What are people paying for the new MS261 and MS362?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone think some dealers selling the 260's could have been offered a cut on them from Stihl? Hey, we'll give you $50 off each saw if you take 20 of them. This would help Stihl clear house and it would also explain why certain dealers have them lingering. Maybe they have tons of them in the back.

Anyway, just thinking that some dealers could have figured buying an older saw at a good price would be more profitable than buying the new saw and selling it for less of a markup.

Go ahead and get it I will help you test it out:clap:
I'd like to get one and run it side by side my 346xp, just to see for myself, but that would be some expensive testing.

Why don't you get one and bring it out to my place. I got wood to cut. :)

I'd like to get one and run it side by side my 346xp, just to see for myself, but that would be some expensive testing.

Why don't you get one and bring it out to my place. I got wood to cut. :)
I have thought about selling a couple of saws to fund the purchase of the 261 just can't make up my mind

I bought my MS362 in the fall, paid $625+tax, it came with a 25" bar, RSC chain, and 3 bottles of Stihl Sythetic oil. Stopped in the dealer a few weeks ago and asked about a MS261, he told me it would be $500+tax with a 16" B&C.

If I wanted a 261 and they dealer said no 261's until the 260's were gone, I would tell them I'll find a dealer that wants my business.

Alittle over a month ago I went shopping to replace my Husky 51(great saw but you know CAD). A year ago I bought a MS361 for the bigger stuff. After reading the reveiws of the MS261 thought that was my choice. Went to the dealer from which I purchased the 361. He looked at me like I had two heads and tried to sell me a MS270 with MS260pro's on display. Went to another local dealer. He to had a 260pro but tried to sell me a FarmBoss. Told him I want a 261. He said I can order you one, $600.00 out the door and $50.00 deposit. I said why not just order one in for display. He said he doesn't place his chainsaw order till summer so he has them for fall. Walked out of there. Went to my local Husky dealer and purchased a 346xp 18"bar for $472.00 plus tax ($500.00 out the door) and he threw in a few extras. Haven't been sorry!!!

I saw one or two MS261 on the shelves around here in CT. They are going for $569 with 16" bar, $579 for 18". You may want to consider Brad's very lightly used saw in the link atvguns posted. It is probably the best deal you will find. I would have jumped on it myself a couple days ago but I needed my saw this weekend so I bought a Husky 346xp the other day. If you can wait for Brad to ship that one, jump on it. I missed out for only having 1 saw, no backup. See, CAD has a valid excuse!

Are people still not able to get the 261 in some areas?

I've only seen one dealer with one in Missouri. That was in a pretty small town. I haven't seen any around St. Louis except the Stihl rep showed one at a dealer display.

The 362 is $729 but has the PNW kit on all of them ( 3/4 wrap handle, large clutch cover with extended chip deflector, large dual dawg with chain catcher, H/O oiler, and 25" bar with skip tooth chain) For $120 more you could get the same setup in a 441.

The John Deere / Stihl dealer 10 miles north of me said they hadn't even heard of a 261. The Kubota/ Stihl dealer 20 miles south had a couple on the shelf. This was within a few days time span several weeks ago.:dunno:

Back