What are the most valuable collector saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like some of the older Poulin's. The 5200, 5400 and 8500 if in good shape don't go cheap and good saws. I have owned a lot of 3400, 3700, 3800 and 4000s, but the bigger ones are hard to find in good shape and cost a war pension.
I have a 5400 had (3) 5200's and many of the other models

Lot of the others posted to me just more or less common and not very valuable to date.

Now like heading ask to me the valuable one is still the 2 solo twins to the collector guys. Has been for many years.

I put the BP and Wankel in that small class of saws too.

The 2 different ones friend owns plus many others still too.

I even ran one that Larry had a local gtg many years ago.

solotwinsss.jpgsolotwins.jpgsolotwinc4f.jpg

Lot of the others posted to me just more or less common and not very valuable to date.

Now like heading ask to me the valuable one is still the 2 solo twins to the collector guys. Has been for many years.

I put the BP and Wankel in that small class of saws too.

The 2 different ones friend owns plus many others still too.

I even ran one that Larry had a local gtg many years ago.
I have a.....
Solo Twin
McCulloch BP1
Dolmar KMS4 "Wankel"
Jonsered Diesel
Echo 100
Echo 1001
Stihl 090AV
Stihl 090G
Stihl 090 chain drive.
Stihl 041G
Stihl BLK
Stihl BL
Homelite 3100G
Homelite 770 Stick Shift
Homelite 7-29
Homelite 8-29

and 750 more

I thought my Turbomatic was the rarest saw i had
Then i got a Spears and Jackson that is older, and maybe even fewer around.
I once saw about a dozen 2 man saws at Walkers sugar shack in Ontario and thought i would never have that many two man saws,then they started to accumulate.
Value always depends on personal preferences...

I have a.....
Solo Twin
McCulloch BP1
Dolmar KMS4 "Wankel"
Jonsered Diesel
Echo 100
Echo 1001
Stihl 090AV
Stihl 090G
Stihl 090 chain drive.
Stihl 041G
Stihl BLK
Stihl BL
Homelite 3100G
Homelite 770 Stick Shift
Homelite 7-29
Homelite 8-29

and 750 more

I’d be interested in seeing your 090 chain drive. I didn’t think they ever made one.

Possibly...
Depends on what you are looking for.
I’m not looking for anything in particular, I’m mainly a Contra guy, but I ended up with a couple of extra 3100G Homelites. If you have something you wouldn’t mind parting with, shoot me a list of what you have and we can go from there. The first saw I will be selling is scored, but I have a NOS piston, rings, cylinder, and crank seals that would go with the saw.

Good morning all you long lost souls.
So I'd post more pictures in here if people would enjoy seeing some saws that I would personally consider slightly rare and historical to the chainsaw history in Europe and North America. But it seems some think that posting such saws is bragging or makes certain people jealous to the point of a meltdown. So my question to those reading this how many would like to see some old kettensägen, motorsagen or aka vintage chainsaws? 🤔

Maybe not the rarest or the most valuable chainsaw in the collection but it's definitely a historical one for me. Titan 75 with 2 man option. These saws were capable of running very long bars and for their size and weight were very powerful machines way ahead of their time for 1956. 20230714_183109.jpg

Latest posts

Back