whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did barely slept last night. I was up all night dwelling again on the dumpster and the boat. I finally dozed off around 3 am and dreamt I put a flatbed on my Power Wagon and had it parked in some lot in Center City Philly while I was at a bar. I had all my saws and stuff on the flatbed just sitting out and when I came back to get it had been stolen and I could see it going off down the street.

It was one of those dreams you wake up and think," Oh thank god, it was just a dream cause I was pretty scared for a minute." I know what it meant, just because I talk like a loon and am a loon doesn't mean I don't keep my stuff battened down. Always have to keep up on the peripherals, never get smug or complacent. Its Ok to take a break but to slack off is no good.

I ran out early this morning to finish them two spruce before it rained and got out of there just as it started sprinkling as a well tuned treeman would.

I am about beat as all hell. I am gonna take nap, water my dirt lawn and get ready to slap some shoes and drums on my dump truck tomorrow and hopefully be ready to start another job Thursday.

IMG_20160426_125811565-480x640.jpg IMG_20160426_125845680-480x640.jpg

Looked at this hung up balsalm fir last fall....homeowner asks me last week to get it done. Used porty to lower it and Honda winch. No helper, but still managed to be gone in under two hours. (includes 10+ minutes losing and recapturing gloves, and screwing around with throwbag).
IMG_20160426_144530414-480x640.jpg

Started on this Cottonweed today.. till we got too soaked and annoyed. I think some of it was stripped up here, can't remember. It's a bit further along now. At any rate, another sweet setup, and would have been a pleasure on a nice day. Bastard whore weather!!!

IMG_20160426_082248_922.jpg

Started on this Cottonweed today.. till we got too soaked and annoyed. I think some of it was stripped up here, can't remember. It's a bit further along now. At any rate, another sweet setup, and would have been a pleasure on a nice day. Bastard whore weather!!!

View attachment 500564

Bastard Whore Weather,,,,(BWW, I think I will used this!)
Jeff

13055737_10153542905202304_7203267428937755120_o.jpg

Our crew took down this big Russian olive today. We had to do it the old fashioned way since the bucket truck was getting repaired. Brought our new dump truck on its maiden job with us. Rich drove it here from Seattle this weekend. It needs a little TLC but it got the job done. We felled the other olive at the edge of the photo.

image.jpeg Met with a potential climber today. Seems sharp. Got to bull shatting about different tree scenarios and what not. Checked out his gear and it's nicer than mine, he has geckos and upper end climb lines and goodies. Seems pretty experienced, prunes to standards etc., and then...... He informs me he doesn't have a license. Som beech! It was going so well. Not a deal breaker but close to it for me. I hire more on character than anything else. We shall see.

Gonna relax with the wife and her friend. Kids are in bed.

View attachment 500585 Met with a potential climber today. Seems sharp. Got to bull shatting about different tree scenarios and what not. Checked out his gear and it's nicer than mine, he has geckos and upper end climb lines and goodies. Seems pretty experienced, prunes to standards etc., and then...... He informs me he doesn't have a license. Som beech! It was going so well. Not a deal breaker but close to it for me. I hire more on character than anything else. We shall see.

Gonna relax with the wife and her friend. Kids are in bed.
Give him a chance! Good climbers are hard to find license or not! Wife's friends number? [emoji7] haha

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Little storm work...

Attachments

• 60426_174228_HDR.jpg.jpeg
    60426_174228_HDR.jpg.jpeg
    276.4 KB · Views: 37
  • _20160426_183238.jpg.jpeg
    _20160426_183238.jpg.jpeg
    361.9 KB · Views: 35
  • _20160426_174304.jpg.jpeg
    _20160426_174304.jpg.jpeg
    32.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 60426_174300_HDR.jpg.jpeg
    60426_174300_HDR.jpg.jpeg
    181 KB · Views: 36
There is something living in that old rotten boat that leaves turds thicker than my own. I went up there today and blasted .22 mag shot shells down into the galley. There are plenty of groundhogs around which I have been planning on just using the Gamo on but whatever is in that boat has got me spooked. I climbed in it yesterday, when I saw the crap I jumped out post haste. I think its a coon, might be the one that was caught last month and I let go a few miles away. Some of the turds seemed fresh... and a lot seemed old. I don't like that boat, I don't like them turds that are in the boat, I can't wait to get that thing out of there.

One of the girls that boards her horse there also works at the landscape supply company I frequent. I don't buy landscape supplies, I go there to get beer out of their fridge and scowl at the scrapers and make fun of their little Felco holsters.

I had a small conversation with the girl today I was having lunch there. She told me that a kid that used to work for me completely fuct up his arm with a chainsaw working at Monster. I see the kid pretty much everyday driving by, I didn't know.

How I got the part time job driving for the landscape supply company was the owner said," We are really busy and since you are always down here drinking beer and riding along with Andrew ( the full time driver) what do you say I pay you to drive around and deliver the mulches?" I said," Sure! But remember that if and when anything goes wrong this was yer idea, I was fine drinking beer, ogling the girls you hired and scowling at the landscapers."

Its purely coincidence that we all know each other.

I dropped some equipment off on a small land-reclamation job today then beat it down to American Arborist to pick up knives. There was some guys there waiting to check out and we started talking. Nothing special, one kid admired my ear plugs, he told he doesn't wear anything. I didn't bother to tell him why I thought he was an idiot but he did ask me what I thought about the new comms systems and ask that since I wear ear plugs then how did I communicate with my crew. I told him by screaming and gave an example: I screamed," YO ********, STOP JERKING OFF, GET TO WORK AND THAT RAKE IS COMING OUT OF YER PAYCHECK!"

I didn't get the laughs I was expecting, more like everybody starting looking at me sideways and went back to browsing the shelves. I'll take it if I can get it.

In my defense I did that after he asked what I used to roll big logs. Uh, um, skid loader? Jeez, they got some crazy new fangled cant hook for 250 and change, I don't think that is for me. Its not the price tag, its the labor.

There was a hold up at the check out line, we were all waiting for awhile. I had to stand there so I wouldn't lose my place, I was bored. Sometimes I go there and there are old heads in there, we just laugh at each other.

There is something living in that old rotten boat that leaves turds thicker than my own. I went up there today and blasted .22 mag shot shells down into the galley. There are plenty of groundhogs around which I have been planning on just using the Gamo on but whatever is in that boat has got me spooked. I climbed in it yesterday, when I saw the crap I jumped out post haste. I think its a coon, might be the one that was caught last month and I let go a few miles away. Some of the turds seemed fresh... and a lot seemed old. I don't like that boat, I don't like them turds that are in the boat, I can't wait to get that thing out of there.

One of the girls that boards her horse there also works at the landscape supply company I frequent. I don't buy landscape supplies, I go there to get beer out of their fridge and scowl at the scrapers and make fun of their little Felco holsters.

I had a small conversation with the girl today I was having lunch there. She told me that a kid that used to work for me completely fuct up his arm with a chainsaw working at Monster. I see the kid pretty much everyday driving by, I didn't know.

How I got the part time job driving for the landscape supply company was the owner said," We are really busy and since you are always down here drinking beer and riding along with Andrew ( the full time driver) what do you say I pay you to drive around and deliver the mulches?" I said," Sure! But remember that if and when anything goes wrong this was yer idea, I was fine drinking beer, ogling the girls you hired and scowling at the landscapers."

Its purely coincidence that we all know each other.

I dropped some equipment off on a small land-reclamation job today then beat it down to American Arborist to pick up knives. There was some guys there waiting to check out and we started talking. Nothing special, one kid admired my ear plugs, he told he doesn't wear anything. I didn't bother to tell him why I thought he was an idiot but he did ask me what I thought about the new comms systems and ask that since I wear ear plugs then how did I communicate with my crew. I told him by screaming and gave an example: I screamed," YO ********, STOP JERKING OFF, GET TO WORK AND THAT RAKE IS COMING OUT OF YER PAYCHECK!"

I didn't get the laughs I was expecting, more like everybody starting looking at me sideways and went back to browsing the shelves. I'll take it if I can get it.

In my defense I did that after he asked what I used to roll big logs. Uh, um, skid loader? Jeez, they got some crazy new fangled cant hook for 250 and change, I don't think that is for me. Its not the price tag, its the labor.

There was a hold up at the check out line, we were all waiting for awhile. I had to stand there so I wouldn't lose my place, I was bored. Sometimes I go there and there are old heads in there, we just laugh at each other.

Uh, hope you are ok,,, we are here for you,,:cheers:
Jeff

Some of the turds seemed fresh... and a lot seemed old.

I'm thinking, correlation doesn't mean causation, but it can give a clue as to what's going on... so...
Try marking on a calendar the days that you get so wasted you can't remember when it was that you last took a dump. Do this with a blue crayon. And check the boat each day, and mark the days you find fresh turds. Do this with a red crayon.

After a month, see if the blue and red marks on the calendar fall on the same days...

Latest posts

Back