yesterday and did a speed line job, a birch and 2 oaks on a steep bank behind the house. Came home feeling like I got beat with a 2x4. Got some action from the job on my phone.

[video=youtube_share;Vzj5ft9_2fQ]http://youtu.be/Vzj5ft9_2fQ[/video]

My 3500 dodge weighs in at 9600 lbs so I highly dought that truck only weighs that much. Do you what you want. You will be the one that pays the fine.

The semi annual inspection is a dot thing. All trucks weighing over 17k must be inspected every 6 months per the federal goverment.

Back