whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang if we ain't got rain,,,mucho!
The little boy (El Nino) is crazy this year,,lot of trees down,,
We are spoiled here in so-cal so I have to take my hat off to my guy's,
so much work, good rain gear,,good driver's,,etc,,,
Jeff :cool:

Did a job for a heavy equipment mechanic today. Bunch of red maple and poplar removals. Gonna work out a barter with the guy. He's probably the best mechanic around but he sure doesn't like to pick up his dog's doo doo.

Oh geez, I left my truck parked under the pine tree to long , the sap hardened of the wiper blades and carved a little line in my windshield. I don't really care.

But dam, if there is not another glob of sap on there again.

e825bf172d8e7ea2ee0037744a7a880f.jpg

Waxed the 1590 for the first time. Been through three seasons and is starting to show some wear. Still runs like new but we are getting some rust spots here and there. You'd think bandit could at least prime their chippers before paint.

Waxed the 1590 for the first time. Been through three seasons and is starting to show some wear. Still runs like new but we are getting some rust spots here and there. You'd think bandit could at least prime their chippers before paint.
Yeah you spend $60,000 you would think you could get a couple years of no rust. My brother has the same machine and his paint was coming off in sheets . Lack of prep before paint job. Bandit stood behind it and repainted it

How many hours you got on her Blakes? Looks pretty to me. My 250 is only 3 months old but I haven't even scrubed it yet, just pressure washed. Feel a little guilty about it actually. image.jpg

I think they powder coat them. Our new Bandit stump grinder has all the hydraulic hoses painted. Looks like they powdered everything and baked it. What's that masking tape stuff?????

It's not powder coat. It's paint without primer. Same thing all the trailer companies do. A proper powder coat job will hold up far better than paint. Chipper has 886 hours on it.

It's not powder coat. It's paint without primer. Same thing all the trailer companies do. A proper powder coat job will hold up far better than paint. Chipper has 886 hours on it.
if the manufacturers did the proper preparation like acid dipping or media blasting to remove the mill scale on weldments, the paint or powder coat would last forever.

if the manufacturers did the proper preparation like acid dipping or media blasting to remove the mill scale on weldments, the paint or powder coat would last forever.

With the exception of where the machine catches rocks from its tires and the truck tires this is the main paint issue. Around the bolts on the hood. My guess is the bolts were stored in a light lubrication to prevent rust prior to assembly, not properly cleaned of oil and contaminates, pieced together and then painted. I had the control panel replaced under warrantee but bandit won't cover paint past one year.

72ea233d1c33342a35ffd33a3c0e6939.jpg

Back