whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds as if developing a decent relationship with a firewood vendor might just save you from an acute case of anemia!

Death from a thousand cuts!

Whatever rows your boat mate...

jomoco

azuhyhyb.jpg
zezejeze.jpg

You gonna split these ****ers for firewood 47" American elm 51" cotton wood? There was a 53" cotton wood next to that lil one

Take a breath mate, and realize that that differing locales call for differing approaches to each job.

In my neck of the woods it's eucs, oaks and ash, all of which are considered highly
Desirable firewood. So developing a tight working relationship between whatever tree service with an in house crane, a firewood vendor with logging trucks, and a crane company with 120 ton capacities, all working together like a symphony increases everyone's bottom line profit on that job.

jomoco

Well I fully realize that AS, is not the sharpest saw in the tooltruck, but facts are facts, no matter how bloody your knuckles are from dragging the ground mate,

Work smarter!

jomoco

What're you, Australian now, "mate"? Jesus. Nice way to poke your head back in.. and after how many years.. insulting everybody right off the rip.

Where's old Dave when we need him! Oh wait, the "Big Kahuna" (lol) stuck his head in and ****ed that up. Now we just get to listen to this crap. Sweet.

Couldn't you have just flopped that thing at that point? I get topsoil for like $22 a yard. Just saying. Nice job though.

Probably. But the house we were working at was very very old. I didn't really want to risk compromising the foundation. I also rubbed the entry point with the crane on both sides by a c hair. It was a 40 yard march across a neighbors back yard on ply to get that crane where it was. We didn't want to be trucking anything more than we had to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gotcha. Had to throw a smart ass comment in there anyway.:laugh:
Duh, I would expect nothing less sir.

On another note, my main snow and ice client is requesting that I submit individual contracts on each property this year. (Up to now I've just been sending him pricing via email), about 30 commercial income multi family, apartment buildings. How I read this? He's shopping. I've done really, really well at my current pricing, I could afford to go down a bit, but should I? Decisions decisions.....

Speaking of winter... I think I'm gonna go back to sleep for a bit. Damn estimate @ 10:00.
Haha. It's like 45 out here right now. I too have an estimate in Cambridge at ten. Small job today up north after. Easy peasey

Latest posts

Back