whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We got a lil micro burst here. Picked up a day and a half out of it. Priced out a week long job yesterday at 13.xxxK waiting for my storm check to come in from the revere tornado. Looking forward to putting a big chunk of scoot away that isn't already earmarked for a piece of equipment or a repair bill!

This year has been another great learning experience. If we continue to grow as we did this season, and continue to become more organized/profitable we should be able to really throw down with some of the big outfits our way. And our work isn't over yet, last winter we had zero advertising, so I'm expecting a much busier schedule this season. Not to mention our snow portfolio has grown considerably. Should be tearing my nonexistent hair out in no time!

Prepping for snow now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This was in April
15adb6ec1e05e25397e8c84b56bc2444.jpg

Can hardly wait. Got a jump on my firewood anyway. About five of the eight cords I need done. Yea. Just gotta get my arm back and work on the winter savings, and that's that. Another lovely season put to rest. **** it.

Can hardly wait. Got a jump on my firewood anyway. About five of the eight cords I need done. Yea. Just gotta get my arm back and work on the winter savings, and that's that. Another lovely season put to rest. **** it.

Have you ever done snow and ice management? It's blood money, but it's a great insulator over the winter months. I am doing two units priced seasonal for the first time this year. I dunno how I feel about that just quite yet given the forecast right now, but at least I can't lose my ass on them and they are back to back located a half mile from my yard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh my we got a cryer 99 percent dead ash tree that has about 127 leaves on it "but he promised he would call me to let me know when u were coming and he never came to look at the new leaves" omg! I asked if she wanted me to call forestry and send a guy out she's all no I'll trust u, then leave me alone!! And move your damn car while ur at it

To each his own. Didn't mention I paid cash for my crane and chipper this year from the proceeds of snow last year?
Three years ago we had a lot of snow two years ago we had 3 plowable snows totaling 12" last winter was killer so it can go good or bad after u dump tons of $ into snow

Three years ago we had a lot of snow two years ago we had 3 plowable snows totaling 12" last winter was killer so it can go good or bad after u dump tons of $ into snow
Exactly. 4-5 years ago that happened and put a few guys under. I don't put a ton of money into snow only equipment. I'm very well insulated from a snowless winter. I also have $70k in seasonal contracts. (I get paid regardless of whether it snows or not).

Did a little resto work to a fagnolia that had been racked real good. When I first saw it years ago I knew it would be a chore not to screw it up more.

First thing I just raised the canopy and skinned it off the house.

That was 8 years ago. About 4 years ago I went at the crown with a lift and set of hand loppers. Today I hit the center taking out some bigger leads coming off the knuckles and clearing out most of the epi shoots in there then reaching up with a pole to knock a little out of the tops. I call it broccoli.

I even re-arrange some branches.

I would have clipped a little but just wacked the sides with the long reach sheer.

One tree + 8 years = 1000 bucks... and its still standing!

I went after a nest with my silky, next thing I got baby skewerls clinging to my hand waiting to hear about the others being cut up live meat but the squealing stopped and both both were fine.

I ain't bringing any of these damn things home anymore! In fact I just got some traps and a .22 cal air rifle, its not for fun. I am going to have to lift the one shed and fill it in under there from the hogs.

Hell, I just might go into animal removal on the side.

Just going back to the beginning, about 4 years of this thread, its interesting. I came in on page ten when OD, The Vet and Jeff started at go. Jeff was talkative then, yeah, he never shut up.

Back