What brand is your main firewood saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What brand is it?

• Total voters
Stihl ,066 my old one .Have a new one, just prefer the old one. Sometimes a 038 for limbing/spare saw.

I usually will pull my jred 2240. But lately since it's new to me I've been usin the 028s.

I have a number of other brands but when I need reliable saws to get the job done away from home I usually end up with Stihls.

Well put. Especially considering the fact that you seem to have access to saws that we could not even imagine.

I don't always cut wood
But when I do it's with a Dolmar
or a Stihl
but I'd like to try a Husky or a Jonsered or an Echo or Efco or or or

Im actually suprised how few use Jonsered, thought there would be more "love" for the reds.

Anyways, I only have two saws and the 365 I have was practically a basket case when I got it and just got it back together. I havent had much of an opportunity you use it but I will the next few week. The 365 is so rough around the edges and hasnt proved to be reliable yet so it is a backup to my J'red 2159C. Ive owned the J'red going on 3 years now and have only cut 12-15 cord with it. Its a good mid size saw IMO and has been able to drop anything I put it up against with my 18" bar. Might not be the fastest but it has no problem burrying the tip.

I'll have to go along with JJ on this one. Poulan's in my truck too. The 3400-4000 and 4200-5200 series are very solid, great running saws. Nothing knocking the "Orangemen" though. Def alot of respectable saws out there. But... Well...ILikesEmGreen.

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

I've cut most of my firewood the last 10 years with my Husqvarna Rancher 50. I've gained a few more saws since Fall. (CAD). So now I have to make choices all over again.

Back