whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We thought we would love that machine but finally got to demo one and didn't...none of us. We bought a new swinger last year. Had some early problems but they warrantied everything no problem.

I looked at the controls on the swinger. Two joysticks? Seems hard to operate the aux at the same time as the boom controls.

I looked at the controls on the swinger. Two joysticks? Seems hard to operate the aux at the same time as the boom controls.

Believe it or not that's what we liked about the swinger. I don't like the little elec. over hydraulic button for aux on the Gehl. Neither did my foreman. But hey, you have to realize I'm old school. I was running an old D6-8U Caterpillar on the farm I grew up long before you were born. Plus, to me, the 340 we demoed seemed "top heavy".

Well figured out that my truck has the slightest bit if play in the king pins so that's the first thing to replace then the steering gear so it should be around 1500 bucks.

Well figured out that my truck has the slightest bit if play in the king pins so that's the first thing to replace then the steering gear so it should be around 1500 bucks.
It doesn't have the old school Dayton wheels does it?

It's not for sale for anywhere near 40 brah !!! It's 52K for a 14 year old truck ... I dare you to pay that kinda money for it

Hey, Goober, not saying the truck is worth 52k, but people pay that much for a pickup, so think about that. Its no Stubs, but a decent treeman could make a hell of a return on that 50k, "brah". Just speaking from pure experience. That truck will go and set up where no forestry dogger will ever dream of. Adds up over the years. Not to mention it looks cool and chicks dig it. Lol.

Or just buy a whipped up forestry unit for 20k and go at it like that.:laugh:

When I was looking I couldn't find a rear mount for less than 45k. And they were from schmittys or that other place.
Just cause you can't find one doesn't mean a truck is worth that kinda money , this is one is a pretty nice truck , but rule of salesman are always 100% markup so when they unload them at auction for 20Gs yea they are gonna try and squeeze 40/50 outta someone . And for someone that wants a 4x4 rear mount 50 maybe a good investment ...... That being said don't mean that it's worth it

Back