whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Helped out the competition today. Brought the Crane out to help
5446f06862315e04a168f7b12f474545.jpg
57dceea37525f9d91415491e7932993b.jpg
it really makes me wonder wtf is up. They came with no ropes, no Climber, no chipper. I lately don't like helping other tree guys because they say can you bring the Crane to help put it on the ground: that's supposed to mean I BRING THE CRANE AND PUT IT ON GROUND instead I have to lift you on the roof because you can't get in the tree tell you to tie the butt of the log off so it doesn't hit the house, direct you on what cuts to make, when to undercut it, when not to, use my rope because you didn't bring one, eventually jump off the Crane to cut the wood so I can gtfoh! I might add well have done the job my self.

And to top or off they didn't need a Crane on the first place! They could have tied it off in 2 or 3 places, started cuttingand just lowered it down. Life.

You are just enabling them.

Started building my own website. I was pretty good with computers when I was in school and watched a few YouTube videos on using Wordpress. Figured it looked pretty easy. Well my website is lame as hell. Gunna have to hire a professional. Now I know how the homeowners that watch a few YouTube videos on tree cuttin feel when they realize they are in over there head.

Started building my own website. I was pretty good with computers when I was in school and watched a few YouTube videos on using Wordpress. Figured it looked pretty easy. Well my website is lame as hell. Gunna have to hire a professional. Now I know how the homeowners that watch a few YouTube videos on tree cuttin feel when they realize they are in over there head.
Lol. I tried on my own. And quickly realized that I had no business doing one on my own. I hated a pro. You don't want to half ass your advertising. I've seen so many hack job websites with bad grammar, and Busch league graphics. It's just embarrassing

Yeah I can do a better job myself than a lot of websites I've seen but I couldn't figure out how to fine tune and edit some of the things I wanted to do. I figure I can make one on par with or better than most of my competitions sites but it still wasn't going to be up to my standards. Wife was at a bachelorette party last night and one of the other girls husbands was in IT and designed sites, they also had a dead ash tree. Maybe we can work something out?

I think most tree guys do, it's the dead beat old Milwaukee meth head Craigslist guys that drive prices down.

No. Not always. There are some larger companies in my area that price some work (stump grinding and removals) at or below cost to spite their competition and get into areas. It's stupid but it's their arse on the line. Me, I just wait this out and spend wisely.

Took the day off today and back to storm work tomarrow. This storm is going to set me good for winter and maybe get a lot bought too.

Out Making messes for my migos to clean up Monday morning :)
ed7e1b11c3ef804ac5dbddfc6d80d8cf.jpg
edd14f2b7c3e312f910f1c0e61c30ed5.jpg
5584bec4b6ce28db3f9263e72da1ff1b.jpg

d32fc79d04978553b40bf0ec8838a28a.jpg
0aea7cab1e5e7b6eef55d792e3194356.jpg
Do you go in ahead of the ground crew and cut and they come in the next day and clean up ? Just asking because it looks like it would be more efficient to have them chip as you cut. I would not want to be fighting all them limbs out of that pile to feed the chipper.

I usually don't but these jobs were at a daycare and a school so I wanted to stop in when they were empty, with out allot of kids and teachers and cars in the way. I'm going to use my new (to me) mini to drag everything out and chip it. Well they are.

We didnt have that many with out power. My main work area is around 120k, this is western iowa.

Back