whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's just what i need. A divorce, child support, a studio apartment, and a sexual harassment suit. No thanks. I did think about having her use a pipe to get more leverage to engage the chipper clutch.

I just don't want her to overexert herself and then hurt her back.

Sheeit! What do you think is gonna happen when you try to fire her? You ****ed up buddy, no, you really did.

Just overly cautious and physically weak. I'll give her more time. She shows up and has a clear history so that's good

I've had several girls/women as groundies. Except on the big removals, they have been as good or better than most guys. They tend to be more thorough on their clean up, especially cleaning hedging clippings out of the garden beds.

I've had lots of male groundies who are weak (me included), overly cautious (but strong) and big whiners. You need to assess the person as an individual regardless of their sex.

That's just what i need. A divorce, child support, a studio apartment, and a sexual harassment suit. No thanks. I did think about having her use a pipe to get more leverage to engage the chipper clutch.

I just don't want her to overexert herself and then hurt her back.

Engage the clucth? How small is she? My kid engages the chipper and he's 12!

Chaired one today, I think it was my first. 20 inch stone dead hickory. I was feeling a little sleepy, once I saw it start to go I pulled out and stepped behind another tree. I woke up pretty quick when I saw the trunk snap and the butt shoot up 15 feet. Thankfully it broke and fell to the ground leaving 15 feet of shard still on the hinge.

Is there a help wanted section in this deal? I'm hiring climbers. I offer competitive pay, relocation assistance, sign on bonus , liberal bonus program and lunch bought most days. Come work in the sunny south.

Is there a help wanted section in this deal? I'm hiring climbers. I offer competitive pay, relocation assistance, sign on bonus , liberal bonus program and lunch bought most days. Come work in the sunny south.

Okay, I found it. Guess I overlooked it.

Lunch brought?!?! What are we talking here? Cold cuts? Wendy's? Tofu? I might move to get a free meal.

Attended the crane safety climbers course down near Philadelphia put on by The Crane Man Inc.
Great course so far. Pete has done an excellent job lining up a good selection of instructors, venders and sponsors. Looking forward to tomorrow.
55816d48df830b67319a2b21339bbdb6.jpg
7b49ba3b9eebef766eeb19fab8050a6c.jpg
e433cdfbe356faf06618c8e9f401a153.jpg
ab5b4c7f468dbb263587896f7e0849fa.jpg

Attended the crane safety climbers course down near Philadelphia put on by The Crane Man Inc.
Great course so far. Pete has done an excellent job lining up a good selection of instructors, venders and sponsors. Looking forward to tomorrow.
55816d48df830b67319a2b21339bbdb6.jpg
7b49ba3b9eebef766eeb19fab8050a6c.jpg
e433cdfbe356faf06618c8e9f401a153.jpg
ab5b4c7f468dbb263587896f7e0849fa.jpg

Over the last few years there has been a lot of good activity with crane instruction around here. Used to be no one would touch trees but a few operators started their own businesses and had friends in the tree industry. These days there are quite a few good crane companies willing.

But I never did see so many climbers jumping at the chance to run the chipper though!

Back