whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep. We do it quite frequently. As long as you stay within the limits of what the mini will pull, it works out great. We're able to lift limbs that weigh 1500 lbs or a bit more. It's kinda like having a little light duty crane. Notice there's a second BMG in the lower left corner of the picture. It's on my SK650. We were picking up the whole limbs that were coming out over the house with the bobcat and using the sk650 to grab the base of them as we lowered them down so we could point them at the chipper. The landing zone wasn't big enough to just lay them down. We had to set them down parallel to the side of the house. I think I've got some more picture of us lifting limbs on my phone which is currently dead. I'll try to post up some more later.

Structure pruned 3 neglected Austrian pines, Vista pruned two Japanese maples, structured two young Eastern white pines, and canopy cleaned a medium sized London plane. Nothing too exciting, just busy work preserving trees!

Felt my back starting to seize up last Friday so I took it easy and gave the guys Saturday off. By Sunday I was immobile.
This has been a good opportunity for my understudy to step up with bucket and climbing work. I set the guys up in the morning and head back to my house to lay on the wood floor with a heating pad.

dbl612, What would something like that pay in your area? That's on the low side for here depending on what is around the tree. I sold a maple removal last week for $550 including the stump but it's around a 14" tree. There's a fence on one side of it but otherwise wide open. Part of what you have to look at in different areas is cost of living. Here a nice 1800 sq ft house in a decent neighborhood on a 1/2 acre is usually around $140K to $160K for instance.
Somewhere half that size in Melbourne is around $1,000,000+ depending on suburb

My house IS only half that size. But then, I only paid $30K for it. Small towns in the midwest US are still the cheapest places to live, I think. Well, unless you want to live in a cardboard box under a bridge.

Felt my back starting to seize up last Friday so I took it easy and gave the guys Saturday off. By Sunday I was immobile.
This has been a good opportunity for my understudy to step up with bucket and climbing work. I set the guys up in the morning and head back to my house to lay on the wood floor with a heating pad.

Yeah, you're no spring chicken anymore yourself. Hope you're feeling better.

I know I pushed my poor old body pretty hard this year. Was holding up pretty good till this annoying elbow deal on the right. I think it's just tendonitis, or whatever. I'm hoping the winter slow down helps it. I did just get a brace, which seems to help some. :cry:

Then there's that deal where I fell off a ladder+tree putting up a new clothesline for mom. right shoulder has some issue now as well. Hopefully that goes away on its own too. You guys would've loved it, I ended up on the neighbors side of an 8' stockade fence, flomped down next to a dumpster. ****in ladders,, all the years up there and I fell in my mom's backyard! I know that's the way they say it happens, but I really figured they meant someone else,, not The MDS!! Grr..

Spent 4 hrs in a scissor lift getting the 6m hedge a good trim followed by mulching it all on Saturday. Sunday morning cleaning up 3 blow overs at my dads property, 2 of which landed on the fence line. Then went for a 30 mile bike ride. Then sharpened the chains from the mornings excursion, then proceeded to collapse on the couch 9pm.
Can't wait for work tomorrow to recover [emoji12]

Yeah, you're no spring chicken anymore yourself. Hope you're feeling better.

I know I pushed my poor old body pretty hard this year. Was holding up pretty good till this annoying elbow deal on the right. I think it's just tendonitis, or whatever. I'm hoping the winter slow down helps it. I did just get a brace, which seems to help some. :cry:

Then there's that deal where I fell off a ladder+tree putting up a new clothesline for mom. right shoulder has some issue now as well. Hopefully that goes away on its own too. You guys would've loved it, I ended up on the neighbors side of an 8' stockade fence, flomped down next to a dumpster. ****in ladders,, all the years up there and I fell in my mom's backyard! I know that's the way they say it happens, but I really figured they meant someone else,, not The MDS!! Grr..

Ladders to adults are like strangers with candy to kids. No good can become of it, but it's so enticing.

Did a some splitting today with my little helper! Trying to get all my stuff split. Been working to much OT all summer and finally getting to it!
41b76bdf9fd914c79c8075d6e0969cd9.jpg

Topped, trimmed and cleaned up two 80 foot poplar trees, two big elm trees, and one willow tree with the 60 foot 4x4. Snorkel lift 4.5 hours not a bad day!

I went and took some classes to further educate myself on aboriculture, walked around gathering up as many "buffs" as I could, and then hung out and drank with some of my peers tonight. Also treestuff decided to give me a lot of free stuff and buy my beer. Awesome time at the tcia expo.

It was a beautiful day!!

Back