What 16" .050 bar on 066?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wagonwheeler

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I put a Stihl 16" .050 on my 066 and the chain rivets seem to drag on the polymer guides pretty tight - I haven't run it this way, just pulled it around.

Is the bar to narrow (top to bottom height) to keep the chain in the right place? Never really considered this dimension till now.

Is there a 16" bar that'll fit the 066? All I see listed is 20" and up.

Chaser

Same bar as 3/8 for the smaller saws 026, 0280, 361, 044....

I have had no problems, you don't want a 3/8 low pro bar though.

Thanks Timber. I was hoping I wasn't limited to some oddball .063 hardnose 16" for it.

Mine is a 3003 000 8913.

I mounted it up squeaky clean but even so it just feels too snug. I'll see if it frees up when it get's oil shot to it.

Chaser

The bar number you give is good and should mount just fine. It has the same mount as the 20" Stihl bar for the 066. Good luck.

Recheck your top Max rpm...with a tach.,.. and set it richer. it will be WAY too high with a 16.

It's common for new nylon guides to drag on a new chain - they wear correctly immediately you start the saw.

Took it by the shop and set it at 12,600 w/o b&c. I wanted it tached w/ the 16" b&c so that I could run it with the 16 or an 18 or a 25 and not worry about overrevving. But we set it while someone else was making up a 16" rs loop for me, so it was set w/o chain.

I don't have a tach so I wanted to set it conservative.

And the 16" bar was just right for cutting up a large liveoak limb after work for a co-worker. It fell in his yard 4mos ago and was dry and hard as iron.

Used my 361 on a 12" pine that fell in his yard as well.

Thanks to all.

Chaser

Latest posts

Back