What are you building with your milled wood? merged

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mtngun is that some of the doug fir that you CSMed.

Looks good.

First time poster, but have been lurking for a while. I've gotten some great tips on milling here so thought i'd share what I do.

I live in the kelowna bc area and do a crap load of mountain bike trail building. I like to build a lot of jumps, and other unique features on my trails. Often these trails are remote enough that milling wood on-site is the only option.

My friend and I blew up 3 husky 2100's before getting a new 395xpw. We are very please with this saws ability.

Here's a custom light weight mill I made
p4pb5947271.jpg

Other random photo's
p4pb5947293.jpg

p4pb5947301.jpg

p4pb5947304.jpg

p4pb5947272.jpg

p4pb5947278.jpg

19963_357251802064_506367064_4544754_1439465_n.jpg

I attached the 4x6 beams to the posts by cutting a 3x6 recess into the post for the beam to sit in then lag screwed it to the post. Nothing has moved so far. It is a great place to have a cold one or two or three......

First time poster, but have been lurking for a while. I've gotten some great tips on milling here so thought i'd share what I do.

I live in the kelowna bc area and do a crap load of mountain bike trail building. I like to build a lot of jumps, and other unique features on my trails. Often these trails are remote enough that milling wood on-site is the only option.

My friend and I blew up 3 husky 2100's before getting a new 395xpw. We are very please with this saws ability.

Looks like the Gillard area .... ? Nice stunts

I started a solid oak cabinetmakers workbench, but don't have photos yet. I'll post when it's done.

In the meantime, here's the only other thing I've finished with my lumber. The mantle is 8" x 12" x 7' of red oak from a tree about 20' from my house. Oddly enough, the first fire was built from offcuts of that mantle. Think that's bad karma?

IMGP1165-1.jpg

all I didn't mill was the fingerboard, tho I did slot it. Ash body, maple neck. Rosewood fingerboard. 25 inch scale.

Hey Stonykill,

Lead guitar in my band wants me to mill him a piece of ash to make a Strat clone. How thick should I mill the slab for him and what should the w x h be?

Nice job in the stick!

jerry-

Hey Stonykill,

Lead guitar in my band wants me to mill him a piece of ash to make a Strat clone. How thick should I mill the slab for him and what should the w x h be?

Nice job in the stick!

jerry-

thanks! to make a strat you need a finished/planed size of 13 wide x 18 long x 1-3/4. I like to mill to 2-1/4 thick, so I can plane thru any checks. I usually mill my guitar slabs 24 inches long with the mill.

Back